• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 ND Moose Hunt: Once in a lifetime tag

Scoot

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scoot

• sticknstring

• DonBo

• cbrooks

That's a beautiful cow - what a trophy! Congrats Scoot & thanks for bringing us along for the ride!

Did you save that scapula? Curious to see how thick it was where you broke through.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Great story and pictures. thank you.

Congrats on the hunt as well.

Congrats, great story & great pics. I knew they were huge, but man does she look enormous in those pics. It had to be so satisfying after the hunt you went through to put that second arrow into her & know she was definitely down. Pretty sure I'd be pinching myself to check for being awake.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

What an awsome hunt and experience Scoot!

Congrats!

Moose tastes great, especially cube 1" by 1" wrap a bit of bacon around it, grill them and enjoy bigtime, awesome story and hunt !

Way to go! And thank you so much for taking the time to write about it and post pictures.....I appreciate being able to live the hunt through you smile... Nice job

Just read through the last 6 to 7 pages. Great story glad it worked out and it sounds like you had alot of great people out there helping you. Cant wait to read about the next adventure!

Once in a lifetime !! Slick shootin Scoot! Just made some homade jalepeno and aged cheddar summer ssw out of min; tasty moose treat!

Did you save that scapula? Curious to see how thick it was where you broke through.

No I didn't save it. I should have and taken some pics of it. It was weird how quickly the momentum of the arrow got shut down after what I would really describe as a glancing blow. It didn't occur to me until now, but I wonder if I both skipped off the leg structure (shoulder bone) AND centered a rib bone? I didn't think to check it... Regardless, the arrow came to a quick stop! Those big animals like moose and elk are big, thick, and tough- nothing about them is like a deer with regards to how an arrow responds to them.

Thanks for all the feedback, fellas! I always enjoy taking pics along the way and sharing with everyone. Lots of fun for me too...

Scoot, thanks for giving us all another archery hunting trip this season. That makes a total of two for me now this year. frown

Congrats though!!!! I'm glad you made it happen!cool

Great job Scoot! The pictures are really cool and it was a well told story. I was really surprised to hear how helpful everyone was. Nothing against you, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be the norm anymore for people to easily give land access permission. It almost seems like it was a team effort and everyone wanted you to be successful which is awesome.

How much meat did you end up with from her? Are you getting any sausage or anything else made out of her?

Once again, congrats on a great accomplishment!

nbadger, I took the backstraps and the loins out and took care of them myself. I was told either 280 or 285 lbs of meat- can't remember which. I'm getting two different kinds of pepper sticks, some jerky, some ground burger, and three different kinds of sausage. I usually do all of it myself, but it was so much meat that I didn't want to try tackle it over the holiday season. It'll be expensive, but hopefully worth it.