• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Goodbye Delmon Young

Getanet

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• SledNeck

• PierBridge

• B. Amish

Greebs, up until he was traded, Cuddy was the hot hitter and Delmon was doing NADA. Who cares? He is gone. What can we do, sit n FemaleDog n whine about it?

ya you probably are right. it's not like not getting a possible higher than deserved return out of cuddy is the first time management has got burned on this team.

Every player on this team has burned them this season. None have earned their checks. We seem to be back to powder blue Twins this year, so sad.

Every player on this team has burned them this season. None have earned their checks. We seem to be back to powder blue Twins this year, so sad.

It is. Mauer's contract will prove to be the equivalent of the Hershel Walker trade. The contract that sunk a franchise...for years...and years to come. Despite his personal success in the past...he is a loser...and the clubhouse knows it.

If Mauer stays, then Gardy has to go, and visa versa. I think Gardy knows exactly what he has in Mauer and he's sick about it. His hands are tied on this situation and he knows his days are numbered. No respect...on either side...and Gardy will be the one to go.

Mauer has PROVEN to be a wuss...a non-worker...and definately someone who can NOT lead a team to success...ever. He has ZERO respect in that locker room right now.

Powder Blue Twins...at least the jersey matches it's players. Sad, sad day!

Holy Cow Zep?

Quote:
really wish team would have made a deadline trade while cuddy was playing above his normal play and got some good prospects for him.

No team is/was going to give up any prospects for an older slightly above average player like Cuddy. It's not how it works teams don't make panic moves based on short term success.

Delmon's trade value is/was higher being he's fairly Young and his upside "potential" is much greater.

I'm pretty happy getting two pitching prospects including the 10th overall pick in the 2010 draft actually for Delmon and can't see anyway a team would have giving us close to that for Cuddy.

I'm on the fence as far as Delmon goes. I think if and when Delmon and his agent "who I don't blame" come to grips that Delmon is a DH for the rest of his career he can be a decent "not great" hitter in this league.

• 3 weeks later...

"Young 2010: Young hit .298, 21 home runs

Cuddyer 2011 (thus far): .295, 18 HRs 3 points behind and 3 HRs behind- he won't match Delmons last year? I bet he will better it."

to whomever made this bet, it's not looking like it..... and not to mention the rbi's......just saying.

"Young 2010: Young hit .298, 21 home runs

Cuddyer 2011 (thus far): .295, 18 HRs 3 points behind and 3 HRs behind- he won't match Delmons last year? I bet he will better it."

to whomever made this bet, it's not looking like it..... and not to mention the rbi's......just saying.

YET Cuddy is worth 10 mil and delmon suxz

delmon must have forgot in the first inning tonight that it was the big bad yankees he was facing. don't ya know delmon that against the yanks you are supposed to get their autographs and then you retreat to the corner of the dugout and cower with your blankie?

losing a verlander start sure looks to be a bad deal for the tigers now in this series.

I think it was Ruth who said "hit 'em where they ain't"....and Delmon has done so---even with a broken bat.

Anybody know the "ex-Cub factor" story for this year yet?

Manny Trillo's great grand kid is the bat boy for the Diamond backs is all I could come up with Geno... grin

Delmon's on FIRE! Not surprising, you knew his bat had to wake-up and of course it's this year in play-offs versus last year for us when we needed him.

It's almost like he needs a change of teams every couple years to get motivated again. Let me guess he shows up in great shape next year like 2010 with us unlike the over-weight and struggling Delmon we had this year!

Go Tigers/Brewers!

All I pray for is the Yankees to get knocked out of the playoffs. Do every year, and if it is Delmon that does it- so be it. Can't stand that team, never have and I never will.

All I pray for is the Yankees to get knocked out of the playoffs. Do every year, and if it is Delmon that does it- so be it. Can't stand that team, never have and I never will.

+1!

I, myself, am a WSox hater!

Manny Trillo....the first coming of Ryne Sandberg.

(Remember how he'd catch the grounder and then study the ball before he threw the guy out?)

But "great" grand kid? I knew I was gettin old.

Go Tigers!

Delmon will not have to swing at the junk pitches with Miguel behind him. He will just take the walks. Those fast balls looks pretty good to him right now.

Game Thursday night should be a good game. Last night the Yanks just put a whooping on. Hope to see a 1-0 game coming down to the closers to win it or lose it.

delmon didn't walk when he was here with drew butera, luke hughes, tolbert and the rest of the lollypop gang hitting behind him.

Correct and he wouldn't get any fastballs with those guys behind him either. The season before he hit well because Thome and Cuddy were behind him. Once they moved him back down to 7th or what ever he batter here he wasn't going to get any good pitches to hit. He is a free swinger but now he doesn't have to as much with Miguel behind him. Pretty sure most don't want to pitch to Miguel and take chances with Delmon batting.

guys who are patient need protection, not someone like delmon. you can't pitch around delmon if you tried. that's why he didn't walk any more with hughes, tolbert, and butera hitting behind him. put that crew behind a paitent hitter and they'd have an obp over .400 with ease. delmon mustered up nothing.

you could have babe ruth behind delmon and i wouldn't pitch him any different.

delmon's hitting 3rd for detroit because they need him too and he is a good hitter, not because he needed the protection from guys trying to pitch around him.

Correct and he wouldn't get any fastballs with those guys behind him either. The season before he hit well because Thome and Cuddy were behind him. Once they moved him back down to 7th or what ever he batter here he wasn't going to get any good pitches to hit. He is a free swinger but now he doesn't have to as much with Miguel behind him. Pretty sure most don't want to pitch to Miguel and take chances with Delmon batting.

cuddy seldom hit behind delmon in the 2010 season. remember the term "second cleanup hitter" that gardy used last year when many were suggesting delmon and cuddy switch spots in the lineup. it's too bad gardy didn't listen given that ill fated double play ball that morneau broke up last year, but regardless it wasn't the batters behind delmon that helped him out in 2010. he just flat out hit the ball; especially when there were runners on base.

And the Yankees are done. I don't particularly like the Tigers, but I'm happy they won.

Oh, and Delmon had another homerun. Go figure.

He was out of the game at the end with an apparent oblique strain. I think that's a nice way of saying you're defense sucks and they don't want his defense out there in that situation. Is it is an ablique strain, he might be out awhile. Wasn't that his issue with the twins this year?