• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions for Vikings Season.

flipper

We will end the season 14-4!! You heard it here first. This was the start of our big run!! Nothing's gonna stop us now!!! WE'RE COMING!!!WE'RE COMING!!! Reserve your spot along the parade route now!!!

Bears? Dead!!

Packers? Dead!!

Lions? Dead!!!

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• LMITOUT

• flipper

• reinhard1

hey don't drink all the Kool-aid! Save some for me!

There is plenty of room on the bandwagon, and I am mixing up fresh batches of purple cool-aid all the time!! Get on board!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

One game at a time, but we beat the Bears, and we are on to something. The opportunity is still there. Got Bears and Pack befire bye week. GO VIKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

last time I checked Ponder is 2ndon the depth chart. With that being said, the Vikes did not win that game based on QB play. they won it because of our world class RB-AP, and a pretty solid O line. What bothers me, is we beat the card's (not that good of a team). Cannot get our hopes up. If we can go to Chi-Town, and pull out a W, we will be onto something. Just like I said before, I am still hoping, and I think if the cards are played right we could go into the bye week 4-4. I know some think we dont stand a chance against GB, but I dont care what records say, when we play divisional games it is always a tough game! Still would like to get Ponder involved, but am holding hope that Leslie knows what to do, and we can get there. I HOPE TO SEE 4-4 at the bye.........tonight-go Bears??

You're right, they did not win because of McNabb. They also did not win because of the o-line or AP(even though he was AWESOME). They won from turnovers and one well timed punt return. They scored 6 points in 3 quarters against a team that's in much worse shape than the Vikes.

Savor the win Vikes fans. Only one more to go. Maybe two if they decide to give McNabb his pink slip.

"=paceman]hey don't drink all the Kool-aid! Save some for me! [/quote "

There is plenty of room on the bandwagon, and I am mixing up fresh batches of purple cool-aid all the time!! Get on board!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!

Be careful on the corners with that wagon, or your bound to tip over...

Unless someone started a new thread about the Bears game, seems like everyone bailed on this band wagon...well maybe except Dylan33 grin

The bright spot from the game that I saw was that Smilin' Don was not in for the 4th quarter grin

Ponder did look decent, but of course it was at the end of the game.

Frazier didn't say the Smilin' Don would be the starter, so there is hope that Ponder will get the nod so we can see what the boy can do for a full game.

I dont see a win for a while on the schedule, but oh well, it isn't as depressing when you know it's a loss wink

Frazier and McNabb's post-game press conference was laughable. I actually wish last night's game was at home, so Donovan could have been booed into a crying frenzy.

I know a guy who doesn't want to start for the Vikes Archie Manning. They are still finding parts of his anatomy here in MN. I doubt he bought many burger baskets for that O-line lol. It's Ponder time why not. McNabb is holding the clipboard.

• 1 month later...

This thread needed a bump To the Top...

Just for all the folks that mentioned playoffs or a .500+ season... whistlewhistlegrin

Oh, and where is that LeechGuy with his PowerRankings?

The only way this wont be a sub .500 team is if somehow our young CB somehow show a glimmer that they didnt last year. Somehow that our OL, doesnt leak like a siv, with less pieces then last year, also can make a hole for AP a few times a game, and our dline to somehow figure out where the QB is. Also lets not forget the down grade in WR. All with a new head coach, a new OC, a new DC, an new system all together, and a new QB to run it. After writing it all out, I doubt we will get 5 wins.

Do I think we will get 5 wins? I still doubt it, but it is possible.

If the draft started tomorrow, I think we might be picking 3rd. Is there anyone noteworthy coming out of college this year that the vikings should try and get in the draft?

Boy I don't know, there is only one slam dunk (so they say) and the Colts are on pace to get LUck.. We have so many voids it's ridiculous... I think we really need to start with either a WR early, o-line second, and d-backs in second round, or trade down to get two first rounders.... and spend a alot of money in free agency!

Well, the Vikings really dont have many needs, other then running back, so so I say they just trade all of their picks for cash. crazy

I say they just trade all of their picks for cash. crazy

What about giving Herschel a second chance?? He thinks he could still play competitively.

2012 Prediction 3-13.

lol! I have to say it is a bit early for next years predictions. We could easily cut some dead weight, and pick up some good FA, make a trade, and have a good draft, and be right back in it. But I doubt it grin

If the draft started tomorrow, I think we might be picking 3rd. Is there anyone noteworthy coming out of college this year that the vikings should try and get in the draft?

Consider the state of the Vikes, I think they should just draft the best available when their choice comes. So many holes to fill it's ridiculous! We need fresh bodies at EVERY position!

...and that's where I disagree with the standard draft philosophy. The NFL draft is such a carp-shoot, even in the first round but especially the further you get down the line. With so many holes and a bunch of cap weight, the Vikings best strategy IMO would be to trade down a few times to stockpile picks. You save money and get the benefit of filling more positions. Yes they are lower round guys but I'd rather take my chances that one of two 2nd round choices is a winner versus putting all of my eggs in one 1st rounder. The Vikings could employ this approach quite easily....and....gulp, it's what the Packers' Ted Thompson has been doing to some extent.

...and that's where I disagree with the standard draft philosophy. The NFL draft is such a carp-shoot, even in the first round but especially the further you get down the line. With so many holes and a bunch of cap weight, the Vikings best strategy IMO would be to trade down a few times to stockpile picks. You save money and get the benefit of filling more positions. Yes they are lower round guys but I'd rather take my chances that one of two 2nd round choices is a winner versus putting all of my eggs in one 1st rounder. The Vikings could employ this approach quite easily....and....gulp, it's what the Packers' Ted Thompson has been doing to some extent.

I think even more successfully, the Patriots have employed the same draft philospy that you are talking about. Seems to be working for them.

The Viking's have pretty good success with their 1st round picks with this group of guys in charge...they are TERRIBLE in the 2nd round and beyond. Take the high pick as an O-Lineman and then keep picking in your order. They have proven themselves to be unreliable at managing our draft picks when they start trading down or even worse...trading up.