• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Predictions for Vikings Season.

flipper

The money wasted on McNabb sure could have come in handy in beefing up the offensive line. Games are won and lost at the line.

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SkunkedAgain

• LMITOUT

• flipper

• reinhard1

...i agree with what you say but how do you build a great team for the future by playing a quarterback who will be gone at the end of the year? how do you decide on your draft priorities if you haven't seen the younger quarterbacks play in this league to see how well they will do? our chance of getting into the playoffs are slim to none so i dont see the purpose of McNabb playing. good luck.

All good points. Rest assured that there are 53 guys on the Vikings roster that don't think that the season is done at 0-4, no matter what the radio experts and fans think. My personal take is that most of the draft priorities are quite apparent and the Vikings aren't going to foolishly draft two #1 QBs in a row. So I don't see why you rush Ponder into the game. These guys still want to win.

Responding to your first question, it's not a given that playing a veteran QB versus a rookie delays the building of a great future team. One could argue that allowing the rookie to learn from the veteran's successes and mistakes is more beneficial than just tossing the rookie into the fire. It's a hopeless argument for all of us, since neither way consistently works and there are many other variables involved.

I really like Ponder and think that he could be a good spark, but the other side of my brain says that he'd be better off learning in practice and from running scout squads. As an aside, Aaron Rodgers has stated that one of the big reasons for his success was running the scout teams for three years. He feels that it prepared him for the game much better versus just hoping into the game. Again, that's not a magic solution but just some anecdotal evidence for one theory.

fair enough. something i have never considered. like i said, arm chair quarterback. thanks. good luck.

Eh, there are people much smarter than us (maybe) arguing over these same things at Winter Park. At least we won't be the ones to lose our jobs depending on the outcome!

Personally this may be a pipe dream from me, but I still see the vikes having success this year. I know that they have dissapointed (understatement), but they still believe they are a better team than there record shows. And in my opinion that comes from the top (Leslie). If they keep heading down this road things will change, but I heard Percy say it the other day. They are still beliving that they can win the rest of the season (12 games). I know from my perspective, I would rather see them loosing right now than later part of the season. Just think we still have a great opportunity to beat pack twice, bears twice, and lions once. Do that and win some games, and cheer for the oppodent of the other division teams, and HEY!'''we got ourselves a brand new season. Maybe this is just me HOPING, but thats all a fan can really do right>?>? STTTIIIIILLLLLLL GO VIKES~!!!!!!!

McNubb plays...Vikes 1-15.

Webb plays...Vikes at least 2-14, but a heckofalot more fun to watch.

Ponder can work his but to the bone to get ready for next year. What a waste to play him now. Right...let him get hurt...real smart. They know he can play. Pretty obvious.

Webb's the man right now. LF it's your job to light the fire...crawl out from under the rock and do it NOW. McNubb can still be your bud, but do him a friendly favor and just let him fade off into the sunset before it get's any uglier. Give him the official "mentor" badge and move on.

this is Fraziers first year as a head coach, and i think he does deserve a chance to do his thing. it will all work out in the end one way or another. good luck.

Agreed. I think that most of us liked Leslie's coaching style...he made one heck of a defense. Sometimes it takes a little time to figure out how to do it at the next level. It's not like he's directly losing the games by making poor coaching decisions.

Personally this may be a pipe dream from me, but I still see the vikes having success this year. I know that they have dissapointed (understatement), but they still believe they are a better team than there record shows. And in my opinion that comes from the top (Leslie). If they keep heading down this road things will change, but I heard Percy say it the other day. They are still beliving that they can win the rest of the season (12 games). I know from my perspective, I would rather see them loosing right now than later part of the season. Just think we still have a great opportunity to beat pack twice, bears twice, and lions once. Do that and win some games, and cheer for the oppodent of the other division teams, and HEY!'''we got ourselves a brand new season. Maybe this is just me HOPING, but thats all a fan can really do right>?>? STTTIIIIILLLLLLL GO VIKES~!!!!!!!

it's good to be hopefull, but it ain't gonna happen.

Agreed. I think that most of us liked Leslie's coaching style...he made one heck of a defense. Sometimes it takes a little time to figure out how to do it at the next level. It's not like he's directly losing the games by making poor coaching decisions.

I would consider McNabb a poor coaching decision.

I wouldn't consider him a bad coaching decision. The vikings needed to bring someone in that knew the game well enough because of the shortened offseason. Leslie wasn't going to throw Ponder in there with no experience and not much practice time. I believe he felt that this team had/has a chance to compete. Not saying I am in love with bringing in McNabb, but I also feel that he can do much better than he has shown lately.

I am going to also hold out hope that the Vikes can turn it around. I know to most it may seem pretty slim, but weirder things have happened in the NFL. I am PRAYING we become only the second team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs. Lets just get this ball rolling against the Cardinals on Sunday. SKOL VIKINGS!!!

Give Leslie time, why not 0 superbowls in MN history, he can't do worse than that. He wants to take the Dungy approach but we don't have Peyton Manning in his prime. Check out them colts now even with Mathis and Freeney going nuts at D end. Would we have figured GB for last years title without Rodgers, Brees and NO, the Pats and Brady, Big Ben and a killer pitt D at the time, you seem to need that stable horse at QB before you fit your finger for a ring, things have changed since Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer won titles with 2 of the best defenses I've ever seen in their prime. Give Leslie lots of time.

Quote:
KFAN reporting Bernard Berrian inactive. Likely a disciplinary move for his Tweet war last week.

Really? Way to step up and draw a line in the sand, Leslie.

Hopefully Berrian's inactive because he's terrible not because of a tweet.

I just read something that was pure speculation that guessed they will be cutting BB for TO.

I hope not.

every person on the NFL pre game panel from Bradshaw to the others said the Vikings should start Ponder today. these guys know the game. good luck.

this thing is won. i give most of the credit to the defense. Peterson as always played great. next week the Bears. good luck.

I love watching Peterson. It seems like most of his runs, he drags a defender for at least 3 yards.

McNabb smiling and/or laughing when the fans (rightfully) started booing really annoyed me. It's not funny when you throw a ball at the ground 3 yards in front of a player, or when you throw it a yard behind them. At least he did finally figure out that quarterbacks can run for a 1st down or touchdown.

It was nice that the defense stepped it up this week, granted we were playing Arizona. I laughed when I saw Robison's celebration after his sack.

McNabb is not the answer this season. this is only a move so we can get as many wins as possible before the bye. then McNabb will be sat down or gone. i think they figure [management] if we can beat the bears and the cheeseheads it would justify McNabbs presence. and if for some reason we do that i look for McNabb to continue to start. i realy dont see an effort by the powers to be to accept the fact that we are re-building and not going to be some powerhouse heading into the playoffs.

i hope i'm wrong. just a monday morning quarterback. i still will watch the games regardless of the seasons outcome and i have been since day one. good luck.

The team has some talent, IMO they should be undefeated. Mcnabb can not throw anymore. It bothered me to when he was being booed and he started laughing. If you suck then show some humbleness. If they could just get the passing game down they would be a real threat.

Webb can pass and run. Ponder can also scramble out of the pocket and has passing skills. both are young and talented, and one of them should be given the ball now. good luck.

last time I checked Ponder is 2ndon the depth chart. With that being said, the Vikes did not win that game based on QB play. they won it because of our world class RB-AP, and a pretty solid O line. What bothers me, is we beat the card's (not that good of a team). Cannot get our hopes up. If we can go to Chi-Town, and pull out a W, we will be onto something. Just like I said before, I am still hoping, and I think if the cards are played right we could go into the bye week 4-4. I know some think we dont stand a chance against GB, but I dont care what records say, when we play divisional games it is always a tough game! Still would like to get Ponder involved, but am holding hope that Leslie knows what to do, and we can get there. I HOPE TO SEE 4-4 at the bye.........tonight-go Bears??