• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

McNabb to the Vikes ?

Jim Almquist

vikings reportedly after packers wr james jones!

They'd better be. They'll have to be lucky to get him, though. Who would you rather have throwing you the ball? I could ask another rhetorical question, but this is, after all, a Vikings thread. wink

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Scott K

• james_walleye

• FISHINGURU

vikings reportedly after packers wr james jones!

Apparently the Vikings didnt learn their lesson after the Troy Williamson debacle.

The Packers want to drop him faster than he drops passes from A-Rodg.

Webb to wr. Still got Harvin, the shank and the #1 te in the draft. There's your 4 wins and a trip to LA.

Isn't that TE they took a blocking TE and not really a recieving TE?

Maybe Webb and Harvin run the double wildcat a couple times to see 4 wins then. Hopeful things go well so we get a healthy dose of Ponder's gf in the stands. If I was his agent, I'd tell him to sandbag and see what LA has to offer.

Rudolph will be a beast, one good thing about Mcnub is he loves pass to the TE's.

Alot of haters around here lately, the Vikes will have a better season then we had last year, that was a fluke.

Feel bad for people that say Ponder isn't a QB when he's never even took a snap yet. We needed to get a guy like McNub that can come in with experience because of the lockout, I'd bet if it was a normal year and Ponder could of got after it right away he would of been starter.

One good thing about McNub is he can buy some time, he won't be a sitting duck like Favre. Favre was crafty in the pocket but last year he had no legs.

Once free agency is over the Vikes will have a squad together that could make the playoffs. Once in the playoffs anything can happen for any team, some really bad teams make the playoffs with a little luck.

Quote:
Coach Leslie Frazier confirmed that Donovan McNabb will start over Christian Ponder, "barring unforeseen circumstances."

"We're signing him assuming he's going to be our starting quarterback," said Frazier. "... There's no doubt in my mind Donovan McNabb will perform at a high level in 2011." Frazier has already sat down with Ponder and Joe Webb to explain the pecking order. McNabb will have to faceplant in August to lose the job. Even then, Ponder or Webb would have to play lights out.

Everyday it gets better for us Packer fans!!!! I love it!!!

+2

Sniffer

Apparently the Vikings didnt learn their lesson after the Troy Williamson debacle.

I hear that, glad the Packers resigned that pie stain so we didn't pick him up!

I hear that, glad the Packers resigned that pie stain so we didn't pick him up!

Probably a heck of a deal for the Packers after he sat out there and nobody picked him up, which means it wouldn't be a big deal to sit him on the bench if he doesn't get his act together. Having a player on the roster that knows the system can't hurt, and with Driver getting up there in age it's a cheap insurance policy. A win-win in the end for the Pack!

that's right, you read this correct.

from this...

Quote:

to this...

Probably a heck of a deal for the Packers after he sat out there and nobody picked him up, which means it wouldn't be a big deal to sit him on the bench if he doesn't get his act together. Having a player on the roster that knows the system can't hurt, and with Driver getting up there in age it's a cheap insurance policy. A win-win in the end for the Pack!

Dude, if it wasn't such a waste of my time, I would dig into all the posts I called/told LMIT he was a Packer fan, the ones he denied it, then the hypocritical ones after the Packers won the Super Bowl and he was finally admitting it

Well I'm sure glad that we have Zamboni here to TELL me what I do or don't like.

Where have I "admitted" that I'm a Packer fan? That's a new one.

PUHLEESE dude. You were as giddy as a 12 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert in february.

I can't be the only one that remembers you jumping for joy when the Packers won the Super Bowl.

No one trash talks the state he lives in more than you, what I can't figure out, is if you hate it so much here, why stay? You don't have anything positive to say about any of the sports teams, the government, nothing. You are a one of a kind.

No one trash talks the state he lives in more than you,

Um, doesn't LMIT live in North Dakota?

Um, doesn't LMIT live in North Dakota?

well then that would make perfect sense thats hes on a Minnesota Fishing Forum

well then that would make perfect sense thats hes on a Minnesota Fishing Forum

You're a bit behind the times regarding the reach of HSO. But I'm sure you already knew that. wink

I dont want to speak for Lmit, but I believe he lives a little south east of ND. As far as him being a cheesehead. I can remember a few posts when he referred to the Packers as "WE". And yes, it was very obvious that he is a cheesehead. Nothing wrong with that, as I know many, but most are a different breed wink And I dont think any cheesehead will argue that point grin

I think that hate for the Vikings is from the past. I think Lmit was a Vikings fan, since his favorite state doesnt actually have a football team, and he just got sick of being let down every year.

We?

Where do you guys come up with this stuff? smile

YES, you said "WE" when you were referring to the Packers. I kid you not.

But how was the rest of my analogy? Close?

You'd have to show me that because I don't remember ever saying "we". Maybe in a different context, but we all know nobody takes anything out of context here. wink

You're a bit behind the times regarding the reach of HSO. But I'm sure you already knew that. wink

Sorry, I was busy NOT fishing vermilion and catching piles of hawg walleyes

I am not going to dig up the past. You can, it was during the playoffs or right before, when the Pack knew they were going to the playoffs, before the SB. If you dont want to, then dont, it wont hurt my feelings any. Maybe you didnt intend to say it, but you did. The reason it stuck out to me, was you always said nobody could guess who your team was, and have always denied it was the Packers. Then when I seen the "We" I had a good chuckle. It was a Packer thread, regarding the Packers, I remember that.

I wont argue with you, because I simply dont care. We all have are favorite teams, and just a few years back, I made the promise to become a cheesehead if the Vikes lost to the Packers 3 times in the same season, but luckily for me, they beat them in the playoffs, and I saved myself the humilation of becoming a cheesehead. grin

Quote:
Good luck going 6-10 this year and being the doormat of the NFC North and the laughingstock of the league once again. 50 years of failure and yet still the bravado...what a bunch of frauds.

I wont argue about the 6-10 part, not the doormat part. But the laughingstock, and the 50 years of failure part I think is a bit of a stretch. The Vikings may have not won the SB, but there are 31 teams each year that dont. They have had some good years in the last 15 years. The Packers won it last year, not because they were the best team, they won it because they had a little luck on their side. In 2010, the Vikings were the best team, that didnt have the luck on their side.

The Packers won it last year, not because they were the best team, they won it because they had a little luck on their side. In 2010, the Vikings were the best team, that didnt have the luck on their side.

Your Honor, I rest my case.

HOLY COW!!!

crazy

if you think the team that wins the superbowl every year doesn't have luck on their side, then you're the one that is dillusional.