• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

McNabb to the Vikes ?

Jim Almquist

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Scott K

• james_walleye

• FISHINGURU

• 2 weeks later...

McNabb's key stats from his first game as a Viking:

Seven completions in fifteen pass attempts for thirty-nine yards passing.

One INT

No TDs

Not all McNabb's fault, as the offensive line made me wonder if cutting McKinnie was a mistake (it wasn't), and the offensive play-calling stunk. Still not the stuff of which franchise QBs are made. Good thing for all concerned McNabb is only here for one year.

Talk about both ends of the spectrum... Tonight Brady goes for 500+ passing while yesterday McNabb couldn't crack 40.

Glad I have Brady on my FFL team because it looks like taking Peterson at #2 was a wasted pick.

don't forget Henne, Brees, and Cam Newton going for over 400, Stafford, Cutler, Romo,Sanchez, Ryan, Kolb, Grossman, and Rodgers all going for over 300

don't forget Henne, Brees, and Cam Newton going for over 400, Stafford, Cutler, Romo,Sanchez, Ryan, Kolb, Grossman, and Rodgers all going for over 300

Sure seems to stick a fork in Lmit's point on the Peterson thread. Anybody can throw for 300. Unless.....wait for it........

They're wearing Purple.

it looks like taking Peterson at #2 was a wasted pick.

Ya your right... You have seen one game so far... You pretty much know exactly what is going to happen the other 15 games. You know what happens when you assume?

You know what happens when you assume?

The common aphorism is that to "a$$..u..me" makes an a$$ out of u (not talking about you, Jake) and me. In reality, it only makes an a$$ out of the one making the a$$sumption.

Anyway, we understand that LMIT knows all and sees all. Why even argue with the Prime Gadfly Dalai Lama? gringrin

He's just trying to get a rise outta the vikings and peterson fans. Cause ya know if the vikings didn't sign peterson they would have the next Peyton Manning...

lets be honest though, a lot of that 39 yard debacle was on the Oline and the playcalling, McNabb is certainly an acceptable QB, given ok playcalling and time to throw, and WRs that don't suck. Lots of things have to go perfectly wrong to get such a putrid output

Your basing all this off of one week. How many of those qb's go over 300 consistantly? just a handfull. You act like it's just soo easy to pick up a star quarterback.

Lots of things have to go perfectly wrong to get such a putrid output

The perfect storm, as it were. wink

Don't try to ruin the Monday morning quarterbacking. Where would sports forums be without in house experts? gringrin

McNabb is certainly an acceptable QB

Your definition of "acceptable" must differ from the Eagles who dumped him to a division opponent, no less, in favor of a QB that had only started a handful of games, and the Redskins who had enough of his poor attitude after one year and shipped him off as well to let Rex Grossman and something called John Beck battle it out for his spot.

smile

Yes, it has only been one week...and a week that has been a long time coming after the lockout and having to listen to baseball analysis all summer. Look at it this way, they always say to set achievable goals and I think that breaking 39 yards is definitely a goal that can be met. grin

I'm just saying that if his Oline didn't suck, and his WRs were open, he's more than serviceable for the short-term. I'd rather have aobut 2/3rds the QBs in the league, but he's not terrible

So run some screen plays to Peterson more than once per half, if they even do that. I've been saying that for years. At least it would give the O-Line a break and keep the defense on its toes a little more instead of knowing they can depend on the Vikes doing the run, run, pass, punt every drive of every game. Put that $100M man out there to earn his pay catching the ball like other good RB's have to do. Get him out into space where he can do his magic.

That would be the mind set of most football teams, but this is the vikings were talking bout. For some reason they NEVER run screen plays. Especially in the 4th quarters when the o-line is wearing down and the opposing d-line is pinning their ears back for the qb. It would be perfect. They try the draw plays, but by the time AP gets the ball the offensive lineman are getting pushed back into him.

"Assuming" again?

Nope. There are some experts here in house. Handful of fellas I listen to no matter what color they bleed, because they know their onions and don't let the KoolAid turn them.

You, on the other hand, definitely know your stuff, but you are a self admitted agent provocateur on these forums, and that means you wore out your welcome in about 15 minutes. You may not feel worn out, but I reckon there are a ton of other folks here who you've worn out, and just to please yourself. Or, to hold it high, in the interests of keeping participation high. crazy

Are there limits to the LMITOUT show? I'd like to think so, but in the real world I doubt it. As long as double-digit IQs keep rising to your sophomoric bait, you'll have a shelf life. gringringrin

Now, back to football. Goooooooo PACK!!!!!!! gringrin

LOL, McNub only had what 15 attempts? Is there any QB's in the league that throw for 3-4-500 yards with 15 attempts? I don't think so. Everyone already knows he isn't the best in the league but there's a good chance he can throw for 300 yards.

Give them a chance to get something goin, new coach, new coord, new QB, new schemes, new players and no offseason.

LOL, McNub only had what 15 attempts? Is there any QB's in the league that throw for 3-4-500 yards with 15 attempts? I don't think so. Everyone already knows he isn't the best in the league but there's a good chance he can throw for 300 yards.

Give them a chance to get something goin, new coach, new coord, new QB, new schemes, new players and no offseason.

He still had only 2.6 yards per attempt. Your quarterback should be up around 7.5 yards per attempt. The only quarterback to win a game this week with a significant deficit in yards per attempt was Mark Sanchez. Only two other quarterbacks won games trailing in yards per attempt, but the difference was 0.2 YPA, not all that significant.

All of you who want to put so much on one game, I assume you have already bet the farm on buffalo to be in the superbowl.......