• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

McNabb to the Vikes ?

Jim Almquist

Floyd when all you have given up is a couple 6th rounders to get the stability and potential that Mcnabb brings its a no brainer. The cupboard is not bare with this team. I can't remember who said it on ESPN, but the easiest money to be made in Vegas this fall is to bet over on the 6.5 win line for the likes this year. I agree with that.

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LMITOUT

• Scott K

• james_walleye

• FISHINGURU

IMHO it is never beneficial to sacrifice the future in the hopes of a small short term gain. We may have only given 2 late picks for McChunky but we also burned a 3rd for Moss last year and have given up picks to get Gerhart last season, to get Jared Allen, traded picks to get Tarvaris and Ryan Cook that I can think of right off the top of my head and got nothing in return for any of them.

And then fans wonder why we have no quality depth on the team.

And all this for another one year band aid that will leave us in no better position going forward and a smaller number of draft choices to fill the roster.

IMHO it is never beneficial to sacrifice the future in the hopes of a small short term gain. We may have only given 2 late picks for McChunky but we also burned a 3rd for Moss last year and have given up picks to get Gerhart last season, to get Jared Allen, traded picks to get Tarvaris and Ryan Cook that I can think of right off the top of my head and got nothing in return for any of them.

And then fans wonder why we have no quality depth on the team.

And all this for another one year band aid that will leave us in no better position going forward and a smaller number of draft choices to fill the roster.

You can't responsibly lump all this together.

Each deal was its own animal, as it always is with pro sports teams. Maybe your Vikes are prone to trading away future picks for current possibilities. But, compared with other NFL teams, maybe they are not so prone. I'd like to see a comparison on the trading away picks thing between NFL teams.

You have in McDubious at least a talented and seasoned QB who can fill a void this year in hopes that your Future Hope merits hope and will advance quickly. Other QBs have done well in their second season, or late in their first.

I wish you well, purple. But not TOTALLY well. smile

The buyers remorse won't be in full swing until about week 6.

The Mcnabb Bandwagoneers will be jumping off by week 3.

...and McNabb should be as well.

He's simply just an ancient version of T-Jack. The long TD tonight could have just as well been an INT if they were playing against any sort of decent secondary. Hail Mary's in the middle of the first quarter are a little early, don't you think?

What is the difference between McNabb and T Jack?

McNabb is about 10 years older.

McNabb is a better passer, perhaps? He also has a better head on his shoulders from a QB perspective. QB is one position I don't mind seeing some age to the guy. Would you rather have Cunnigham with the Eagles or the 98 Vikings version? They aren't RBs, experience means more at the QB position

If I were a Viking fan I wouldn't think it was very funny.

I thought he played well tonight. Moved the chains...put some points on the board and showed he still has alot of arm. I can see him signing an extension with the Vikes for another 2-3 years and then let Ponder take over. With roughly one month under his belt with a new offense,coaches, players, and plays...he's shown his experience will pay off.

I still like watching Webb...almost impossible to defend in 3rd and short situations and inside the 10 yard line. Hope the Vikes find some creativity for him this year. He's still very raw but very fun to watch.

Ponder has suprised me with with his arm strength...I really like what I've seen so far and it would be great if he could sit for 2-3 years and then take over.

What are they going to do with Webb...way too talented to be sitting on the bench but probably couldn't crack the top 5 receivers also? Have to get him on the field...it's a mis-match wherever you put him.

An older tjunk? I can't believe this conversation is going on......

I can with the people that are on these boards.

It's called TROLLING....you know when someone has NOTHING INTELLIGENT to say, they criticize on other teams threads. TROLLING!

And the FUNNIEST thing is....It WAS NOT intercepted. It went for a 49 yard touchdown. Call it how you want it, but a TD is a TD. Older version of Tjunk...That has to be the dumbest statement I have ever seen/heard/read. TJunk can't even sniff McNabbs jock.

Call it how you want it, but a TD is a TD.

True, the Monday morning box score sloths will see it that way, but if you actually saw the play it was poor decision on the part of McNabb. Yes, it was a preseason game and probably shouldn't read much into it, but it's just typical McNabb chuck-and-hope-for-luck and you have to wonder about his decision making process at this point in his career...especially after last year's debacle in Washington.

Berrian had Sensenbaugh beat by a step and a half initially and had to slow to catch the underthrown ball. How is throwing to him a bad decision??? Not a great throw, but Berrian had the step and nothing about it was a bad decision.

Did you happen to see the double coverage with the safety there for help? Any decent safety makes that interception all day long, instead of doing some goofy back peddle and jumping backwards to catch it.

Poor decision.

We'll just have to wait to see if he corrects those mistakes when the games count.

Ya and the double coverage was beat. He had both guys beat and if the ball is out in front rather than 2 yards short its not even close. I would think someone that claims to watch football would realize in the NFL that Berrian was considered wide open and you better not pass up the opportunity at an easy 6. The only reason the safety was even allowed to make an awkward play on the ball is because Mcnabb underthrew it and put it to far to the middle at that. The proper throw and the safety doesn't get within 2 yards of Berrian.

I would just suggest that you watch it again and that's all I'm going to say, but it appears that you are agreeing with my assessment of McNabbs poor decision in that he can't throw it like he thinks he can and needs to realize he ain't 25 anymore. Otherwise those hail mary type passes are going to kill any chance the team has at winning meaningful games.

I suggest u put down the purple haterade, wait 2 hours, then YouTube it. Particularly the reply portion where Berrian beats the corner running just inside the numbers but ends up closer to the hash to get the ball. If the ball is thrown to the numbers its not close. And don't pretend as if Mcnabb can't throw the ball 50 yards downfield anymore. The decision was right on, the throw wasn't. Clear as a bell on the replay. Hail mary.....yet the receiver has 2 steps oncoverage. Good stuff........but I'm left wondering once again why I feed into your bit.

Quote:
Good stuff........but I'm left wondering once again why I feed into your bit.

ha ha, I fell to it a few weeks back myself. Now I get to watch his next victim (you) fall prey to his trolling, and chuckle. wink

I dont think I'm the one trolling here, Scott.

Just calling it like I see it...and I just saw it again on NFLN moments ago and it was worse than I had thought. That safety had an easy INT and simply blew it. Like they say, that's why they're DBs and not WRs.

Of course he blew it, my god man. The ball was thrown 3 yards short and 4 yards to the right of where it should have lol. He missed an open receiver which allowed the safety an opportunity to make a play. Haha I'm done with this. There is no way you can watch the YouTube clip of Berrians route and not see that the throw was offline and it had nothing to do with his decision to throw it.