• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports by Outdoors with JonnyP

Random guy

full-10775-14390-img_22eye.jpg

You might have fooled everyone else Jonny P, but not me. I would hate to be at Waskish open gym with this rebounding machine.

dm_101112_nba_kevin_love_int.jpg

• Replies 608
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Random guy

• bturck

• shaky legs2

• kelly-p

Fishing is still absolutely on fire. Anywhere from 6’-9’ feet of water is producing walleye and large pike. The water as you can see from the video below is still murky but the walleyes are hunting hard and locking onto their targets. This is why I use rattling lures like the Lindy Rattle N’Flyer. Today brought a limit in about twenty minutes and they even put on a show for the Marcum camera!

full-10775-14803-dec11eyes.jpg

Sweet Jonny P.! Dad was down today and said he may have to give you a call and help you scout! wink

Its not very hard right now. If you can find your way to the lake you can catch a ton of fish.

I see that it's supposed to snow mid week. Do u guys know how much Ur supposed to get? Trying to decide if it would be better to bring smowmobiles up or a four wheeler.

Well this morning I ordered new hyfax for the Bearcat (ice scratchers don't work) and rigged the fourwheeler for ice. Not enough snow for snomobiles and as smooth as the ice is on my end of the lake it will blow clean pretty fast.

Alright well I'll plan on bringing a 3 wheeler. What kind of baits r u catching the walleyes and northerns on? Like some suckers or shiners and crappie minnows?

I have been having good luck with both the Lindy Rattle N' Flyer and Frostee spoon. Glow Red, Purple Smelt and of course classic gold. I have been using fatheads from the local baitshops and shiner heads/chunks on the flyer when I jig.

Getting better all the time. On the East/North side we have some awesome ice this year and it won't be long until we are driving. As for the rest of the lake I'm not sure and hearing mixed reports. Best to call the access or resorts directly for current ice info.

Every guy is different. I know Beacon Harbor, Hillmans and Bear Paw have houses out. I also think Cookie and Westwinds was on the move. Our houses are way to big and heavy and require a little more ice. By the 20th I'm sure most of the Eastern and North Fleets will be on the ice.

That is up to the road operaters. Give them a call directly as they are the ones to make that decision.

Roads:

Beacon Harbor

Hillmans

Westwinds

Red Lake Adventures

Morts

Rogers

JR's

Casselas

Is best ice still on the east and north ends? I am heading up thursday morning for the weekend and hoping to pull out a small ice castle with an atv.

I have only been around the NE part of the lake (Hillman's-Beacon's) but you would have no problems pulling a house around with a wheeler there.

Have people been doing good out there in the past couple nights? How is the night bite?

I was out tonight and did well. I was headed for a deeper spot way up the north shore but chickened out when I came across a double crack. I settled into a little cut in 7 feet of water and had a limit once the sun got low.

Hey JonnyP, heading up the 27th, do I need an extention crazy?

Could not resist.

See you soon!!

Been a good AM bite and again form 2 pm on into the night.

And Moose...bring and exstension, yo dont have to bend as far. wink