• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Vermilion Musky Fishing Reports

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Muskyhunter52

• urban cowboy

• delcecchi

• Esox_Magnum

• 2 weeks later...

Any recent Musky action. The fam and I will be coming up this Thursday night and as usual I will only get a few hours to fish. It's my daughters 4th birthday and the whole family on both sides will be there Saturday. So I might get out Friday morning or Sunday Morning before we head home. Last time I was up, a month ago, I saw fish back in the weeds and on the rocks. Any suggestions?

I wish I could provide a better report, but we were up on the east end this past weekend and only moved one fish over 3 days. Fished shallow weeds and rocks along with some deeper water and the only fished we raised was in about 8 feet of water on one of the rock piles right at dark.

Good luck.

We fished this weekend Friday through Monday and while the weather was beautiful, I think it slowed the fishing down a bit. Overall, we did fairly well, but had to work for them. Our group had the most success using jigs and minnows (rainbows and shiners) in 20-30ft of water. Some of our typical fall areas we like didnt have a fish to be caught, so we moved around and found some new locations working the big bay and East. A couple areas were "hot and fast" with action for short amounts of time around 4-6pm. Our group of 4 guys probably caught 60 walleyes in the 4 days there with a dozen or so 12inch perch. A few were too big and in the slot, but most of our throw backs were smaller. Ended up getting enough keepers for a good fish fry and a limit for each to bring home to prove to the wives we went fishing!

Now there's a muskie fishing report for ya! I wish we could have "hot and fast" action once in awhile.

I like that kind of report!

I'm heading up this weekend, just wondering if anyone has a recent report or could give up the water temp! Thanks folks!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• smurfy
      well.........i'll be back up june 10th to the 16th. the 10-11-12th i'll be there by myself!!!!!🤗   i'd even be OK with meeting at a neutral place and go to the lake blindfolded!!!!!!!! 😊🤣   leech...he is over there.........just forgets about us FM  rejects!!!!!!!🤪
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   Good fishing this week with nice numbers of walleyes and saugers.   A jig and frozen emerald shiner again this week is the go to presentation for walleyes.  Rainbows and fatheads are also working and it is nice to see what the fish want each day.   Various areas across the south shore are holding fish.  Most walleyes and saugers are being caught in 17 - 24' of water.  Anglers are anchoring up and vertical jigging. A quarter ounce jig in gold, glow white, pink, orange, chartreuse, or a combo of these colors tipped with a minnow worked well again.  Pound the bottom, jig it up in the strike zone, hold.  Trying shaking the jig and lifting it off of the bottom.  Any kind of weight will be a fish hanging.  Set the hook! A mixed bag while fishing walleyes include pike, jumbo perch and a few crappies.  On the Rainy River...  Some nice walleyes caught  this week on the river in 10 - 15' of water.  Typical spots such as holes, current breaks, weed edges and rocky areas all can hold fish.  There are 42 miles of navigable waters from the mouth of the river all the way to Birchdale.    Sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River is closed until the keep season starts up again July 1st.   The river holds good numbers of smallmouth bass for those interested in bronzebacks.  A lot of bass are caught by unsuspecting walleye anglers. Up at the NW Angle...  A great week of fishing.  As typical with guests staying at the Angle, some fish MN waters, some slide over into Ontario waters.  Both areas are producing.     Points, neck down areas and bays with warming water have been holding walleyes.  With warming waters, fish are in transition and there are lots of fish.   The goto presentation is a jig and minnow.  Gold, glow white, pink and orange are good colors.  
    • Kettle
      I don't fish any secret lakes. I research the lakes on the DNR website with good walleye numbers. I spent a lot of time learning side imaging. I'll scan for an hour or two if need be to find the fish. Nothing crazy for techniques. Either pitching a jig or back trolling with lindy rigs. If either of you two ever want to go let me know 
    • leech~~
      Smurfy, you know where that Kettle guy fishes?  Might have to sneak over there! 🤫
    • smurfy
      nice fish bud!!!!!!!!👍 i was up last week and we had over 2 inches of rain.........but really helped the lakes!!!!!!!!!!
    • Kettle
      So much rain these past few weeks. I only seem to get days off post cold front. Made the most of it recently. Water Temps still in the 50s. Not sure the crappies have even spawned, definitely not the bluegills. Walleye still really shallow   
    • Dash 1
      Took my dad out Sunday afternoon SW of St Cloud. Spot Locked in 8-9 ft on weed edge.  Caught several crappie and sunfish in just the one spot.  Also caught several 3 inch bass.  Pesky little things. Both crappie and sunfish  had eggs. I expected the crappie to be done, as I know sunfish need warmer water yet.  Temp on locator was 65. First fresh fish since last fall. Very tasty. 
    • MikeG3Boat
      Had 58 in big bay on Monday morning
    • PSU
      Where is the best place on the lake to buy rainbow minnows for good size and value? 
    • PSU

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.