• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fish Lake, Island Lake Boulder Lake Fishing Reports

I am heading up in the morning and will give an update on Boulder for tomorrow. Thanks for the info guys.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• reinhard1

• Jarrid Houston

• fishinfey8

Hey there everyone! I'm new on here and wanted to say hi. Northlander I think I met you during the fish lake contest the other weekend there drilling holes, I was with hunterlaker there.

Hello bulldog45,

We were sure to have meet as well my wife and I were on the drill team also. Glad to have you on board with HSO keep the posts coming. Tell Bob I said hello!!

Yeah we have spring break coming up here next week so I'll be out fishing all over the place. Perfect day for your lake today bobby!

I find myself reading these posts and have to ask the question "does anyone here have a real job"? Bulldog, We'll have to excuse you because you haven't yet been corrupted by the dark side(except for that weapons vs targets thing we talked about at the BigJig). The rest of you guys know what I'm talking about. All hail the Minnesota tax payer!

Yes I have a very real job thanks! I fish on my time off and get to play on the computer at times at work. Yes life is good.

Tim at Hi Banks called me to say he isn't recomending truck travel on fish lake at this time. There is a hole he marked out at turn island. If you do head out there be very careful.

Or....put your stuff away, get your boat out and work on it a little bit so you're not trying to do a gasket overhaul at one of the Island Lake ramps on the opener. grin

I was out there today and noticed the hole when we were coming off of the lake. Water was boiling up through it onto the ice. I backed up and let the last couple groups that were out know about it before I left. Thank god for 4 wheel drive. We just went off the road and around the area. It is sloppy out there though. We made sure to stop by and let Tim know about the hole when we got off the lake. Thanks for marking the hole Tim or whoever marked it.

It was a great day to be out on the lake though. I think my face is a little red from all the sun I got. Fishing was good but not great. I did land a bonus walleye on a wax worm though. It sure tasted good, haha kidding.

BD110 and myself took his wheeler all over the lake. Spent some time picking up all the slobs garbage. All you guys who had perms now is the time to go back and get all your cardboard and wood you left behind! crazy

Fishing was poor for crappies but we got tons of small perch, a few pike and a few walleyes. Everything released.

Ice wont last long. The top inch or so was getting beat up. Walking should still be good for a as long as the shoreline stays and wheelers maybe a few days.

I can see next year we will have to do a clean up to take care of what the slobs leave.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anybody out hunting for crappies on Fish? Spring break this week and looking to find some panfish from the boat...Will report back later in the week.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone been out on Island Lake yet this yr? I am wondering how low the water level is? It sure would be nice to have a "normal" water level year for the ALS tourney in early June. I will be out on Island chasing down some crappies next weekend, I'll let everyone know the conditions after.

Check out the Shoreland Traditions website that has been linked to on this website a number of times. You can get daily updates on the levels of all of the local reservoirs off that site.

It's down about 4' right now, but it's been rising the past few days after the rain. We're going to need a lot of rain to get Island to full pool by the ALS tourney. Doubt it will happen. My bet is Island will be 2-4 feet low all year and a lot of folks will lose lower units out there much like two summers ago.

• 3 weeks later...

Temp is around 53-58 dwpending where you are. This was last week

Is the boat landing on Boulder going to be a mad-house in the morning? We usually fish the river, but are going for a change of scenery.

See you on the water!

Pike fest out there today for us. Caught over a dozen pike drifting lindys and trolling. Could not get the walleye to go. Water is pretty low and travel is tricky. Did see a wolf chasing a deer around a bay and then the deer jumped in the lake no more than 10 feet away from another boat and swam across the bay. Pretty cool. Eat your heart out Marty Stouffer.

I would have to agree with TJO- fished "fish lake" all weekend and couldn't keep the northern off our lines! Caught a couple keeper eyes, but easily 30+ slimers. Just drifting with jigs tipped with shiners.

Just got off Birch by Ely. Much better walleye fishing. I think I'll be spending my opener there next year. Landed 7 eyes today, 2 jumbos, 1 nice crappie and 4 pike.

• 2 weeks later...

Hit island last night, couldn't get nothin 2 pop in typical walleye spots, maybe due to water being up? Dunno.... stumbled accross nice nontypical spot trying to duck out of wind. Got 1 or 2 each every pass we made thru there. Was the transition from 9 to 14 fow where we found em.... lotsa eyes n several pike...one yummy monster wink

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the Bass fishing on "Fish Lake". Are there good sections of the lake to try? What style fishing is it Slop/Finesse/Clear/Shallow/Deep/Ect... any help would be appreciated its a good 3 hour drive from me and I've never been there before.

Thanks

Not sure about Fish, but if you go on Island Lake (right next to Fish) there are some dandies out there. Not uncommon to catch a bunch of them fishing steep breaks once they come off there beds. There good size too, usually between 14-18in. Not a bass fisherman myself, I just get into them jigging for eyes.

We fished Island on Sunday afternoon and evening. The water is up about 2 to 3 feet. We fished only one spot off a main channel island that had a gradual drop to 30 fow. We fished up and down hill from 16 to 9 feet and found the walleyes as we moved from 11 to 9 fow. We caught lots of walleyes and kept limits of 13 to 16 inch fish. I even had an Island Lake trophy of 18 inches. Threw lots of walleyes back. 1/8 oz jigs tipped with medium minnows.

Note: If you are planning to launch at Abbot bring some knee boots because, with the high water, you have to back a long way into the water to get the trailer deep enough to launch or load. I had to back in past the rear wheels of my truck.

Hit island last night, wrecked bronzeback population wink..... nice ones, couldn't get walleyes or musky to go, but they are nice consolation.... shiners and 15ft of water

• 2 weeks later...