• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

ITS OFFICIAL= SEASON IS OVER

SledNeck

Cuddyer has 28 RBI and Young has 19 RBI.

Young is soft and a head case and has only played 50 games.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• PierBridge

• zamboni

• 10,000 Casts

Gardy and the entire Twins organization love Cuddy. I believe he'll be a Twin till he retires. With all the holes he's been able to fill over the years he's pretty valuable to the Twins. Besides his defense, right now he's one of just a couple real threats on offense. Be silly to let that go IMHO.

Cuddy does more stuff off the field than any other player on the team, and quite possibly more than anyone else involved with the organization. He doesn't want to leave MN, and I have some confidence that we'll be able to re-sign him without being too competitive with salary.

cuddy himself said the other day that he'd accpet a trade if it would help the twins organization.

You guys throw RBI totals around all the time. Is it ANYONES fault they come to the dish with noone on, or noone in scoring position? NO. Batting average is a million times more important. PERIOD.

You guys throw RBI totals around all the time. Is it ANYONES fault they come to the dish with noone on, or noone in scoring position? NO. Batting average is a million times more important. PERIOD.

Or at least look at batting average with runners in scoring position...

Or at least look at batting average with runners in scoring position...

Oh snap!

Yep, still Cuddys fault he comes up with noone on, just like 5 minutes ago. Led off the inning. At least he got a hit, Delmon came up, chewed on his tongue a few times and muscled one out to the OF grass. Good stuff. I don't know why he chewed his tongue, I guess he figures since it will be a couple hours til his next meal, he should chew on something

Our trade value would be Span with another player or two for another arm.If he can get healthy. We get a good righty in the bullpen we could be tough to stop after the all-star break if the hitting gets going. Need to work with our middle infield first that is killing us. Way too many errors have to be at the top of the league for that. SS and 2B combined. Two more errors last night which would of got Blacky out of the innings.

Another thing about Delmoneys sub par arm is on routine base hits to short left, he is sooooooo slow getting to the ball and sooooooo slow reaching down to pick it up that even if he had a good arm, the slow runner on second would still score 99% of the time.

Better keep Cuddy, who else can play all the positions when our guys go on the DL. 2 Years ago Delmon's mom passed away, these guys are actually human beings and I don't blame him for that season, last year he was rejuvenated, mentally he was there, this year he looks pretty average in all areas of his game and it wouldn't be much of a loss if he left. We play the royals a lot each year and at least we could count on Cuddy lighting them up, he likes Kauffman stadium if that's the Royals park. Garza,Bartlett,Balfour are declining a bit so not as big of deal and just hang on tight to the A.J Pierzinski trade where we got Nathan,Liriano, and BooooooooooooooooooF, 1 good deal 1 bad deal oh well.

Span is legit trade bait. Put in a couple AAA players and we can get that arm. Span is not a good CF should be a corner outfiedler. Young will not go unless something really goes bad. He is a power threat that we need from the right side. We have enough outfielders now one can go and Span would be the first.

Quote:
Span is legit trade bait.

Agreed but Span is a solid lead off guy tho. He works the count and gets on base. I see what your saying on the right handed batter.

Quote:
a CF prone to concussions is not good

a left fielder that is prone to the Buffet isn't good either.

Another thing about Delmoneys sub par arm is on routine base hits to short left, he is sooooooo slow getting to the ball and sooooooo slow reaching down to pick it up that even if he had a good arm, the slow runner on second would still score 99% of the time.

His outfield assist totals must be a fluke.

Insert dumb explanation here ........

Delmon will always be up in assist. He does have a good arm. Fielding is the concern.

Span gets on base but gets picked off. As a leadoff hitter he needs to be a threat to steal and he does not. He should averge 40 to 50 for a season with his speed and getting on base. Only 4 this season. I do not know why he has such a bad time with good jumps and getting picked.

This year he has 2, almost last in the league. Last year he had 12 and lead the league and the year before he had 4 and was at the bottom of the league. Dude, you are blind, just watch a few games instead of tracking stats on the computer and zinging your one liners at people..

This year he has 2, almost last in the league. Last year he had 12 and lead the league and the year before he had 4 and was at the bottom of the league. Dude, you are blind, just watch a few games instead of tracking stats on the computer and zinging your one liners at people..

How does someone with a bad outfield arm lead the league. I watch every game I can when my kid doesn't have a game and when I'm not busy catching fish all day. Otherwise I listen to them on my MLB atbat app. Also I track all stats every day on it so I can always be prepared in a debate. In addition to that, I can also correct the drunk horizon in your avatar picture for you, if you want.:-)

His arm is mediocre at best, thats as far as I will go.

Quote:
I can also correct the drunk horizon in your avatar picture for you, if you want.:-)

you lost me there, is it because it is slanted? It was late Oct, 3 foot rollers, 35 degrees, 20mph wind and raining.. The boat is on top of a wave and holding up a 48lb fish in those conditions and getting a straight picture is tough.. I wish we were drunk.

How does someone with a bad outfield arm lead the league.

i'm not saying delmon has a bad arm. i actually think his arm is very good. but outfield assists can be a misleading stat when it comes to arm strength.

the best arms in the majors will have less chances for assists because guys won't run on them as much. likewise, the guys with weaker arms will get more chances because they get run on more.

i'm not saying delmon has a bad arm. i actually think his arm is very good. but outfield assists can be a misleading stat when it comes to arm strength.

the best arms in the majors will have less chances for assists because guys won't run on them as much. likewise, the guys with weaker arms will get more chances because they get run on more.

so it wont be long before Revere leads the league in assists?

Quote:
In fact, UZR notes that the biggest hindrance to his fielding ability, his range, has gone from 18.4 runs below average in 2008 to only 2.9 runs below average this season (projected 4.7 by season's end). UZR probably isn't fair to Delmon's arm however, as scouting reports have his arm strength and accuracy rated as plus plus, meaning runners don't go on Delmon unless they're sure that they'll make it.

His arm is mediocre at best, thats as far as I will go.

you lost me there, is it because it is slanted? It was late Oct, 3 foot rollers, 35 degrees, 20mph wind and raining.. The boat is on top of a wave and holding up a 48lb fish in those conditions and getting a straight picture is tough.. I wish we were drunk.

photoshop+cs5+for+dummies.jpg

While we are on the topic of arms, you think Nishioka would be better at 2nd?

I think Nishioka would be better on the bench