• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Penn State courting Sandelin

brmuskie

They do suck, but that doesn't mean they won't dominate the big ten. I'm sure that is something WCHA fans can admit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• solbes

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no contract extension for Sandy, who has 1 year left on his contract. Talks are still progressing, albeit slowly. Rumor is he hasn't been offered the type of money given to Blashill at Western Michigan. Could remain pretty sticky.

Still no contract extension for Sandy, who has 1 year left on his contract. Talks are still progressing, albeit slowly. Rumor is he hasn't been offered the type of money given to Blashill at Western Michigan. Could remain pretty sticky.

That's surprising. Maybe they have Maturi secretly negotiating his contract? smile

My inside sources wink say its going to happen and he will be made happy. UMD knows what they have in their coach and want to keep him there for a while. Lets hope all the new "big time" recruits they have coming in can help right away.

GO DOGS!

When am I gonna be taken seriously on this forum? I always end up on the but end of the jokes.

Wisconsin will dominate the big ten hockey conference.

Yup, they will.

The fact that I answered you indicates I at least take you seriously on this forum. Course, I don't bleed black like some of the pucksters who pretend they know everying about the sport here. gringringrin

My inside sources wink say its going to happen and he will be made happy. UMD knows what they have in their coach and want to keep him there for a while. Lets hope all the new "big time" recruits they have coming in can help right away.

GO DOGS!

Hope you're right. I understand the funds may be tight, but let's not lowball the guy after such a finish.

Seems like we have some good recruits this year, but maybe not stars. McNeely, Herbert, and Casto could be something in a year or two. I doubt we have any JT Brown's or Jack Connolly's here, but you never know? Here's the incoming freshies:

Matt McNeely, G USA U18 Program, 25 GP, 9-12, 3.82, .893

Chris Casto,D Lincoln (Neb.), 58 GP, 6-19-25

Derik Johnson, D Penticton, British Columbia, 57 GP, 2-7-9

Tim Smith, D Indiana, 60 GP, 5-16-21

Caleb Herbert, F Sioux City (Iowa), 51 GP, 23-27-50

Justin Crandall, F Omaha, 57 GP, 7-16-23

+ one other Forward still to be named (Decowski???)

The following year should be very solid with Adam Johnson from Hibbing and Tony Cameranesi from Wayzata to hopefully anchor the team for the next 3 or 4.

I would guess Krause will come next year with a little more experience. I forgot to mention Andy Welinski hopefully being a big splash in '12/13 as well.

Word is Duluth may be in the running for Zach Hyman (CJHL player of the year) now after Gadowsky left Princeton. He's shopping new colleges. Other front runners are bigger programs: Michigan, BC, and BU. PLEASE make it so. Not gonna get too excited yet, but we could be stacked again in a few.

Looks like Bob finally got the deal done. Similar money to Blashill's base plus advertising. Also similar to the new Wolverine Mich Tech guy. Accoring to Kevin Pates at Rink and Run:

"Minnesota Duluth men’s hockey coach Scott Sandelin signed a five-year contract extension Tuesday through the 2016-17 season. He had one year remaining on his current contract.

Sandelin, 46, will earn a base salary of $235,000, an upgrade of $65,000 after having a base salary of $170,000 in 2010-11. In 11 years with the Bulldogs he is 192-200-46, including 71-40-15 the last three years. UMD has qualified for the NCAA tournament three times in the last eight years with Frozen Four appearances in 2004 and 2011.

“We’ve had a lot of good moments in my 11 years, and the last three years have moved us even further ahead,” said Sandelin. “Now the challenge is to keep moving ahead. It’s not always easy to keep winning, especially when you lose players early, but that’s our challenge.”

UMD finished fourth in the Western Collegiate Hockey Association in the 2010-11 regular season and won the NCAA East Regional and Division I titles, culminating with a 3-2 overtime win against Michigan in the title game April 9 in St. Paul. Sandelin, a Hibbing native, was voted runner up in Division I coach of the year balloting.

“Scott has done a great job in leading this program and we’ve said all along that we’ve wanted him to stay in that position for a long time,” UMD athletic director Bob Nielson said Tuesday.

Contracts for assistant coaches Brett Larson, in his third season, and Derek Plante, in his first, are on a one-year renewable basis and are being reviewed, said Nielson. He expects contracts for Larson and Plante to be signed within the next 30 days.

Larson interviewed last week for the head job with Sioux City (Iowa) in the U.S. Hockey League."

Glad you have a coach. Good for umd. he does have a terrible record, but hy they are in wcha. I'm sure it would be better in another league. Hopefully he can keep building off the recent sucess. I wonder what he wuld have gotten if they wouldn't have won this year. Would they have brought him back. I don't get to watch many of the umd games, so I don't get to see how they are felling about him up there. What's gonna happen without 2 of the top 3 forwards. Hopefully they can reload and stay near the top.

Still no lucia extension.

Getting to the NCAA's for the 3rd time probably would have earned him another contract extension even if they lost in the 1st rd, not sure if he would have gotten much of a raise though. I think the feeling up there is pretty good right now, this took way too long IMO.

Who knows how next year will go for Duluth. They lost the best of the 3 in Mike Connolly. I'd actually put Jack 2nd out of the three. Fontaine was quite the sniper and will be missed. JT will return and move up to 1st line. He was downright beastly in the NCAA's. First line should return strong. Oleksuk will still center the 2nd line. I expect much bigger things out of Basaraba (19 now, true freshman last year). He should be competing for 1st line, but may end up 2nd. Couple of other guys will have to step up. I'd say they have a 50/50 shot of making the NCAA's. I was so pumped to see Duluth being in the running for Zach Hyman, but he seems to be leaning towards BU or BC now.

Lucia's contract extension...How long will this whole saga go on?

It never ends. I wish we could get an update. None of the assistants have been resigned yet either. Id love for all of them to be canned, doubt it tho. I think a lot of it has to do with getting a new president and the hopefull firing of maturi

Congrats dogs fans, nice to have your NCAA winning coach signed.

Lucia's Contract on the other hand crazy