• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

college roster - additions

scsavre

Quote:
The Sioux always start slow

And finish with a boom or thud!.... whistle

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• Bear55

• solbes

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow . . . this from a fan of a team that doesn't even know how to get to St. Paul? sickeek

Isn't taking joy in the misery of your rival what sports are all about?

Considering the Gophers suck and the Sioux went down in flames after losing another big game under Hakstol that should mean both fan bases are happy right now. Ya for us! grin

Im excited to see how these guys will turn out. I high on Rau and Ambroz.

I like the big men too.

Rau could be a four year player for UMtc because of his size. However, it is the Gophers, so he'll be gone after a year of non-development smile Amborz will be a good two year player.

I'm excited about Grimaldi and Miller for the Sioux. And it will be interesting to see Mattson at BSU. We take all the Sioux, Gopher and Sconny rejects!

• 2 weeks later...

The 3 Reilly brothers (Gopher Recruits) all signed with the BCHL for the next season. Kind of a surprise but I guess they all wanted to play with each other this season.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/122670604.html

For those that don't know the BCHL is similar to the USHL and not Canadian Major Jr's so they will keep their NCAA Eligibility.

I'd say two of the 3 are quality recruits, one is along for the ride. I don't think the twins are costing us a lot of scholarship $$$. Connor put up 39 points in his rookie USHL season so that is not too bad, and another 8 points in 10 playoffs games so another good sign. With another year of JR experience under his belt he will be ready for the WCHA. You can see Lucia picking up a few more of these small 4 year players. At the very least they will add age, experience, and depth to our roster - on the high end we might find the next Marty Sertich.

Cedar Rapids defenseman Nolan Zajac(UND alum Travis Zajac younger brother) has commited to Denver

Duluth was slated to get Matt McNeely in goal next year. He played on the U18 national development team this year with decent success. Instead of coming to Duluth as a Freshman in '11/12, he will spend one year in the USHL playing for Cedar Rapids.

I kind of like this move, as we will retain Reiter for one more year and Crandall is more of a #2 guy than #3. This way McNeely can come in as a starter in '12/13 with more experience and Crandall can still get some backup minutes. I am semi surpised McNeely went with this strategy, but I do like it.

Now we need to solidify that last F opening. Would love to get a top 6 forward type guy, we have a Wing gap on line 2.

Our need is for next season at winger. I would bet Gardiner gets a look, but we have a few other quality guys coming in a year later when Max would be ready to return to college.

JCon, Brown, and Oleksuk are returning. That leaves 3 holes to fill at winger. Seidel, Basaraba, and Grun are likely competing for those 3 holes, but I think we need a little more competition there. Krause and Decowski are just not instant L2 material. Both would benefit from 1 more year in USHL.

I was half kidding around, I am sure you guys will fine someone. Recruits flock toward winning teams.

Gardiner will be in-eligable next year in the NCAA, unless he returns to da U.