• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

college roster - additions

scsavre

That guy is a beast and he's only a sophmore. I'm gonna have to google this kid.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• scsavre

• cbrooks

• Bear55

• solbes

Top Posters In This Topic

Too bad he didnt switch to BSU too.

I might have to call BSU the Sioux of the East, und east, grand forks east to the east.

They are both green and full of Canadians. Didnt I see that the beavs recruits were all canadians? I dont feel like looking it up

]Too bad he didnt switch to BSU too.

I might have to call BSU the Sioux of the East, und east, grand forks east to the east.

They are both green and full of Canadians. Didnt I see that the beavs recruits were all canadians? I dont feel like looking it up

Yep, you're 100% percent correct . . . BSU has recruited all 26 year old Canadians, just like UND does. BSU's offers to each them includes: 10 kilos of back bacon, unlimited 2-4's of Canadian, unlimited cartons of Players and Blue Bomber season tickets, eh? grin

Oh man can I get in on that bacon deal, eh? I can't play hockey very well but I can speak Canadian like J.Lemaire does.

I love seeing Minnesota players on Duluth's squad, especially those that are from the Twin Ports or the Iron Range. This years team had quite a few. But we'd be nothing without our Canadian players. Just our link to Camrose alone up nort has produced Macgregor Sharp, Mason Raymond, and Mike Connolly. Can't wait to see who's the next Mike Connolly.

Didn't Herb brooks say something along the lines of "it doesn't matter what name is on the back but what the name on the front says", From the movie "Mircle on Ice ". He was trying to bring the Boston/east coast players and the Minnesota/west coast players together. i like to think the same for the Fighting Sioux or even BSU. Who cares where there from.

I could go for that bacon too, maybe they could sweeten it up with some labatt and kokanie too, the still selling that stuff at the Ralph?

Past defensive players of the year in the USHL. SOme decent players but not all have lived up to it.

2009-10 David Makowski Green Bay Gamblers

2008-09 John Moore Chicago Steel

2007-08 Blake Kessel Waterloo

2006-07 Jeff Petry Des Moines

2005-06 Nick Schaus Omaha

2004-05 Brett Motherwell Omaha

2003-04 Mike Hodgson Sioux City

2002-03 Matt Carle River City

2001-02 Brett Skinner Des Moines

2000-01 Jamie Mattie Sioux Falls

1999-00 Jeff Finger Green Bay

1998-99 Tom Preissing Green Bay

1997-98 Jason Basile Des Moines

1996-97 Doug Schmidt Waterloo

1995-96 Josh DeWolf St. Paul

Dan Peters Oma

]-1

I could go for that bacon too, maybe they could sweeten it up with some labatt and kokanie too, the still selling that stuff at the Ralph?

Kokanie is over-rated IMHO. My absolute favorite brew, though is domestic Blue Light . . with some some Hostess salt & vinager chips, eh?

Overated, but under priced. We used to drive up and get that stuff for like $8. Hostess huh......salt and vinager...nah the hostess I am thinking of is 5'9 120lbs and has a refill beer waiting for me by the time I am on my last sip of my current beer.

Hostess in CA = Old Dutch in MN. Not too many 5'9" hostesses on the border under 200 lbs . . . laugh

I suppose up in grandforks we can shrink her down to 5'6 and then add 60lbs. I suppose I would also have to walk up to the bar and get my own beer too, as I am sure I am quicker then her. I at least hope my beer doesnt exceed $2 per. that sounds more realistic.

And dont worry I am not wearing my maroon and gold - although I am sure they can still sell it on me.

Gimme a Sleeman's Honey Brown or even a Moosehead and I'll be happy, eh.

Thanks for the USHL link. Cross-referenced the incoming UMD recruits from USHL:

Forwards:

Caleb Herbert, 17th scoring, 23 goals/27 assists, -8

Cal Decowski, 90th, 8/17, -13

Adam Krause*, 104th, 12/11, -5

Justin Crandall, 104, 7/16, +8

Dmen:

Chris Casto, 14th scoring, 6 goals/19 assists, +15

Willie Corrin*, 62nd, 1/9, +6

These guys may come in '12.

Some people are saying this kid could steal rookie of the year in the WCHA next year. UNO recruit Jayson Megna

http://www.ridertownusa.com/team/players/ushl/view.php?player=44

Wisconsin has a commitment from Tornto native Gabe Grunwald for 2013-2014. He's 6'3" 185 lbs and comes from a basketball family. Dad won a NCAA title with Indiana in 1981 and is currently the vice president of the Knicks.

UNO has a player out of Brainerd (Archibald) who is pretty good too. He probably flys under the radar as recruits go but I think he will be a heck of a player in a couple of years.

I could see him being rather connely like. The kids got some skill. Blais stole him from und. Didn't his dad play at und.

]I could see him being rather connely like. The kids got some skill. Blais stole him from und. Didn't his dad play at und.

Yes, he did. It's my understanding that he has the same attitude as his dad, too. He'll be an interesting one to watch.

I haven't been paying much attention to the USHL playoffs but it sure is nice to see a bunch of future gophers doing well.

Rank-Games-G-A-Pts

1 Rau 6-6-4-10

4 Isackson 6-3-5-7

7 Reilly 6-4-2-6

7 Warning 4-3-3-6

I wonder if Kyle Rau will come in for the Gophers next year? I'm thinking his size will hold him back for next year IMO.

Kyle Rau is already signed and coming in next year. I think he is right on the edge of college being better for him then the USHL next year. That is very impressive that he can put up those numbers even though he played high school.

Looks stats look promising. I always like that players get up for the playoffs. Hopefully Lucia can motivate them.

Here's a name to remember that will be playing for UNO. (USHL)Brain Cooper a offensive defensemen so they say. Have to see if he's as good as I'm hearing.

http://www.ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=3797

Mavericks new addition

http://mankatofreepresshockey.blogspot.com/2011/04/ssm-forward-commits-murdock-chooses.html

I am going to go ahead and say Rau is plenty ready for the college game, he is small there will be a learning curve but I see all wcha rookie team for him. Not even Lucia can screw this kid up.

All USHL 1st and second team

http://ushl.com/news/story.cfm?id=4009

Interesting back story on Brady Hjelle. He played on Duluth's team in '09-10 and ended up splitting time with Kenny Reiter. Apparently that wasn't cool with him, so he went back to the USHL and had a great year. Now I see Rohlik from Ohio State musta recruited him to play at Ohio State next year. Not the first recruit that Steve has diverted to the Buckeyes. Heckuva recruiter and will be a good head coach some day.

I'm assuming he will have 3 years of eligibility left? That also puts him as an opponent netminder for the Gophers for his last year of eligibility in '13-14.

Wonder if Brady wishes he would have stayed now? Wonder if things would have worked out the same or different for Duluth had he stayed?

Jordan Schmaltz is getting alot of pressure from the Canadian jrs. He won't be coming this year as it sounds. I think he's only a jr or soph in high school but yeah... he sounds like the next real deal. Have to wait and see.

I'm trying to find a recruit list for the rest of the WCHA. I know Denver has one player Scott mayfeild. He might go top ten in the draft this year.

Here's UND's incoming class evaluation by GF Herald sportwriter Brad Schlossman

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=87872

Don't tell me your a BC fan now. UND plays Boston College opening weekend next year. I'm feeling redemption for our bet grin

No no, they were just at the top of the list. However I might take some of that BC/UND action next season. The Sioux always start slow.