• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Ten hockey 2013-14

cbrooks

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• solbes

• Bear55

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the Sioux, I don't have any evidence yet but because of their hostile and abusive nature they have to have a hand in this.

I agree, the Sioux are part of the problem. And don't forget Union's role in all of this. Are they not included in the same abusive mascots category? Dutchmen? Are the fine people of Holland and women everywhere going to stand for this? Go Bulldogs! (oops wrong thread)

I blame the sioux too. Stinking sioux.

Just shows the big 10 cares nothing about hockey. Who cares if ill,iowa and nebraska start college hockey if we loose the former powers houses northern, lake and well not a pwer but w mich

• 1 month later...

That was pretty funny. It is fishing season, officially. Can't wait to chase bass and muskies very soon. My brother managed 30 walleyes on Saturday. Two of them were 29inchers ten minutes apart. All while I was stuck in town babysitting. Nothing like having your bro fish your spot while you can't go.

"...and Munn looks like Hitler's bunker..."

This is the funniest thing I've heard in a while. I love these extra normal videos, they crack me up every time!

I am walleye-less and it's embarassing. Weather up north is not looking real promising for this weekend (see how I'm lining up my excuses?) Two 29 inchers would get me pumped for sure.

Maybe we should craft some of our own extra normal videos next hockey season. Some really good ones in there, not so approrpriate for this site tho.

I've nver caught a 29incher in my life. Much less 2. I'm not hitting the water until mem wekend. Hopefully weather will cooperate.

I've never seen those videos before. Funny stuff

• 1 month later...

Don't Count on 'Super Six'

by Dan Myers/CHN Staff

With the creation of a Big Ten Hockey Conference now certain, the rumor mill on the future of the college hockey landscape has already begun churning.

One of the hottest internet rumors surrounded the creation of a "Super Six" conference, with Notre Dame and Miami leaving the CCHA to join forces with North Dakota, Denver, Colorado College and Nebraska-Omaha of the WCHA.

On Wednesday, a source described those discussions as merely preliminary, saying it was just one of many discussions surrounding the future landscape. "The Super Six," he said, "is just one idea. It's no more imminent than the WCHA sticking with 10 teams."

Thursday, Nebraska-Omaha Athletic Director Trev Alberts echoed those sentiments, calling creation of the Super Six "extremely premature."

"It's a lot more rumor than substantive at this point," Alberts said.

In the eyes of coaches and athletic directors at those six schools, both Alberts and the source said they're simply exploring their options.

"We rely on those gates," the source said of the leaving Big 10 schools. "This doesn't mean the Super Six is going to happen. We just need to do our due diligence to make sure we're doing what's best for our programs."

Alberts agreed, adding his main interest at UNO was to keep his school packaged with North Dakota, Colorado College and Denver.

"If everyone around you is exploring their options and you're not, you're not doing your job," he said.

Alberts compared the current shuffling of programs and conferences to when the University of Nebraska left the Big 12 for the Big Ten earlier this year.

"There was a lot of rumors about who was going to go where," Alberts said. "For all the talk, not much happened."

Neither Alberts or the source indicated anything was imminent in these discussions. Both said it was simply the schools making sure all avenues were explored as the next chapter of college hockey begins.

"If I were a betting man, I'd bet against the Super Six right now," the source said.

Maybe the conversation should be which hockey program will fold in the next few years.

It's just so %$#! depressing to see this happen. I will be super PO'd if we sacrifice 3 or 4 hockey programs just so Penn State can join D1 hockey and a few programs make some additional TV revenue. Lake Superior State, Northern Michigan, and MTU all would be at risk I would think. 7 past NCAA titles just between those 3 teams. I would be very surprised if Penn State wins any titles in the next 10 years.

I'm thinking Michigan Tech will survive but Alabama Huntsville will be a loss even though they aren't in a conference. I hope no teams fold but we just have to see how it goes.