• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2011 Get to Gator Lake UPDATED 10/31/2011....Please Read

Gordie

its going to be a fun time. hope he is able to come with us this year unlike last year.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gordie

• bassNspear

• MJ1657

• Archerysniper

CB are you sure your bro is telling you everything grin

I'll sending out more details in the months ahead and we are gonna start a anual spearing GTG at Dixon Lake resort up by Winni hope you can make it this year havent seen you in a while and I need some competition and we all know your bro cant do that Except for texas holdem laugh did he show you the decoy he won last year

I know all the details... COMPETITION is my middle name!!!!

It appears were not going to have spring or summer this year so it might as well freeze up so we can hurry up and have the GTG!

Yeah I just pulled the buddy heater and put it in the turkey blind tonight for the morning 30* with gusty winds and snow flurries sounds more like early ice then turkey hunting.

now if you could get those turkeys to swim under the ice grin

Archerysniper the turkey charmer might be able to get them to do that! laugh

Now that I think about it thats probably why he has a spear with such long tines on it. grin

I wonder if the over counter tag would cover spearing turkeys HMMMM. That would be fun trying to hold the spear with a 20# bird trying to fly away

About like trying to hold it when you had that monster carp on it I bet! grin

• 1 month later...

Well time to step up and make a comitment for the dates of Dec.16th 17th and 18th

I would like to get a deposit to Dixon lake resort by mid July.

We are going to reserve cabin 6 first and if we need more room we can get another cabin.

When I last talked with Dixon lake resort it was going to be $35.00 a night.

I have emailed them to make sure that is still the price and what we need for a depoit to hold the cabin. Remember kids under 15 stay free this year.

As soon as hear back I will post what is needed and we can start the ball rolling or saw cutting how ever you want to look at it.

I know summer just started but bring on the ice laugh

Thanks

Gordie Mach AKA Elwood

I'll be there staying with MJ and the Dealers, we already reserved a cabin so see everyone there.

Gordie,

Plan on me coming forsure. If you need me to send money shoot me a text. Im so dang busy i dont know what day it is, let alone anything else.

If your in cloud, swing into the store and i can cut you check or cash.

BNS

I emailed dixion resort and I know this is there busy time but I havent got a response back yet if I do not get a respose before the 6th of July I will call them and talk to them. I think we need to come up with about $350.00 for a deposit.

BNS I get a hold of you later

HAVE A GREAT 4TH WEEKEND

• 2 weeks later...

sorry guys been very busy but I have sent a couple of emails to them just have not heard anything back from them guess its time to call them

Well this morning I got a reply from Dixon Resort so I will copy paste there reply:

So lets think about ice season as the temps go up as it may make it easier to cope with grin

So who's going??? I'm in are you?

Hi back.

Hope the summer is going good for you. Hard to think of ice fishing when

we have been having these hi temps. Just a reminder that we will be out on

the ice in a few months and yet another year will be coming to an end.

We are having a good summer, not as busy as we would like. But we have to

be happy with the way the acconamy is right now.

Okay. The cabin I have you down for is #6 the wild life refuge. this one

has 10 beds, two of those are queens. So with couples there is 12 people.

Then there is two rollaways and two double fotons. It is rated for 8 so

there are extra people charges for over 8 which is $25 a night. The cabin

runs $300 a night for 8. When you add people you also get to devid by

more.

Okay thats all I know. I already have the cabin booked for you for Dec.

16th and 17th..

Thanks. Dixon Lake Resort.

Bring on the ice.

If anyone knows of someone that has attended a get together or that would like to attend get ahold of them and let them know what the deal is.

This will be a great time!

Yep I'm sick of this soft water and heat, come on ice.

Well looks like I have the green light from the wife to go, so I'm already getting excited to get back on the ice. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Elwood, I sent you a PM with a couple questions.

Bowhunt

This make 3 people that have commited to it COME ON GUYS I need 8 more to fill the cabin

Who's next

THINK ICE and this heat wont be so bad

remember Know before you throw

Sounds fun.

I'd commit, but I'm not sure of my pheasant hunting plans yet. I usually make a trip to Iowa in December. When do you need to know by?

hueyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

i hope you can make it bud, its a blast.

im pumped, i cant wait, i have it in the calendar

yea Huey

you can be there when I call BNS that I just stuck another one laugh

Hope you can make it let me know as soon as you can

nothing worse then getting that phone call. Guy just wont let me get ahead. Everytime i get one, he gets another.

This year is going to be a different story

nothing worse then getting that phone call. Guy just wont let me get ahead. Everytime i get one, he gets another.

This year is going to be a different story

Gonna use a HB spinner are ya laugh

I think i will be stting up some sort of paypal account for payment for the cabin but havent heard from enough folks yet

I hope I can make it. Sounds fun.

Are you sure the HB spinner can handle a Bear Creek?

Are you sure the HB spinner can handle a Bear Creek?

Huey its can a bear Creek handle a HB spinner laugh

Huey its can a bear Creek handle a HB spinner laugh

I don't think either one can help the other.

It's like arguing which ones faster a Yugo or Ford Fiesta grin

• 2 weeks later...