• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years QB?

Scott K

I think the 3 qbs mentioned (Young, Russel, T Jack) were/are all losers. NO reason to believe they could do anything, even IF they had all the normal practices. The teams with lots of talent, set rosters,and coaching systems are going to LIKE it when nobody else can get their system together. Then at the last minute they'll probably have a change of heart and settle. If that happens, I don't see a free agency even happening this year. I think Webb and Bomar are going to have to mature quickly. At least they have a few games/ practices under their belt.

We need to BEEF UP OUR DEFENSE, so the other teams can't score. I'm not even sure draftees can be signed until a cba in reached ,can they?

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soldoncass

• zepman

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

You are right they can not be signed. If drafted they could run off and play for the UFL.

Young, Russel, t-jack?????? Might be better off signing Palmer or Mcnabb.

You are right they can not be signed. If drafted they could run off and play for the UFL.

Young, Russel, t-jack?????? Might be better off signing Palmer or Mcnabb.

But what would we have to give up to get Palmer? I dont theink he is available, I believe he will be riding the bench this season, because they said they will not trade him. McNabb, I think he will be cut, and free to sign with who he pleases, but again, do we want to get into grampa league again? If thats the case, play Webb, or Bomar. Let the youngens battle it out, and get some experience.

Palmer is not going to ride the bench, if they won't trade him he is going to retire

I read somewhere that Jeff George is available and willing to give it another go.

Ha! Warren Moon is ready, too...

"Let the younguns battle it out"

That is my vote....Webb and Bomar battle it out for starts. Either one has more experience than any rookie they could draft...and probably as much talent also. Assuming a cba finally gets signed....the rookie/s (we'll draft at least one)can get a year of pro speed exposure, before joining the competition. This year could be a bust.....or the young guys talent could show through, and we'll know WHAT we have. The old Chilli guys need to step up also.....or say "good bye". ( thinking Mckinny,safety spot,Berian, etc) I personally don't think some of them have what it takes, but we'll see.

Frazier has said repeatedly that ideally, he'd like to bring in 2 more qb's to the picture. One they draft and the other an experienced guy.

I can also see them bringing in Weber as an UDFA if he is not drafted.

Lot's of questions left to be answered...and one thing is clear, the Vikings organization doesn't feel like either Webb or Bohmar are ready to be starting q-backs next year.

Frazier has waited a LONG time for his shot at being a head coach...he'll try and do everything possible to get the q-back he wants. It'll sure be interesting to see how this plays out over the next month....

Young, Russel,Junkson? Is this the morning funnies?

They arent my ideal QB's, but they are the realistic ones! What is your propasal, and what do you think we are going to have to give up to get him?

Weber...I'm afraid they may go UDFA on him also. I hope they pick Devlin or McElroy in a late round instead. They both seem better to me than Weber.

I understand how the coaches don't think Webb and Bomar aren't ready to start...at this moment. I feel the same about every one of the draft eligible guys, right now. IF the cba is settled...and we can get an experienced QB from someone somehow.....how much will it COST US? how long will it set our young guys back if they don't play? talented young guys get better by PLAYING, NOT by sitting.On the other hand, say we trade for a 3-4 year guy.....it will cost us too many players, and our young Qbs will never get a chance to prove they can be good. Think of all the #2 QBs that never had a chance....til #1 was injured, then #1 couldn't get his job back, because #2 showed he was good. That is what I am shooting for.....I think Webb and Bomar need playing time, and we can't afford to give up anything to get an experienced "also-ran". Draft play-makers on Defense, and improve a few O spots, and lets goooooooooooooooo.

I, however, am NOT getting paid to decide these things. grin

I'm going to predict the Vikes try and get Kolb at all costs. I could then see them going after a guy like Dalton in the 2nd or McElroy in the 4th.

The writing is on the wall in this division...we need a good young q-back or it may be a very long decade of being a Vikings fan.

I HOPE you are wrong, but......to me that would guarantee a "very long decade of being a Vikings fan".

They have a lot of decisions to make in the month. I think I'm GLAD I'm NOT getting paid to make those decisions..... Baseball players are considered successful if they hit .300, I wonder how success is rated for the NFL draft?

I'm going to predict the Vikes try and get Kolb at all costs. I could then see them going after a guy like Dalton in the 2nd or McElroy in the 4th.

The writing is on the wall in this division...we need a good young q-back or it may be a very long decade of being a Vikings fan.

If the Vikings go after Kolb, we will be giving up a 1st, and more then likely a 4th. So that will leave us with a second, a fifth, and a couple 6ths and 7ths. Doesnt sound so good to me. The Vikings have many holes to fill, throwing multiple picks at someone this year wont help the team.

Kolb isn't worth what you are saying...the Eagles will never get that for him.

We would be fools to give up that much for someone as unproven as him.

When I was in school taking a test, there would be a question with "always" or "never" in it.....the answer was FALSE, because of "always" and "never" If someone is desperate enough..... Remember the Hershal Walker debacle?????? He wasn't WORTH IT either, but............ mad When I even think about the Eagles having him on the block, it tells me they think their #3 Qb is as good as Kolb.(potentially) Offer them a #5 pick and we'll trade #1's with them for him.....(the scam offers can go both ways).

We have too many needs to move up.....draft bpa, immediate impact guy, for 1st and second round. If their Qb is there they take him, otherwise OL,OLB,DT,S bpa.

I would assume any trades would involve 2012 picks, so I retract my last post. Although, the Eagles are still going to ask way to much for him, and they wouldnt have any need to trade him after the draft, until after next season. They wouldnt receive any more compensation for him. So unless they are wowed by the offer, I dont see him going anywhere.

Kolb is going somewhere this year, that is almost impossible to argue. His value is as high is it will ever be, and Philly is just positioning right now with their "he is so good" and "we won't give him up easily" comments that are slid in here and there to generate interest and raise the price tag. He is worth too much to hold onto for Philly, but unfortunately, whoever gets him will have given up WAY too much on who I feel is an unproven QB. With the uncertainty of a new CBA and how/if/when free agents will be available, draft picks are gold right now, and Philly stands to move up or take extra picks by moving Kolb.

They arent my ideal QB's, but they are the realistic ones! What is your propasal, and what do you think we are going to have to give up to get him?

I couldn't care less who we bring in as long as it isn't a proven loser. Bringing failures and headcases in from other teams don't help your team at all. Better off just seeing what the players we have can do besides getting one of them crappers.

So, your saying go with who we have? Since you couldnt give a realistic name in who is an actual possibility for us. I have no problem with going with who we have. My added Qb's were a list of a few I think we could get on the cheap, that wouldnt cost the team any draft picks, or a minimal one if it did. I also wasnt giving those QB's the starting job, just some one to compete with the youngsters we already have. Let the best player start, the others would either ride the bench, or get cut.

The lack of free-agency and trades before the draft is what makes this years draft all the more interesting.

I can see most teams sticking to a BPA mentality throughout the whole draft.

I agree..bpa. I don't think they will be likely to trade 2012 draft spots either...too many uncertainties about that draft even happening. I know I wouldn't accept that on any trade.

Not until the CBA is settled, in which more then likely wouldnt be until after this years draft.

I am tossed with this years draft. I just dont see a QB that will still be on the board for us, be worthy of the #12 pick. I dont think we should just take the best QB left on the board, when there could be a great OL, DL, CB, WR, LB, that could be an allstar. Or, try to drop into the upper 20's pick, and try to get a 3rd round pick back. Then draft the best available QB.

I don't know what type of QB Musgrave likes.....I look for them to identify the ones that fit his mold, and take him at the first chance they have. I'm not a fan of trading down....seems like we would miss out on a blue-chipper, just to get a third round guy. Seems counter productive to me. To me the top two guys are Locker and Mallet, maybe Ponder.....then round two guys, Dalton, Stanzi.There could be a lot of shuffling of draft picks for those second tier QBs, because of all the teams that want one.

Players CANT be traded. So draft picks can ONLY be traded for other draft picks.

My mistake. I keep forgetting that. In that case, I believe they will hold onto Kolb only until the CBA is in place, but I think he moves quickly once that happens (definitely before the season starts, whenever that is), and he goes for 2012 draft picks (my main point is that he will fetch more than he deserves for what he has shown thus far).

Lockers stock is rising mightily. The word is now he also may be a top 10 pick, and almost certainly top 15. He is right in the Viking range, and is certainly not a stretch to take.