• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Next years QB?

Scott K

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• soldoncass

• zepman

• Scott K

• FISHINGURU

Move up? What do you think we have to offer to move up? We need every pick we can get to fill the holes in our team.

Now Rice even said he wants to test the free agent market, after the Vikes gave him an offer. So, now that may leave another huge hole in out team, that we werent even expecting.

Let Rice go if he's gonna be a baby, who waits until the season is about to start then decides to get surgery when its a season we are aiming for the superbowl.

He's decent and young but if he thinks he's getting top pay in the league he's high.

Rice may get a huge contract, but it wont be with much guaranteed money. Not until he can prove he can be healthy for a season. His best bet would be to sign a one year contract, do good the entire season, and stay healthy, then he will get the guarenteed money, and lots of it. A one year deal right now, will benefit both sides.

Andy Dalton is the guy we need! Buuuuuut, since this is Minnesota, we'll end up drafting a loser like Stephen Garcia from South Carolina!

I'm sure Dalton as well as a majority of these Q.B.'s will be available in the second round depending where the Vikes pick.

Let Rice go if he's gonna be a baby, who waits until the season is about to start then decides to get surgery when its a season we are aiming for the superbowl.

He's decent and young but if he thinks he's getting top pay in the league he's high.

His agent is the biggest you know what...he'll convince Rice he can and will get a huge contract from us or someone else.

Julio Jones is always an option at #12...let the chronically injured Rice go and take someone else's money and sit on the sidelines there.

let the chronically injured Rice go and take someone else's money and sit on the sidelines there.

I was wondering why nobody brought that up before. How much field/game time has he missed since he's been here? Seems like a high risk/high reward type of player up to this point. Maybe you're right and they should unload him on another team just as Chicago did on MN with Berrian.

Why haven't they dumped T-Jack yet? I thought it was clear he wasn't part of the picture going forward?

With the Vikes getting all new coaches, they will be behind the teams who didn't change, as far as personell decisions go. As far as TJack.....I doubt anyone will give us anything for him.....he'll get cut anyway and he'll be cheap on waivers.

I really hope Webb starts this year,so we can draft Andrew Luck with the first pick next year.

Move up? What do you think we have to offer to move up? We need every pick we can get to fill the holes in our team.

You can always trade future years picks.

No need to move up in this years draft...we already pick at 12. I say move down and aquire picks...lot's and lot's of picks!!

I'm sure we have a couple guys we like at #12, if they are gone I can see us trading down to get our 3rd back.

With the Vikes getting all new coaches, they will be behind the teams who didn't change, as far as personell decisions go. As far as TJack.....I doubt anyone will give us anything for him.....he'll get cut anyway and he'll be cheap on waivers.

TJack is a unrestricted free agent confused

He better hope Chilly gets a job somewhere so he has a job.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I bet they draft a QB in the second or there-abouts round and we end up with Vince Young to start the season out.

Of course we could always go with FG's choice of T-Jack as the QB to start the season. grin

Thanks Lmit. At 46, I try to remember the fun Birthday's from long ago before life hit so hard. laugh

I really hope Webb starts this year,so we can draft Andrew Luck with the first pick next year.

I have said the same thing myself. Some times it takes a step back to be able to move forward.

If you really want the #1 pick next year, lobby for Jackson, No improvement in recivers, and get Peterson hurt early......status quo all the way. 0w-18losses

Oh and hire Childress for OC for 1 year, just to show everybody how great he left the Vikes.....Would make something to add to his resume...

Of course we could always go with FG's choice of T-Jack as the QB to start the season. grin

I think he should play OLB, he's better then Leber.

But if you want to guarantee yourself the 1st pick of the draft next season you could start Junkson at QB.

Leber has slowed down lately from his best days I think, that may be why they didn't tender him. How do you think E.J. would do as OLB, and put Brinkly in the middle? E.J has more speed.

Leber needs to be shown the door...too many young guys can do exactly what he does for alot less. We know what we have in Leber...not bad, not great. Time to move in a new direction and find some young guys who have a much higher upside.

Leber is the guy that was almost there, he almost made the play. Doesn't matter how smart you are if you don't have the ability to make plays. He's mediocre with no upside.

I know Brinkley can cover better then EJ, EJ is probably one of the worse covering LB's in the league. He's a beast blitzing and tackling though forsure.

When Brinkley was playing for E.J., I thought he did very well against the run.....but very weak as pass defender. He may have improved with that.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Tarvaris Jackson looking for fresh start

The Minnesota Vikings brought an end to the QB Tarvaris Jackson experiment by not extending a qualifying tender offer to him, reports Judd Zulgad and Chip Scoggins, of The Minneapolis Star Tribune. Jackson, as previously reported, is now free to sign with any other team that he chooses. Jackson was believed to be the team's quarterback of the future after being drafted in the second round of the 2006 NFL Draft, but it never developed as the team would have hoped. He started a career-high 12 games in 2007, but was replaced early in the 2008 season and then spent most of the last two years backing up QB Brett Favre. Jackson noted earlier this year that a change of scenery and a fresh start might be what he needs.

FG

Interesting how we look at the same player in opposite ways

Qb thread.....Mallet can really throw the ball, but I question his "face of the franchise" personality. Should be avaiable at #12 (I'd pass)

Gabbert will be gone...and I'm not that high on him anyway.

Newton.....physically talented, but not sure he will ever exceed Webb in QB position, and his personality may rub teammates wrong way. May be there at #12, but doubtfull (pass).

Locker....enough of a leader, talent, and drive to excel, but at #12, too high...would take him in second round though. (may trade back and take him later.(possibilities)

I like Devlin, Ponder, Dalton, Mcelroy in 2-5 rounds, depending on who's available when. I see us taking a "blue chipper" in 1st round, probably on D or OL. So much depends on who is available when we are on the clock.