• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Big Series

Bryce

To be honest, I kind of wanted to punch Wehrs after he was crying to the ref. He has to know that the Sioux are going to be trying to get a hit in no matter if time is expiring or not. If he has a problem take it up with Malone.

I Wanted to punch Geneway more for coming in for the hack way after. I heard Barribal was hurt last night, I expected more hacking out of him and Cepis. I dont know why Lucia never had them playing together before.

What is tonight gonna be like. I am either thinking even more hacking and good old Sioux - Gophs hockey, or the opposite and every little hack will be called. I just hope the Gophs dont turtle cause they are happy just to get 2 points. That will be Lucias plan.

How about Gophs go up 3-1 and then watch the the Sioux get dirty.

Hmm. I don't know if I can buy into the canadians are in it so much as any other player looking to make a career out of hockey. I see what your saying. Alot of these guys are just looking to further there career. Can't really blame them either.

without digging I can only think of one off the bat. I know there has to be a few more.

Denver Brent Skinner defensemen-he was good college player

So what were the stakes of this bet again.

From what I recall. when you loose you have to.

d-winterize my boat - while serving me beer, while wearing gopher gear. and dont forget to fill it up.

Baiting my hook form me while early season crappie fishing.

Change your picture to you wearing gopher gear.

I do recall something about an all-expense paid musky trip to LOTW. I would settle for Bemidji though.

If I am not mistaken, I believe you also said you would wear a gopher jersey while at the frozen 5 this year, and pay for the Bear and myself to attend and feed our drinking problems.

Am I forgetting anything.

Hey you welch on that bet but I'm down for a LOTW musky fishing anytime. I'm hook on that place.

I'm trying to do a search on those past NCAA champs rosters for canucks.

Yah, I just skimmed em on USCHO. I didnt see any good names but Elliot and Skinner. I would have thought Denver was mostly Canadian on those teams.

Well I found Ben Streets badger. Nothing great. I'm surprise with that one.

How was the fishing at leech last week. I went up to LOW during the week. Did pretty good. Think I'm going again sometime next week.

Scott if you like crappie fishing in early to late spring you should try going up to the NW angle. I might try it this year. I heard its unreal for size and numbers.

Leech was terrible. My group was at the bar and I was catching nothing in the shack. It was too windy to fish in portables so I was stuck in sleeper. We were way to shallow, and the slush discouraged our shack owner from moving. Something about 10 feet in January that steels your confidence. Never even marked fish until I ventured out to 30 feet.

i have heard that too about the woods. My buddy is chasing big slabs in the angle right now. They own half an island and have a sweet set up. Used to be called brush island, I think it is eagle now.

I have been to LOTW in years. I need to get back up there.

Catch anything big last weekend, Im sure the numbers were good.

All the walleyes were 15 to 19 inches. We limited out on walleyes but only caught three saugers. We went out of bablers road. A guy I work with has a sleeper there so we just drove up for the day.

I have a few friends who have places up there. All I hear about is the fishing for crappie's in march. They say if you hit the peak 15+ inches are common in numbers.

If your interested or able to do it. I'll let know if I get something together. I've been just kicking around the idea. Thing is if you go up there early water they probably don't have the water ways mark with bouys yet, is my guess. I know there is a resort that does guided trips to the bay I'm thinking of.

Oops hijack. Better get back to talking hockey. I'm thinking 3-0 UND. Bench clearing at the end. Brett hexstal, Kevin Wehrs, andrew Macwilliams and Seth Hagenson(sp) game misconduct.

You could be on with that prediction. I would be very surprised if the Sioux dont come out flying. If they dont, boy am I going to blast em tomorrow. Ill stick with my tie prediction tonight. As long as our coaching staff stays angry, we have a good chance.

I really think Lucia is going to roll over tonight. "its just another weekend" " we got our 2 points" " lets play all our guys and look to next week" You know that is what he is saying.

By the way, Mark Alt for the Gophers almost lost it for em about 5 times. He was risky to have out there in the final minutes. turned it over 3 times.

I hope helgeson is unleashed tonight. I want to see him throw some bodies, I am tired of the Sioux getting away with the hacks for so many years.

One last thing. I really liked Casey Hankinson on the color commentation last night for FSN. He wasnt a total homer, and he didnt quote Herb Brooks and stutter the whole night the other guys we have been trying out.

Finally the Sioux lose on Friday! Hasn't happened since Maine and its a little hard to get swept when you keep winning the first game. Come on Gophers surprise us all with an even better effort tonight and sweep!!!

I agree, Casey did a great job last night. I could get use to him.

Looks like UND shook up a couple of there lines tonight. Wonder if the black jersay's are going on tonight. I need this win tonight. I can't face these guys if we lose. I will change my username.

That was a ugly game. I'll take that win anyway.

I can Minnesota getting to final five and making the Ncaa tourament. If they play like they did friday night they can beat any team in the country. I wouldn't want to face these guys first round. I never felt comfortable in this game until UND scored the fourth goal late in the third. It was a closer game than the score.

Kind of messy. I really wish the Gophs wouldnt have been shorthanded half the first period. I think it coulda made for a better game. Looked a little embellished by the Sioux taking those calls. They must have watched Forsberg videos prior to the game.

The Sioux came back decently, but I wasnt impressed with either team. Both teams need to get better down the stretch here, especially the Gophs.

Yeah, those were two dives in my opinion. If I didn't know better UND knew the Gophs were gonna be pyhsical and use it to there advantage. I havrn't been impress with the WCHA refs this season.

I really hope to see these 2 teams in STP. It is going to be crazy at the frozen 5 this year. Saint Pattys day thurs with a double header. Double header friday. then a Wild game vs Columbus game. It is going to be nutso.

The refs are pretty darn strict now. Its been getting worse for the last few years. thats for sure.

Any surprises gonna happen in ND this upcoming weekend with Blais in town. They are on a tumble though.

I'm sure everybody will make a big deal about Blais welcome home games. UNO isn't use to the WCHA grind. I love the fact that BSU has own them this year. I had a feeling they were gonna slide off the second half.

Speaking of refs. There inconsistency in calling penalties is terrible this season. It goes both ways. Take the Malone hit the other night. I thouhgt it was aclean hit but was surprise because of how close it was to the boards. It was a border line call. Then they call Rodwell for tripping on a weak penalty on Aaron Ness late in third on Friday. Minnnesota scored the GWG during that powerplay. I just don't like the inconsistency with the calls.

I think dives will become more common.

I can Minnesota getting to final five and making the Ncaa tourament.

I hope you are right but I see a rather large gap between us and the NCAA tournament right now. We need to leap frog about 8 teams just to get into that bubble area. Sure it's very possible but we would need to play some very good hockey for a very long time and afte the past few seasons I just don't know if we are capable of that. I hope they prove me wrong.