• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LaCrosse Boot Size (Run Small?)

TruthWalleyes

Question

I'm looking at buying a pair of:

Alpha SST™ Realtree® AP HD™ 2000G Hunting Boots

full-26433-4760-lacrosse_alpha_sst_18_20

They are made by Lacrosse. I will typically wear a size 14 or 15 work boot, and the biggest size these come in is a size 15medium.

For those that own Lacrosse boots, do they run small?

I just want to make sure i've got some wiggle room in these boots with a nice pair of wool socks on.

Thanks,

Edit: I will go with a size 15, unless someone tells me that they typically run two sizes small...then i won't be getting them at all eek

18 answers to this question

I have a pair of LaCrosse Alpha Iceman in size 14 and the fit perfect. I am usually a 13 in work boots and when I tried the 13 on the were very tight. It would definitely be nice to be able to try them on. Sucks to have big feet!

I went a size bigger with my Lacrosse IceKings than my shoe size and was satisfied. An extra size wouldn't have hurt but they are bulky enough already.

The boots you are eyeballing don't look too bulky and I wouldn't be afraid to go 2 sizes bigger than your shoe size.

I think you will be ok with the 15. All my Lacross boots seem to run true to size. I wear a 14 shoe and 14 non insulated hunting boot and a 15 that is 2000 grams of insulation. They are snug with a thick wool sock but not so snug I cant move my toes around a bit. I think you will like the 15's.

Thanks for your imput...I needed a little extra confidence before i stick $200 into a pair of boots w/o trying them on.

I feel Lacrosse Boots do run small or they don't accommodate thick socks. I have to go with one size up. If I wear thin socks, it seems fine.

I got the size 15, and they're too tight...So i'm sending them back...

Need some help, I'll spend $200 bucks on a good boot (Lasts at least 3+ years) I'd like something between 1500g and 2000g...Size 15w

#1 necessity is Totally Waterproof!

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Bump

Need a similar boot from a different manufacturer.

I want at least 12" of waterproof (walking in water, not water resistant)

Heavy insulation 1000g plus.

Size 15 or Size 15W

Can anyone help?

I'm looking at Irish Setter boots since the LaCrosse run Small

I've narrowed down to 3 possibilities, and am leaning towards the rubber "Rutmaster" because i KNOW it won't leak...

Are King Toe Knee, or the Outrider waterproof to the top of the boot? Does anybody have any knowledge on any of these three boots?

full-26433-4977-boots.png

I think if they made them in a wide i'd be OK, but as of now lacrosse is just too narrow for my feet.

I would NEVER spend $200 (or even much less) on a pair of boots without trying them on. Taking the drive has got to be a lot less hassle than repackaging and returning them when they don't fit.

The only hassle has been not having the boots when i'm ready to spend the money.... I actually haven't found any place where a guy can go and try on size 15 hunting boots, or at least the higher end boots...MOST stores quit carrying the boots over size 12 or 13.

I would agree...It does stink not trying a pair of boots on!! But thats the corner that i'm in.

Irish Setters should arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Aren't Irish Setters made in Red Wing? That's not too far from you. Surely they have a showroom there. Hopefully the ones you ordered fit and you don't need to worry about it.

It would be an added $40 to go try them on just in gas, so for now i can get by the same way i have in years past (I'm not walking bare foot on the ice :D)

Free shipping, Free return shipping...I'm better off waiting than trampsing all over the state looking for boots to try on.