• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"The Field is unplayable"

DTro

In my idea of a perfect world, yes.

And when it's too warm for frozen ground I want them playing in mud.

Turf should be banned.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• DTro

• harvey lee

• thatoneguy

Top Posters In This Topic

You should parlay that incredible football acumen into a gig analyzing for ESPN. You could make a fortune!

I would be better than Ed Werder wink

hahahahaha that's for sure. Werder seems to just write stories for the sake of writing stories, and hope people forget about his whiffs.

As for Webb, do I think he's the franchise QB? No, not yet. But I think we haven't seen nearly enough of him to say. I see little chance for him to succeed tonight - few QBs not named Brady fare well under such conditions. But I won't close the book on him yet.

Still, if MN loses the rest of its games (we can hope...) it shouldn't matter WHAT Webb does the rest of this year, they need to draft a franchise QB.

Still, if MN loses the rest of its games (we can hope...) it shouldn't matter WHAT Webb does the rest of this year, they need to draft a franchise QB.

And they need to sign or trade for a vet that franchise QB can learn from for a season or two. McNabb is NOT that guy, but I can see the Vikes going after him, even tho Chillys gone.

I like Favre but it's time to take a seat and shut your pie hole. This game means nothing to the Vikings, not like we need this win to make the playoffs or anything. Only reason Favre would even want to play is to go down in more history like "the Ol' NFL game at TCF Stadium in blizzard conditions after the dome roof collapsed, Brett Favre came back to play the game after losing his streak when everyone else was afraid of the field because he's such an iron man!!"

Quote:
McNabb is NOT that guy, but I can see the Vikes going after him, even tho Chillys gone.
I can see it also. Though I think they will wait till he retires laugh

the weather conditions aren't going to let anyone see what webb can or can't do. if favre plays it will be the last time a nationwide audience can see him play before he retires. every time he plays on monday night the past couple years it's espn's highest ratings.

This is Webb's pre draft scouting report on Rivals.com.

He isn't a natural passer and struggles to read coverages. Webb lacks the ability to go through his progressions. He doesn't display a confident throwing motion, has a tendency to short arm throws underneath and fails to keep his feet under him when asked to drive the ball downfield. He has a tendency to fall off on a lot of throws and is squeamish in the face of pressure. … He lacks ideal accuracy and touch on all levels of the field. He has a lazy delivery and will drop his elbow. Webb fails to generate much power from his lower half. He isn't a strong-armed passer and lacks the touch and anticipation skills to fit the ball into tight areas. He fails to diagnose coverages, will force the ball into traffic and isn't safe with the ball.

It has an uncanny resemblance to someone the Vikings just put on IR last week. The Vikings do not have anyone in the organization that can become even a serviceable quarterback. They need to draft one or go after Kevin Kolb from the Eagles. End of story.

This is Webb's pre draft scouting report on Rivals.com.

He isn't a natural passer and struggles to read coverages. Webb lacks the ability to go through his progressions. He doesn't display a confident throwing motion, has a tendency to short arm throws underneath and fails to keep his feet under him when asked to drive the ball downfield. He has a tendency to fall off on a lot of throws and is squeamish in the face of pressure. … He lacks ideal accuracy and touch on all levels of the field. He has a lazy delivery and will drop his elbow. Webb fails to generate much power from his lower half. He isn't a strong-armed passer and lacks the touch and anticipation skills to fit the ball into tight areas. He fails to diagnose coverages, will force the ball into traffic and isn't safe with the ball.

It has an uncanny resemblance to someone the Vikings just put on IR last week. The Vikings do not have anyone in the organization that can become even a serviceable quarterback. They need to draft one or go after Kevin Kolb from the Eagles. End of story.

+1,000,001

Well makeshift in the terms of it not being ready and they had to scramble at the last minute.

I tell ya what, everyone can boo Kluwe, but he's still my favorite player. smile

As they talked b4 the game and many Bears did not want to play on this field.

Looks like injury #1 with Favre to the head.

That's B.S. on Favres injury. He received a concussion or got his bell rung because a 300 lb. lineman slammed his head into the ground...wouldn't have mattered what field he was playing on...the result would have been the same.

ya good grief the dome is blactop for petes sake

these guys are hardly slipping on the field the snow woulda stoped the frost from getting real deep

they had it heat for 36 hrs or so

i just cant believe farve even played

i thought alittle more of frazier till tonight he shouldnt have

let him play

web all pumped all week then benched thats sucks

web all pumped all week then benched thats sucks

Just threw his second pick on the same drive, first one called back. Put Camarillo in at QB- can't be any worse!

That was a fun game, the purple were ugly, but the game was fun. Seeing Bud Grant in a short sleeve shirt was great, the shots of the crowd whooping it up was great. A whole generation has missed out on that outdoor NFL action in MN, looks like they were making up for lost time. I even think it was a decent way for Farve to go out, he's done now.

Having said that, I hope the Twins go deep into October next year and the Wild and Wolves get off to a great start in the fall. The purple just ain't gonna cut it next year. smile

Rumors swirling like the blowing snow at TCF that T-Jack jacked up Webb before the game and put his uniform on.
Na- Even TJack aint that bad! I think it was a message showing what the heck is this guy in the league for. It was hilarious to watch.

He's been getting his head slammed all year. LOL

Just goes to show how poor our o line is. Seems T Jack also went out last week taking AP with him.

Said to see how Favre was beat into the ground when the Vikes begged him to come back.

You guys see Favre trying to fist pump? Could barely get his arm above his waist. He is going to be in rough shape once he gets to nursing home age, if not sooner.

farve will go down in history as one of the greatest quarterbacks in history. i think people may be down on him in part of the terrible season the vike's are having. there will be people down on the new coach for the same reason. last year people were praising farve, and now he's lost favor. this whole season for the vike's was a mess, with childress fired, roof colapse, and an offensive line truly offensive. i dont care who the quarterback is with this team even brady could not make the plays with the offensive line we have. jackson will be a backup forever with any team, and webb is just in the learning proccess. webb is probably the best athlete on the team and will be valuable to the team in the future. i'm a viking fan so i will be watching regardless of the record. good luck.

Farve had a bad year because he never had any protection, he was just trying to make things happen. Tough when your getting nailed every other play. The defense is terrible, they can't get any pressure on the qb and they can't cover the pass at all. So they can sit there and throw with time all day. There is a couple of talented players on the team no doubt, but it needs a major reworking. Brett should have never played last night, why end with a life altering injury, when the season is over for them anyway.

I couldn't beleive he played either.

I think he played becuase he wanted to play. He wanted to win, regardless of pain or elements. That's just his make up. Not many are like that. You can't teach that.

Maybe...

But I really think he wanted to go out there with all the media hype of MNF, in a special situation, against a long time divisional rival, (crowd fired up) and try to pull off one last miracle and then call it quits at the end of the game.

As much as he says his career speaks for itself and he's fine with that, you know darn well he wanted to go out on a high note and this would have been the perfect opportunity. Instead, the Bears tweaked his last finger that he was holding on to the ledge with, and he came crashing down.

i dont know the extent of his injury, but i dont count him out as starting once more if he can walk and throw. this team has a bigger problem than farve. good luck.