• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Jeans or Sweatpants?

mrklean

Dont know if this has been talked about before but on a cold day what would give you a little more warmth jeans or sweatpants?

If you're talking as an underlayer then anything fleece/wool or at least not cotton. For an outer layer I would think jeans if there is any kind of a breeze at all

Every washed up,fat, old ex athlete is forced by law to wear sweat pants at all times away from work. So I have no choice! laugh They also keep me nice and toasty.

Depends on the sweat pants some, cotton ones or if you have like windbreaker types lined with cotton, I wear 2 pairs of those under my regular outer bottom layer. Cuts the wind and seems to keep the heat locked inside, in a few weeks the heavy winter gear will be on for muzzy.

rockie long skins and dickies canvas style pants.Up until last weekend I havent even put on the bibs yet. love my rockie long skins

i have my under armour on but wasnt sure which one would keep me warmer between my camo bids and my layers, i have done both in the past but dont remember which is warmer laugh

I wear my under armor over them I wear sweats gives you more room to move then jeans over the sweats I wear my scent blocker pants nice and toasty. When it gets really cold I throw my browning exchange bibs over them.

Get a pair of lined jeans. The ones with the red lining iside, like wearing a sleepin bag on your legs, and after a wash or two, very comfortable. I wear them at work and ice fishing, also don't like bibs.

Get a pair of lined jeans. The ones with the red lining iside, like wearing a sleepin bag on your legs, and after a wash or two, very comfortable. I wear them at work and ice fishing, also don't like bibs.

Found some BF ads, Bass Pro has fleece lined for 40% off.

My son wore them all the time while working outside plowing snow.

Under Armour, pair of jeans and some bibs.

Why did I wait so long to buy QUALITY long undies!!!!!!!?????

i have my under armour on but wasnt sure which one would keep me warmer between my camo bids and my layers, i have done both in the past but dont remember which is warmer laugh

If you're wearing bibs over them that blocks the wind, I dont think it really matters. I would think sweats would be more comfy. Not so tight on the waist with the UA under them. But jeans give you a little more versatility once your done hunting. (ie. go out to eat in sweatpants? yuck)

Personally I wear Cabela's Briarguard pants under my bibs.

This year it was so warm that I wore lite sweatpants under lite bibs. Really quiet and really comfortable. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again.

Sweats are the way to go! I used to wear jeans underneath my bibs and it was just way too uncomfortable, so I switched and I actually think the sweats keep me warmer than jeans. Does suck if you get sweaty though, once they are wet at all theyre not so warm...

Those fleece lined jeans are nice too

Yes and Yes. I have worn sweats to OCB and they do have elastic on the bottom. Where are you eating anywhere near north deer country that requires fine attire? I'll save my womanizing for another weekend and focus on deer in november!

Neither. There are much better cold weather options.

BINGO

jeans and sweats are ghetto!

I wear cabelas revolution fleece pants (uninsulated) with an underarmor base and depending how cold it is I wear more layers of polypro military long underwear on top of the underarmor

Cotton no longer touches my skin when I'm active in cool or cold weather. It's all wool, silk or polypro or a blend of them. Even if it's in the 50s, wearing cotton against my skin when I'm actively hunting will make me cold when the sweat is held by the cotton against my skin.

Even if I'm in a stand or just sitting all day on a log, the walk in usually gets me sweating a little. Wicking undies all the way, folks!

+1 for neither.....

On cold days I double up on my baselayers, then add a layer of fleece and top it off with thinsulate lined wool pants. Have sat all day in subzero weather with this combo.

jeans and sweats are ghetto!

Maybe they are! But that is the way some of us roll, not everyone can afford 100$ gortex pants and such. I can still sit all day, no problem. You just need to be tough. I'll be hunting all day tomorrow, in my sweat pants. grin