• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

HAHA Miami

JBMasterAngler

I'm probably coming off as bitter because I just miss the NBA of the 90's, watching the superstars I grew up with and imitated in the driveway as a kid. The tick-tack fouls refs call today just make me sad...and I hate the way D-wade pump fakes, gets a defender to jump straight up, then Wade jumps forward right into the guy and gets 3 free throws. That is a charge, not a shooting foul.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mrklean

• PierBridge

• Mike_Top

• JBMasterAngler

What about Gasol? Even Gasol is better than what LeBron has had to work with up until now.

As far as the flopping goes, yes, that is irritating. However, have you been watching tonights game? How about Stevenson in the 1st quarter? My point is that this isn't JUST Lebron doing it. The entire league is guilty of it at this point. OKC's Harden flopped horribly in the Western Conference Finals for example. This is an issue the league needs to address. Possibly a system like the flagrant foul system that's in place. Assess them on an individual basis, and suspend players based on how many they have.

Edit: I hear you on the 90's basketball. College is much more fun to watch anyways. It's more "pure". Well... it's getting worse as well, but still better.

Oh I completely agree its the league as a whole doing the flops, and the refs are equally as guilty for bailing them out (but I'm sure David Stern is behind it. The league's ratings for the Finals have been 1/3rd of what they were 15 years ago)...not just Lebron. And I'm also really glad that Stevenson's flop was a non call. I tried to hint in my last post that I'm trying to not come off as a lebron-hater...I'm nuetral on the guy, don't like and don't really hate, just hasn't earned my respect yet.

On another note, I can't for the life of me decide on who's gonna win it all this year. It really seems to be shaping up as a great finals!

Agreed. This series just keeps looking like it's going to go all seven games. I hope it does, because this has been the best finals series in recent past.

wowwww what a great game. No criticism deserved on the part of the Heat, Dallas just took over. Tough to guard all their shooters.

Wow is right. 13 3 pointers is tough to overcome. Yet the heat were in it until the end. After D-wade made that 3 pointer to go up by 4 I thought the heat would pull it out but terry and kidd making 3 pointers were too much for the heat. Lebron was quiet again even though he had a triple double. I look for the big 3 from miami to explode on Sunday and force a game 7 and then have a triple overtime thriller on tuesday with the heat squeaking out the title.... Good entertainment!

A triple double is hardly a bad game especially on the road in the NBA finals. He's basically had one bad playoff game in his entire YOUNG career. I can't stand him for the time being because the way he left but make no mistake he's the best player in the league and will be for quite some time.... so we better pray Dallas can pull this off or Lebron is gonna have a bunch of rings here very shortly!

As far as Jordan goes "WINDY TUNE OUT NOW" he was one of the biggest whiners and fakers the games has ever seen. He has had more phantom fouls called in his favor then the entire collection of NBA players.

As weak as the NBA is today it was ever bit as week when Jordan, Pippen and company were winning there titles.

Go Dallas!

Lebron can not be considered one of the greatest until he has proved he can take control of games down the strech when it really counts. Not just score 40 against the Nicks in December. Bird could, MJ could, Koby can. He is not in their class until he takes control of the Heat in the fourth quarter and wins. I do not hate Lebron I just want people to wait to crown him king.

A triple double is hardly a bad game especially on the road in the NBA finals. He's basically had one bad playoff game in his entire YOUNG career. I can't stand him for the time being because the way he left but make no mistake he's the best player in the league and will be for quite some time.... so we better pray Dallas can pull this off or Lebron is gonna have a bunch of rings here very shortly!

As far as Jordan goes "WINDY TUNE OUT NOW" he was one of the biggest whiners and fakers the games has ever seen. He has had more phantom fouls called in his favor then the entire collection of NBA players.

As weak as the NBA is today it was ever bit as week when Jordan, Pippen and company were winning there titles.

Go Dallas!

I love reading Pier's satire. Hilarious, as always!

thanks for pointing out that the post was satire! ha when I first read it i thought it was serious... I liked the part about lebron having one bad game in his "young" career... this is the guy's 8th year for goodness sakes. very funny stuff

Pier,

Say what you want now since it can not be changed or debated. But what can not be debated is 6 circular pieces of jewelry around Michael's various digits! I love the trailer to the new movie "Bad Teacher" when the male teacher is debating with a student about Jordan vs LeBron and after brining up the 6 Championships the kid says, "Oh, is that your only arguement for Jordan"? To which the teacher screams...THAT'S THE ONLY ARGUEMENT I NEED Sean! Classic and so true.

I just know that back in the day, you wanted Jordan to take the last shot, you knew Jordan was taking the last shot, the other team knew Jordan was taking the last shot and just like that point guard from Utah, Bryan something or other found out, Jordan took the last shot and made it!

Check out "the flu game" if you want to see what MVP's do. I remember golfing in Arizona back in the day and wearing my Jordan Nike shirt and another golfer asking me, "So are the Bulls gonna do it again?" To which I replied, "Who is gonna beat them?" Still works for me. The only person that beat Jordan, was Jordan, when he went away. When Michael decided to win, they won. The same can not be said for LeBron, Wade or Bosh.

Class dismissed! LOL

Windy

i have to agree with both of you, Windy, and Pier. Jordan was a whiner, Jordan got way too many calls called in his favor.

Windy, Jordan was the best player of all time, he was the reason the Bulls won. If Jordan had an off game, seldom did Pipen take up the slack for him and win the games. To me Lebron cant hold Jordans jock strap. The only player in the NBA that is close is Bryant. Kobe carries the Laker team year after year, and lights up the court. I would say Kobe is as good as Jordan, but he isnt as liked, and popular.

Just my .02

Jordan is the best player ever PERIOD! When your that good you get all the calls. The worst whiner and get phantom calls dude was Carl Malone.

I dont know if we will ever see a era of basketball like we did back when we had Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Isiah and the likes playing.

What NBA superstar isn't a whiner, and name me ANY player who will not try to steal a call, fake a charge, flop like you were hit with an elephant gun, and then wink to your team mates or fans. It is part of the game. It is up to the refs to make the calls and it is up to the players to try to get away with them. This point is really a non-issue to me.

And I agree that Jordan is, hands down, the greatest player of all time. No debate, though I will give you this Northlander, I think Kobe might be the most creative shot maker in the game of all times. He came up with some that nobody would believe. Jordan had his moments but so did Bird, Russell, Dr. J, Wilt, and a list of other superstars. That is what makes them superstars, but Jordan is first and probably will always be first as long as I live to see and tell.

Windy

Jordan is the best player ever PERIOD! When your that good you get all the calls. The worst whiner and get phantom calls dude was Carl Malone.

I dont know if we will ever see a era of basketball like we did back when we had Jordan, Magic, Bird, Kareem, Isiah and the likes playing.

Wilt, Russell, K.A.J.

At any rate congrats Mavs and HA to Lebron.

I think the finals this year is all the evidence anyone will need to say that Lebron is not better than Jordan.

Lebron looked lifeless and had absolutely no killer instinct. Jordan would take it to you when it mattered. Lebron just settled for jump shots or passed the ball.

Athletically I'd probably say Lebron has more physical tools (bigger, stronger, faster) but he doesn't get as much out of them as Jordan did.

I'd agree if anyone is close to Jordan its Kobe, similar instinct to send a dagger through your heart and he probably hits more impossible shots. But he also has to settle for some of those impossible shots instead of finding a way to get a better look.

ABM baby...Anybody But Miami! Chew on that, LeBron, D Wade and Bosh! Might have to buy a few more players, maybe you can pick up Dirk and D Rose, then maybe you might win a ring! All the Kings horses and all the Kings men couldn't put the King back together again!

Windy

PS LeBron, you might be the King but Mr. Jordan is still the ruler of the NBA my overpaid and overrated friend!

haha nice, well we get to listen to people talk about the big 3 and winning it all for another year at least

Hey, did you hear that they just declared this Friday

National LeBron James day???

Everybody gets to leave 12 minutes early!!!

Windy

"Say what you want now since it can not be changed or debated. But what can not be debated is 6 circular pieces of jewelry around Michael's various digits! I love the trailer to the new movie "Bad Teacher" when the male teacher is debating with a student about Jordan vs LeBron and after brining up the 6 Championships the kid says, "Oh, is that your only arguement for Jordan"? To which the teacher screams...THAT'S THE ONLY ARGUEMENT I NEED Sean! Classic and so true."

so guess that means Bill Russell is best ever since he has more championships and Scottie Pippen is as good as Jordan? just razzing ya but the # of championships argument comes out often but only when it fits the argument.

I can't argue with Jordan being one if not the best ever. I never really saw him play but what about Wilt Chamberlain? It makes the news now when someone scores 50 pointes yet Chamberlain averaged 50 points per game for a whole season one year. I believe I read once too that the NBA actually changed the rules with the size of the lanes because Chamberlain was too dominant. I think the only big rule changed that occurred when Jordan played is that they shorted up the 3 point shot but not because Jordan was dominating the longer 3 point shot.

It will always be argued but just saying...

So now that we're all back to our miserable life's and Lebron can get up and do what ever he wants "paraphrasing what Lebron said" Can you understand now why he is hated on by so many Greebs?...

Lebron's 25 or 26 and will more than likely win 2 of the next 4 championships. And frankly they are a year ahead of schedule and only need a piece or 2 to win it.......I Hope not, but this choke job was nice for sure!

I will say the Mavs defense isn't getting the credit they deserve and D-Wade is skating pretty freely himself after a dismal performance.

Oh and NOBODY was better than George Mikan.....case closed!!!!!

A little retraction and PR out of Lebron today. It turns out he didn't really mean that we "the haters" are all broke, miserable people stuck in our lame world that we now have to go back to... grinwink

I bet Lebron went home cried a little then started whipping his tears away with $100 bills and remembered hes still richer then everyone else

Well, I finally watched what I DVR'd while in the BWCA. Wow, what a collapse by the Heat and LeBron. The LeBron one liners are flying in from all over...gotta love some of them "Why didn't LeBron go to college? Because he didn't want to show up for finals."

Love where this thread headed. Jordan is the G.O.A.T. I was talking with my b.i.l. in the canoe while we were up there imagining what was happening in the Finals, and I told him LeBron might be physically the best ever, but no one will touch Jordan's killer instinct. The head games he played and his mental toughness will ever be topped. He was still getting on guys in his H.O.F. induction for God's sake. LeBron has a lot to learn. I'm convinced the Heat will win a pile of championships, especially as more veteran players flock to the team to help them out as a way to win a ring.

If you love the comparison of player's angle, I strongly suggest reading "The Book of Basketball" by Bill Simmons. He really breaks down what you need to know about the players. He is a huge Celtics and Russell fan, but even he has MJ #1. MJ, Russell, Kareem in that order. Wilt was a 7 foot head case that played against a bunch of 6'6" guys with half his athleticism that smoked heaters at half time. Today Wilt would be just a "good" center.

Anyways, Congrats to the Mavs on a great season. Who would have thought Corey Brewer would get a ring at the start of the year?

This will be playing in several NBA arenas when the heat come to town, LeBron should pay attention to the lyrics:

Dachise, just out of curiosity, where would you rank Kobe? I would have Kobe ranked #2, but that maybe because I seen him and Jordan play, and didnt see the other careers.