• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, now I've done it!

I will never trample your crops or shoot deer on your property, but have things really goten that bad that if I wanted to run the dog on his feild road that he would be mad?

Its sad really!

He is just being observant. Being he is right next to the public land. I can promise you people trespass weekly. Specially during hunting season. He also doesn't want people or dogs running a muck in his crops. Specially now when bumping the corn stalks or bean stalks can result in crops falling to the ground.

You also have to think of all the activity that goes on at that land besides hunting. Drinking, Dumping garbage, other illegal activities, ect. I am sure hes had his stuff messed with many times. I do not blame the guy one bit.

How did you know his fence was electric?

i hunt some puplic land in the area and once or twice a hunting season im stoped by the dnr and hes nice but to the point about tresspassing. hes told me many times make sure you know were you are cause if i get a call about tresspassing there getting a ticket.Its got to this point because people just hunt were they please. IF you dont know or not sure then dont go on it until you do pretty simple to me. look at it this way someone tresspasses on your land and gets injured in some way theres a good possiablty your goin to get sued. Or they shoot threw your house or live stock etc ect.

Just my two cents, I was born and raised in North Dakota and it's always been that if it's not posted it's open to the public and if everyone understands that it's not to be abused as in driving across it, not leaving garbage, not hunting it if still has crop to be harvested and many farmers don't hunt their own land. If it's posted permission is still usually granted and some owners just like to know who's on their land or as stated above they have friends, relatives or their own immediate family that hunt it which everyone should be able to relate to and respect that. My family still owns land and it very seldom gets posted if it is posted permission is usually always given and that's one thing in living in Minnesota I miss that, permission should be granted whether it's posted or not.

permission should be granted whether it's posted or not.

Why, it is their land?? they have no obligation to let you HUNT THEIR LAND that THEY PAID FOR!!

Based on the gist of his post I wonder if he meant to say that permission should be obtained whether it's posted or not.

I was always under the impression that in MN all private land is considered "posted" even without physically hanging a sign. That isn't the case? Maybe I'm thinking of SD?

guess it just ticks me off that so many bad outdoors people have really wrecked it for most of us.

a guy should not have to watch his land like a hawk people should just know better, but we dont live in that society any more...