• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Waterfowl Reports

Canopy Sam....Dad was in Wisconsin while I was hunting in ND. Got the call from my sister and ran to the truck, packed up and headed to the hospital he was at....got there 13.5 hrs later....ASAP.

He was not hunting with us.

Appreciate the thoughts and prayers.

fish, I expect they'll start coming down very soon. The snow goose numbers are ridiculous again, and it's been a real boon for us up here in NW MN, as we are blessed to see at least a few snows come down our way once again.

I enjoyed shooting a handful of snows and blues only minutes from my house last year. The numbers in Canada are fantastic. I just hope they don't all sit tight till the very last minute, and then blow straight on thru with a big late arctic tail wind.

If we could just get a good hard freeze way up north to just push em' a little farther south this year! Keep your fingers crossed, and throw a couple shouts up to the MAN!

Oh I see walleye. I just read it wrong. My bad. Either way, I really do hope your Father will be okay. That's a tough deal.

Tell him he's got a bunch of redneck duck hunters praying for him. That outta put a little smile on his face! smile

Anoka county. Kicked out a huge number of mallards going in . Five hundred ? Eight hundred ? Just a continuous roar for minutes as they got out of rice. Saw a flock of 3 and a flock of 5 after sunrise. Probably could have taken one of the 3 but did not shoot. Did not wanna risk losing the bird in the bog. Never shouldered up our guns. Did not hear much shooting either.

Got another limit of teal today. 2 were greens....

The teal are as thick as I have ever seen this year and many others I have talked with say the same thing.

Was out last night and got a woody- and today while pheasant hunting I saw several flocks of teal pour into the pond, as well as a few mallards. Surprised how many teal are still around

Brother a I knocked over 8 teal 1 redhead 1 boot lip and a bonus speklbelly goose. Lots of fresh birds and most of them were b.w.t

my 2 sons and myself and a freind had 18 birds this morning, mostly bwt a spoonie and a couple woodducks, mallards were no where to be found. fun morning anyway

Saw a couple flocks of +/- 50 snows today, a handful of lessers and a few thousand cranes today. Looks like a few non-local ducks but not many. Only a couple divers around and I'm pretty sure they were mostly locals. Knocked down a beautiful can, my first one, and it dove when it hit the water, never to be seen again. I almost cried!!!

Just to clear it up the orange feet on the goose tells all

full-24389-37801-img_20131012_163858_109

Wow pretty sweet, almost unheard of in MN, looks to be a young bird, probably lost grin Whats the bird on the far left ( bootlip )?

Pretty slow around these parts, saw a few larger flocks of divers this morning, still some teal around, very few mallards. Managed to get a teal and a Buffy this morning, and a great sunrise..

018copy_zps88a97002.jpg

038copy_zps435da0ee.jpg

042copy_zps35527f45.jpg

071copy_zps74f6b7ae.jpg

Listened to lots of shooting this morning in Shakopee. Wife says it was similar yesterday. Just took a little cruise and saw a few parties still out in zero wind conditions. #Diehards.

Same lake as yesterday knocked over 8 ducks and a Honker. Lost 1 less guys hunting today which was nice. Seen pintails ringers reds mallards and the 1st sawbill. Plenty of ducks around.

Southwest Mn yesterday 3 of us got 8. 4 pintail, 2 woodies, and 2 GWT. Had a bunch of woodies and GWT in the decoys that swam out of range before it was legal shooting hours. Fun morning

Very cool photos Todd! I am hunting a couple hours north of Winnipeg. We just got up here yesterday and did not hunt but did a little scouting. We are seeing a lot of birds but a bit disappointed that the coots and teal are still abundant indicating to me the push has not really started yet. Normally this time of year they get a lot of the big northern mallards but it seems still lot of local birds this year. I will update tonight on what we see.

Good Hunting!

10/13/13 Hutchinson Area

Great weekend of duck hunting. The gusty west wind on Saturday blew ducks in from the Dakotas, as did the cold Saturday night and Sunday morning. We had ducks arriving all day on Saturday and all morning on Sunday. We harvested ducks of eleven different species between the two days including mallards, pintails, gadwalls, wigeon, wood ducks, shovelers, bluewing teal, greenwing teal, ringnecks, redheads, and canvasbacks. Also saw a couple large groups of bluebills on Sunday. Not many geese moving around, but with all the ducks, who cares? Couple photos are below. Weather forecast for the week should have more new birds moving in the latter half of the week and over the weekend.

full-29555-37931-dscn0225_083.jpg

full-29555-37932-dscn0233_084.jpg

Man I wish I(we) would could get into some of this mixed bag stuff ! 2 hooded mergie hens between 4 of us. Saw mallards and geese. Passed waiting for another swing that never happened. Distant flocks of geese. about 40-50 mallards seen in all.