• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

What happened to this deer?

LightningBG

Just a thought... Are you 100% sure that this is the doe you shot, and how far is the nearest road or highway? The reason I ask is I hunt 1/2 mile from a busy highway and there have been several times that we have had auto hit deer in the area I hunt. I have even shot a deer and as it ran off it was hit by a truck. Is it possible that it was hit after you shot it or could it have been another deer. That is a pretty big hole and mess, it almost look like an internal combustion.

Using Dukes of Hazard arrows?? grin

Just a thought... Are you 100% sure that this is the doe you shot, and how far is the nearest road or highway? The reason I ask is I hunt 1/2 mile from a busy highway and there have been several times that we have had auto hit deer in the area I hunt. I have even shot a deer and as it ran off it was hit by a truck. Is it possible that it was hit after you shot it or could it have been another deer. That is a pretty big hole and mess, it almost look like an internal combustion.

Using Dukes of Hazard arrows?? grin

I'm pretty sure it was the deer. There are some country roads within 1/4 mile, but they aren't in between where I shot it and where I found it. It was in the general direction of where it ran off too. There is the hole forward of the big hole with the 3 prong cut (using G5 Striker) in the same location I thought the shot hit. It was still warm when I cleaned it out, so I'm sure it wasn't an older kill. There were plenty of bad smells but none urine that I could tell. No urine coloring either.

I know it looks like I used one of these

ArrowHeadsLR.jpg

Now I really want to shoot a coyote. Only problem is I've never ever seen one in the area. My sister in law used to see them a couple years ago standing next to her car in the driveway when she would go to work in the morning (almost daily). Too bad I am not so lucky. Any thoughts on how to bring them in? Are calls about the only option?

Maybe I should just try to whack another deer and leave it for a little while, see if they come in for another snack.