• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Well, since you went with the obvious Dtro I might as well drop the subtleties as well. What I was trying to get at is that he seems to have no problem catching big fish, yet he still feels the need to kill 'em and hang 'em. Not heard of replicas apparently.

Well, since you went with the obvious Dtro I might as well drop the subtleties as well. What I was trying to get at is that he seems to have no problem catching big fish, yet he still feels the need to kill 'em and hang 'em. Not heard of replicas apparently.

Drop the subtleties? Your point was as obvious as dtro's point. Here's my subtlety: What an angler legally does with his/her catch is none of our business.

Sigh.

I'll second that....just think if someone catches that state record muskie, which I think will be soon, they would have to kill it in order to reach such a feat.

The state record musky has been caught numerous times over the past few years wink

Some people feel it's better to release that fish, others feel differently.

I respect both sides.

I believe in catch and release, especially muskie, but won't persicute people who keep such a fish. To claim that state record your going to have to kill such fish.

55 X 31 by one of our guests last week would have been a good contender. But, onward it swims.....

I looked on your site and didn't see anything about this one, any details or pics? The LGG/800 formula puts a 55 with a 31 inch girth well over 60 lbs....WOW is all I can say. That's a little more than a contender!

I heard this one was caught in Burntside. grin

full-23375-1184-louis_spray.jpg

Burntside... That must be some trick photography... Is that Maki in that picture? Definitely trick photography if that's the case.

To claim that state record your going to have to kill such fish.

That does not need to be true. If a couple resorts on the big v and mille lacs would have certfied scales the fish could be weighed verified and then released. I am willing to be the first to donate to that cause.

Still be tough to transport, verify and then sucessfully release. Many don't have the livewells for a 60" caliber fish, mines full of muskie baits.

They also batter'm up an have a fun lunch.

grin

Mmmmm deep fried muskie, hashbrowns, cheeze curds followed by a dinner of Brats an Kraut or a simple SauerKruat Sanich to move it all thru.

Dem oldie is goodies but get stuck about halfway in.

laugh

T