• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'll be missing a partner...

Dropped him off at 3:00 today, first stop Fargo, then San Diego. He's gonna be a Marine. I'm really gonna miss my fishing and hunting partner, but I'm as proud as can be to have have raised a boy that wants to serve his country and help other people. It's gonna be a long fall, thank goodness for two other kids to keep me busy watching sports and hitting the water and woods. But I'm also looking forward to seeing the man I raised come December. Please hold him in your thoughts as well as all that are serving us through the armed forces !!! Fish On !!!

I will bet he is the most nervous person in the world. I will never forget getting dropped off at the Greyhound depot in Mankato before the bus took me to MEPS then off to boot camp. I was scared and so nervous I had over an hour before the bus came, I actually asked my parents to leave- I wanted to be alone to think before I stepped on the bus. Write him letters and let him know how proud you are- it means the world to servicemen/women

We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers. Boys like him are what keeps this country proud and strong.

Jason Erlandson

Give him thanks for me and thank you for raising a patriot!! I haven't felt what you're feeling but I put my father in your shoes. I'll never forget his words, "I don't really want you to go, but I'd never discourage you from serving this country".

James

LACC, Thank you for raising such a strong lad that is willing to serve his country. And a pass on a big thank you to your son, for protecting our country and freedoms.