• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Spent the day fishing a few new lakes. I've been on a quest this summer to fish all the lakes in the area between Mankato and Faribault. Started the day on Cody/Phelps near Lonsdale. Good looking green water and lots of willow trees and lily pads to fish. Threw spinnerbaits, buzzbaits, tubes, frogs, jigs, and a chatterbait. Never had a bite in about 4 hours of hard fishing. Not really sure if there's even fish in the lake, or if it winterkilled since it's relatively shallow. Next went to Circle lake for about 4 hours. Tried the same stuff, had something sniff at my frog but no takers. At least there were fish jumping and a few minnows swirling, which was better than the first lake. Once we get milfoil in Circle it might be a real hog factory. Right now I don't think it's a very good fishing lake. Of course it was the worst cold-front of the bass season today. All I've got left is George, Roberds, Fish, Cannon and French. It's been an interesting year. Many of those smaller lakes are devoid of any large number of gamefish, but I've found one or two gems which have made it worthwile.

though of checkking out fish today but not sure roberds is decent cannon hard to fish but there are good ones there french has a tough access but plenty o fish

I fished Fish - and somehow forgot my flippin' sticks... Caught tons of dinks... The big boys must be slop-bound... Fun lake though...

At least you have accepted the fact it is just a matter of time, if it is not there already frown

Once we get milfoil in Circle it might be a real hog factory.