• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Has anyone ever fished Sands lake north of DL just off 21? I have heard rumors of nice pan fish and was wondering if it would be worth my time this winter to head out there. Thanks for any info

I went out there a few times about 10 years ago. It was a walleye rearing pond. Early ice that year there must have been over a hundred people out there catching their limits of 12" eyes. That went on for a few weeks. It still gets quite a few shore fisherman as well as a few small boats launched right of the road and a few houses in the winter. A buddy fishes it every now and then and he has caught some nice gills in there. The lake is mostly shallow, 12' or less. If you go there look for an inside turn in the NE corner......

Fished lake only a few times but always got walleyes not panfish...downsize the baits and they were all cigars.

• 4 weeks later...

used to be able to get limits of walleyes regularly 2 years ago, and yes there were gigantic sunnies too, but it really sucked this year. just a few small sunnies and no eyes. people winter fished the hell out of it over the years, and it finally became dead.