• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

shed hunting

matchset

we have a few months yet...ha actually an entire Archery season is between me and my first shed!

but I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I was actually thinking of new spots to walk in the spring a few days ago but that's a looong ways away. If I can kill him, I won't have to look for his sheds!

Maybe this will help you day dream. My buddy found these a couple years ago. 120s on one side, matchset though found them next to each other. IMG_1992.jpgIMG_1985.jpg

When I first saw them I was certain it was a pen deer because of the color. He is not as hardcore as most so I know he wouldnt go out of his way to show off horns he bought. Plus when I told him what it was worth he thought that was just stupid. Even though its a match only the unique one is worth anything. The shed is more impressive when its in your hands,real heavy. It had popped at the base sometime in velvet causing a double beam and multiple long browtines. If it was mine Id have a few grand in the pocket. I brought it to a buyer/seller and it would rank some where in the top thirties all time in north america for single horn, according to books. They were found in a bow only refuge at the time. I guess it prooves you gotta be lucky when shed hunting sometimes huh!

we have a few months yet...ha actually an entire Archery season is between me and my first shed!

but I CAN'T WAIT!!!

I don't know what all this talk about waiting is for. Picked up a 4 point side tonight!!!

*was doing some final food plotting and it was spotted in an area that has been sprayed twice, mowed twice, seeded, and shed hunted and it was finally found tonight. Hellen Keller may have been a better shed hunter...

When I first saw them I was certain it was a pen deer because of the color. He is not as hardcore as most so I know he wouldnt go out of his way to show off horns he bought. Plus when I told him what it was worth he thought that was just stupid. Even though its a match only the unique one is worth anything. The shed is more impressive when its in your hands,real heavy. It had popped at the base sometime in velvet causing a double beam and multiple long browtines. If it was mine Id have a few grand in the pocket. I brought it to a buyer/seller and it would rank some where in the top thirties all time in north america for single horn, according to books. They were found in a bow only refuge at the time. I guess it prooves you gotta be lucky when shed hunting sometimes huh!
if he wants that thing officially measured or entered let me know.