• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Elk River Football team suspended.

B.R.O.

Like Bobby said. Some kids take it way to far. My step son was bullied so bad that he finally ran out of school(Becker school) one day. The school called my wife and she wound up finding him hiding out by the pine trees. The irritating part was the school couldn't or wouldn't do much to help. I wanted to go have a little chit chat with one of the kid's parents but my wife wouldn't let me. Needless to say my stepson went to live with his dad to get away from the bullying.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Shack

• zepman

• Dave S

• B.R.O.

Top Posters In This Topic

That wouldn't happen in Becker just ask B.R.O.........lol sorry to hear that about your step son Jerkbait hopefully he got away from the bullying and has put it behind him and can move forward knowing that is not they way people should be treated...

and the only reason I mentioned there was no penetration is because the way it was first reported was that there was a broomstick and a shower involved. If you read or hear this it sounds really bad but in actuality it had nothing to do with showers and there was nothing perverted by the sounds of it......

My only bully story was back 83/84 when I was in second grade. It was a 5th or 6th grader who road my bus and had a heavy history of making younger boys suffer for some reason. I remember my biggest fear was the reaction from my parents and them getting involved. This bully never did more than ridicule you to no end the entire 45 minute bus ride and took things as payment to ride the bus in-leu of not getting hurt. It was a couple kids also who had to go threw this. Not huge, but it instilled enough fear in me that I came to a point where I was lost to find something worth the exchange. At that point I told my mother after trying everything in the book to get out riding the bus. My father worked 3rd shift then and after I said to not tell dad, sure enough dad had a talk with me the next day. Short of the "you always have to stick up for your self speech", he said he was going down to fix it. This made me sick lol. No kid at that age wants mom or dad to fix anything at school.

Sure enough, the next day I was called down to the office. Mind you this was in a Dis. 728 (Elk River) school and no, the principal is retired. I was told to sit in Death Row (line of chairs outside the principal's office) until I was called for. The principle's door was shut and I could hear talking. Soon the door opened and out walked the principal, the bully. I was called in next and when I came through the door, their sat my dad. laugh . I guess the principal had had enough, my dad was a willing parent and I think the kid's mother (had no father) said go ahead and by what I could hear, they chewed him out pretty good. I swear the bully had a tear in his eye when he left the office. I was told it was taken care out and could ride the bus once again. Sure enough, the school bus ride was as fun as a 45 minute school bus ride could be once again. Never had a problem the rest of the year or next. After that, I realized mom & dad were their for me and when I felt this way, I should tell them. I just do not think this would fly anymore now-a-days.

That wouldn't happen in Becker just ask B.R.O.........lol sorry to hear that about your step son Jerkbait hopefully he got away from the bullying and has put it behind him and can move forward knowing that is not they way people should be treated...

and the only reason I mentioned there was no penetration is because the way it was first reported was that there was a broomstick and a shower involved. If you read or hear this it sounds really bad but in actuality it had nothing to do with showers and there was nothing perverted by the sounds of it......

Just to be clear, my first report of the rumor I pulled did not include a shower at all. Lol. I just said hazing, racial & broom stick. Never heard anything about a shower scene.

Like Bobby said. Some kids take it way to far. My step son was bullied so bad that he finally ran out of school(Becker school) one day. The school called my wife and she wound up finding him hiding out by the pine trees. The irritating part was the school couldn't or wouldn't do much to help. I wanted to go have a little chit chat with one of the kid's parents but my wife wouldn't let me. Needless to say my stepson went to live with his dad to get away from the bullying.

The school should have booted the kid that was the problem.

If they would deal with these a&& clowns, maybe these issues would decrease.

Do not confuse hazing with bullying...it's two completely different acts with two totally different intentions all together.

This story is all about some parent way overreacting to FALSE claims and getting blown way out of proportion...it's a non-story.

This story is all about some parent way overreacting to FALSE claims and getting blown way out of proportion...it's a non-story.

This looks to be more a matter of opinion. Show the proof Zep. If you have facts to back up your statement, provide them.

As it was said in so many words earlier, broomsticks and backsides is a little more than just a made up story. Obviously there was an unwilling participant.

I'm not saying those two things weren't present...just not to the extent that some are saying.

Check the news and stay tuned...this story, barring any other RUMORS, has run it's course. No substantiated claims from any of the kids involved...it's source is ONE parent.

I think the kids made a mistake in judgement in the way they went about this but that's what kids do sometimes...make mistakes.

I'd like to know how a guy in Mankato knows so much about what happened in Elk River.

Were you there? Do you know someone on the team? Any evidence for your claim at all?

I don't know exactly what happened in Elk River but I can assure you of this...the kids involved are more than likely some of Elk River Senior Highs finest. These "initiations" have been part of the game for as long as it's been played. Again, I don't agree with the manner in which they "played" this out but in the end it's all designed to bring a team closer not pull them apart.

As a former player, past college coach, and father of two sons, I'll err on the side of the kids on this one...

I have a hard time with the word "finest" and someone that holds down another person and poke thems in the rectum with a mop handle. I guess we just see things differently.

That wouldn't happen in Becker just ask B.R.O.........lol sorry to hear that about your step son Jerkbait

Wow Ozzie I dont know if your some kind of keyboard commando with too much time on your hands or what but maybe have a little knowledge of what your talking about before spouting off. There are bullys in every school,(just like there are instigators on every web forum like yourself wink ) Beckers head coach isn't even employed by the school in any regard besides the FOOTBALL coach. You cant relate the incident that happened to his son in school at all. Unless you think a football coach is responsible for every kid in the school and their actions on the team or not.....That said I would bet any amount of money the guy wasn't on the football team. they have a higher standard set for themselves and are pretty secure in who they are, thus no need to bully to feel like a tough guy. if you dont believe me let me know and I would be happy to bring you to a practice or game with me, the coaches and players are more than open and friendly to everyone that wants to see first hand how they operate.

.the kids involved are more than likely some of Elk River Senior Highs finest. These "initiations" have been part of the game for as long as it's been played. Again, I don't agree with the manner in which they "played" this out but in the end it's all designed to bring a team closer not pull them apart.

As a former player, past college coach, and father of two sons, I'll err on the side of the kids on this one...

Really?? As a former player and father of 3 players I dont think a broom handle stuck in my A$$ would make me feel like being a closer friend.

And as a father alone god help you if you do it to one of my sons....I'll err on the side of the parents and lawyers on this one.

Zepman...O.k your right I dont have first hand knowledge but am a lot closer to the scene of the crime than you and have heard fairly reliable info that its actually as bad as I've stated. I wonder why with these accusations you would err on the kids side without the story unfolding completely? Seems to me even if its not as bad as thought the fact that its even brought up in the possibilities should be enough.. A program isn't shut down like this on unsubstantiated rumors alone.

No substantiated claims from any of the kids involved...it's source is ONE parent.

WRONG.

The claim and the source of this act comes from the student who was the victim of a perverted, sick and twisted act but still had the balls to speak up and fortunately also has a parent who knows right from wrong.

My point was none of the claims or rumors that are flying around have been substantiated by any of the kids (thus far) through their investigation. If they had, someone...probably multiple people...including coaches, would be in jail and needing an attorney.

It seems like everyone is assuming the worst without knowing all the details...I'm just saying wait for the details to come out before you judge what did or did not happen.

From what I have seen on the news, there are kids who acknowledge it did happen but are saying it's no big deal.

So, if the kids who witnessed what happened say it was no big deal, we should discredit the claim from the kid who spoke up? What kind of message does that send? Since when should we make a bunch of teenagers who witnessed what happened the jury/judge/executioner?

Part of me wants to think that this is being overblown in this "politically correct" world. However another part of me thinks this needs to be taken seriously.

I have witnessed hazing incidents (way long ago) that have gone way to far, they have gone to the point of sadism and cruelty. When you hear about a broomstick, well I guess it just raises red flags.

I hope they can get to the truth, punish any wrongdoers, and then let the team continue. The innocent players should not have to suffer. It will be hard to get the whole truth because of the pressure on the kids to protect their peers.

It will be hard to get the whole truth because of the pressure on the kids to protect their peers.

And there you have it. In Zep's world, as long as no one hangs, it's all good.

I have read all the posts on this subject and from what I can gather from all of you is that zepman is the only one that played high school football. Is what the boys did right no but it is what it is there are no willing particapents in any form of hazing exept the ones doing the hazing. But it is and always will be a right of passage. If your son or any other boy is to sensitive to handle getting hazed then they sure as he!! are to sensitive to handle playing varsity sports and should join the glee club. Football is and always will be meant to be played by the biggest and the strongest boys both physically and mentally.

Let's take a for instance during this "right of passage" as you call it. Let's just say that one of these biggest and strongest gets a lucky kick or punch in during this hazing and breaks an orbital bone, jaw, or knocks out three teeth on your son. Your son has some major medical bills, and is out for the season. Would your opionion of the hazing change, and would you look toward the hazed players parents to pay for the out of pocket medical expenses? I have been on teams, and know what types of things can happen. Back in my day the worst things to happen were nito balm put in places your may not want it, having to sing the school fight song or school hymn to the returning team members while wearing nothing but our jocks, or hiding our clothes while we showered, or putting a second padlock on our locker basket. I guess things have changed alot in 42 years.

From the around town, I can not stress how reliable with out devolving my sources, the original "rumor" would have been a "right of passage" when talking about being sent to Oak Park Height Maximum Correctional Facility. Call me "over protective", but not approving of this type of bad hazing does "not" classify me as an over reacting parent. When it comes to my kids and this kind of hazing being rumored, this is the kind of stuff I want to protect my kids from. Realistically if I neglected to (protect them) or willingly let them indulge in this kind of hazing, for one I would be charge with something, for two Social Services would come a knock'in.

Again, this pertains to the original rumors going around town. As of the next day (Friday during the summer and no one is around) nothing was being firmly said and the paper (Tribe) seemed to shine some light that the rumors from the day before were just that. [size:14pt]Rumors![/]

I did not play varsity football, but was close enough to have know of any "bad" hazing via word of mouth besides, like I said, a sophomore having to carry a seniors gear off the field after practice and maybe some (hard to remember) Friday night partying ritual that involved the sophomore(s) or junior(s) on the team to provide the beer. You made the team, no matter what grade, you were one of the Elk River Elks varsity football players. Now, if you were not and problems arose with one who was, then that is not considered hazing anymore. No matter what grade or level of skill, the football team stuck together and you did not deal with one member of the team. You dealt with anyone in the area that was on the Elks football team. Much like any small town or big town varsity football team.

Shack:

I agree with you. My comments were in reply to bottom bouncer. Like I indicated, the things that happened to us 42 years ago were pretty mild compared to what may have happened in Elk River.

Hopefully kids everywhere can learn form this one and that is that Broomsticks or the threat of a broomstick being shoved into your rectum will not be tolerated in any way shape or form what-so-ever!

I agree with the folks who think this is wrong and sick. I played varsity sports, football, wrestling, track in the late 70's early 80's. I can tell you that this type of garbage would have never happened. The worse case is your clothes might have been thrown in the gym while you were showering.

I will say that if anything like this EVER happened to my son who is a freshman and is playing football, there would be H ell to pay. The state has a zero tolerance for bullying and hazing. It is one thing to chase your clothes around in a towel but to have someone hold me down and push a broom stick toward any orifice is going to cause some huge problems.

I will share as much as I can about an incident here in the Phoenix valley a few years ago. A local small valley city fire dept hazed two new recruits. They forced one guy to eat 10 habinaro peppers and when he could not finish the last one they put it inside him. If there is anyone in the forum who thinks that is funny is just living one the wrong side of any morals.

The second guy was forced to watch p orn and when he refused was stripped down and jagged off by the rest of the crew as he was taped up. These two guys were put thru the wringer and when they complained to the fire chief, he told them it was part of the fire dept.

They went to HR when their complaints were not taken care of, one was forced out of the system (pepper guy) took a buy out. The second guy stayed in the dept, worked his way up to an officer and refused to take or be pushed out because he spoke about what happened.

The chief, asst chief, the whole shift were fired, and charged with assault. there are so many stories that happen in the fire station, that it would make your skin crawl. These are grown men and the fact that they have probably all done hazing as youth just leads to bigger issues.

I for one read the articles, and clearly the fact remains that the kids and parents are not wanting to talk to LEO now sends a message that there is a bigger problem than what is really being discussed.