• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

When the Twins make it to the playoffs.....

bobbymalone

If anything can happen,,, the Cubs win the WS. I'd beat the house payment that in the next 25 years (my lifetime) the Yanks will win at least 3-4 titles and the Cubs win NONE. Both spend lots of $$. The Cubs also buy talent,,, Lee, Soriano,Ramierz,Pierre etc.... but they don't get it done. Even their farm system doesn't get it done,, Wood,Prior, Zambrono etc... Point is,, in NY-- you better win. In CHI,, who cares, just drink Old Style. The Cubs farm system pales in comaparsion to the yanks and twins, A's, Braves, etc, becasue of leadership, and the fact that Wrigley sells out no matter the record of the Cubs-- that's a big reason the Cubs are the Cubs and the Yanks are the Yanks. Quit this nonsense about buying talent = titles.

I care...but I know it ain't life & death watching a pennant race or debating which the best team is or who has the best farm system or who buys talent/titles....and I do drink Old Style....but only to excess!

1 Title in 10 years is pretty darn good. It's just when you add Yankees to the mix.

Darn good teams ,, but how many titles do the following have:,, Rays, Braves, Padres, Twins, Rangers, Reds, Dodgers etc have in the last 10 years?? NONE.

I am a huge TWINS fan,, but I love to hate Yankee bashers who think it's just given to them. They earn it, (and until last year) did it with mostly farm talent.

P.S CUBS fans would wish for one title in 102 years-- but anything can happen!!!

I agree for the most part with you...

other than the farm system winning the World series in 2000...Clemens, Knoblach, Soriano, Justice, Cone and other acquisitions were not farm grown.

They did have a great farm core for sure!