• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Trail Camera Pics

sticknstring

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sticknstring

• Bear55

• 96trigger

• mrklean

I'd shoot him, wouldn't even think twice about it. No doubt he will be a beast next year but you have to take any opportunities given to you.

Id like to say I would pass, he does look young, but thats one nice 8 pointer you got there. It would be very tough to let him go.

First off, welcome to HotSpotOutdoors! Thanks for posting your trail cam pics - he's a nice one. Probably a 3 1/2 with a lot of growing left in him. It's always tough to judge from just one angle though. He's probably bigger than what that picture leads us to believe. When you see him from stand, you'll know if he's a shooter or not.

T Rice - I would shoot that one for sure. That is very close, if not, a 130", 8 pt.

Here are a few more buck pics.

CJ.

Picture6103.jpg

Picture6100.jpg

Picture6098.jpg

Picture6096.jpg

Picture6095.jpg

Picture6084.jpg

Picture6075.jpg

Well, for those wondering if rattling will work now, looks like some light sparring has begun. Tickling the antlers wouldn't be a bad thing, I wouldn't go all out though. Great pics.

MDGC0019.jpg

Without taking a canoe along, it was a 4 hour hike to set out two cameras where I deer hunt. Was hoping to get some nice bucks, but only got lots of does, yearlings, and this guy! Moved the cameras to some new areas and will check them again in a couple weeks when I get back up there. Can't wait!

I saw a couple of smaller bucks sparring on the side of the highway last week. As soon as the velvet comes off, I think very light rattling is always an option to use.

Love the moose pic.

Here are a couple, nothing too flashy. Seeing quite a few bucks, nothing bigger than the two eights shown. I may stick the taller 8 if I ever get a chance. Public land.

TallEight.jpg

WideEight.jpg

Fight2-1.jpg

Hard to say,but I'm leaning towards the same deer. Both appear to have a crabclaw on the left side. The deer itself looks much bigger in the body in the first picture. He's a brute regardless.

Tough call on that one, blue isn't helping much either. For your sake I hope you do have two but tend to think it is the same deer.

top buck is missing a G4...two different bucks

What the heck are you still doing around don't you have a moose tag to fill in the morning. wink Good luck and stick a giant bull.

Man, i hadn't checked this forum for about a month, just spent about an hour looking through the picks. Man, am I pumped for this year now! Gotta get the ol' 25-06 out and punch some paper just to calm the urge a little.

hard to tell with a swinging head causing blurred pictures, but it you look at the left front leg, the white seems to be the same in both pictures telling me it's the same deer.

JacobJ - Thats a tough one to guess on score, but i know one thing that its a "certified monster".

My guess in the dark would be a gross of 155 - 165. Not to bad for a buck that has a 14" inside spread, huh??

Checked my camera on our Turnup patch this weekend and realized I should have been sitting there on the 24th at 5 pm!! This guy walked by. Not the greatest tine length, but great brow tines and wide.

You can kind of see our stand in the pine tree (you can see the brown leaves we put there and a little bit on the seat) and note he is standing 10 yds broadside.

Hope he comes back in daylight again.

CJ

6012.jpg

6010.jpg

6011.jpg

Picture6106.jpg

JacobJ - Awesome buck. Any chance that buck is from central MN? I know about another buck that looks VERY similar to that buck and just wondering if it is the same deer.

RuttenBuck - I got the pics of this buck from one of my trail cams on one of our properties near Staples. A guy I know that lives there said they named him Palmy. I'm guessing by your location that this is the same buck. How do you know about the buck?