• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cliff Lee

Scott K

think the liklihood of getting Lee is less and less every day. more teams showing interest now is raising the stakes. Maybe Oswalt or Haren are still possibilities?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• Scott K

• Coach1310

• mrklean

Tomorrow, Seattle Mariners hurler Cliff Lee(notes) goes up against the team he tamed twice in the World Series last year when he was with the Philadelphia Phillies: the New York Yankees. But before then, there are sure to be a slew of rumors involving the pitcher that have him going to the Yanks, Phillies, New York Mets, Texas Rangers, Cincinnati Reds, Tampa Bay Rays, Minnesota Twins, and who knows where else.

FOXSports is reporting that an offer made by the Twins that was once believed to be Wilson Ramos(notes) and Aaron Hicks was actually Ramos and Kevin Slowey(notes). The site also mentions that the Reds and Mariners are talking possible names to trade "in preliminary fashion."

MLB.com has it that talks between the Rangers and Mariners are "heating up." The site reports that the Rangers aren't willing to trade Tanner Scheppers(notes) or Martin Perez(notes) for the ace. The Mariners reportedly want a "stud catcher" in the deal, which backs up the report from the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that one of the names the Mariners asked the Rangers about was catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia(notes).

Whoever ends up with Lee, ESPN reports that it'll take "two blue-chip prospects" and another young player to get the deal done. That's a hefty price for a guy who will be under contract for only a couple of months.

i kinda hope it blows up in the mariners face and they don't end up trading him.

i kinda hope it blows up in the mariners face and they don't end up trading him.

OR they wait too long and get lowballed, ALA, Johan to the Mets after we turned down the Red Sox better offer. That was awesome!!

OR they wait too long and get lowballed, ALA, Johan to the Mets after we turned down the Red Sox better offer. That was awesome!!

just think, we could have had Phil Hughes or Jon Lester

We didn't turn down the red sox offer they pulled it after learning what we already knew that yohan was damaged goods.

yeah havent heard anything on oswalt in awhile

Threw a 1 hit shutout today. I would take that over moon-shot Scott or stink pot Scott whatever you wanna call him!

We didn't turn down the red sox offer they pulled it after learning what we already knew that yohan was damaged goods.

Actually that was their offer and we wanted Bucholz, and they didn't wanna let him go. But hasn't Bucholz been in the minors for awhile?

Trade prospects for lee, and trade kubel or cuddyer for oswalt. We need pitching ALOT more than we need one of those guys! I thought this year would've been our best chance to get past the 1st round and maybe into the world series, but now it's looking like we won't even finish 2nd in our division.

Trade prospects for lee, and trade kubel or cuddyer for oswalt. We need pitching ALOT more than we need one of those guys! I thought this year would've been our best chance to get past the 1st round and maybe into the world series, but now it's looking like we won't even finish 2nd in our division.

I agree 100% with everything you just said!

we need to make some moves fast,i think the lee thing is dead for us to many other teams wanting in and them starting to really throw out some big time prospects, we need pitching now before the season really goes done the crapper

The only chip we have to get Lee is, Seattle needs a catcher. Now. Unless Chicago is willing to off AJ, Ramos should be pretty good looking bait.

Lee's stock keeps moving up, up, and up. I don't know why some of the bigger market teams would trade for him. They can simply offer a fat contract next year to sign him to multi year deal.

We should be buying. Our bullpen is kind of imploding with overuse; this break could not come at a better time. We have to take at least a game in Detroit or we are going to be down 5 at the break (YIKES!!)

I agree. The Twins need to make a move and make it NOW. Stop waiting around for things to happen. If they do not pull the trigger SOON the Yankees will get him and only make that team A LOT better.

oh dont worry the yanks will offer him a $190 million dollar contract next year anyway

Well now I just hope the Twins go after SOMEONE! Oswalt maybe? It's too bad the Yankees got him. I HATE seeing them be able to just go and get anyone they want.

I just saw that myself. Said Lee trade is off. Maybe we can still hold out hope that we could get this guy.

haha funny i was just looking at yahoo sports and it said yanks were front runners, i dont think any news has anything correct untill its final. look at lebron he was going to 5 different teams

Done deal: Rangers trade Smoak and 3 other prospects for Lee and reliever Mark Lowe.

At least he did not end up in the Land of 10,000 Lakes!

So much for the Twins being "different" now than before. Another prime example of being too concerned with being a decent team in the future and not making a run when the time is right. Texas didn't give up a ton from what I have read about the prospects. I guess I'm just DUMB for actually believing they were "different" and that it might happen.

A first round playoff exit, AGAIN if we are lucky!