• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cliff Lee

Scott K

Twins are turning into one of the worst run franchises in sports. Sorry, but when you have needs, you fill them. The Rangers didn't even give up that much. What a joke. Have fun down there Cliff, 120 degrees in the shade.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zamboni

• Scott K

• Coach1310

• mrklean

Cliff Lee......WHY? so many teams, so little time.....All that talent.....HAS to be another side to his story. Reminds me of a NFL player(TO), with talent, but teams couldn't unload him FAST enough......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thats absurd ....but I do understand the frustration.

Not really. They have had many opportunities to get not only this deal, but many others done and they don't. You have to spend money to make money. I hate the Yankees, but by gosh they do just that. And whats the hang up with giving up Ramos and some prospects? Ramos is a catcher, and last time I looked we re-signed the best catcher baseballs ever seen for the next 7 years, so he should be expendable. As far as the prospects aspect, there is no guarantee any prospect in baseball will work out. Lee was the pitcher that beat the Yanks in the WS twice last year, something none of our pitchers can do

The Rangers gave up too much for a half season rental IMO. I'm sure the Twins were in talks with the Ms and I glad they didn't cough up 4 players for Lee and reliever. We would be regretting that move in 6 months if the Twins pulled the trigger. Hopefully they can still put something together for a strong starter.

I hear Kenny Powers is still available grin

I dont think the Twins would be a playoff team even if they would have traded for him, they have other issues that needed to be worked out before gambling the future on 1 player. I am glad they didnt end up pulling the trigger on it. Ramos is a trade chip for us, and he still will be in the off season, no reason to give him, and a bunch of other players away to fill 1 position for a couple months.

I think had they got him, they actually may have re-signed him at seasons end. The Pohlads swear up and down they are committed to spending money, but since we didn't get the trade done, I guess we'll never know.

I think the price just got too high and the mariners held out for the best offer they could get and twins just didn't have what mariners wanted. Not sure Lee would have been a good fit for the team anyhow. I could see him butting heads with Gardy whenever Gardy would try to take him out of the game after hitting hitting that magic 100 pitch count that's in Gardy's little baseball for dummy's manual he carries around in his back pocket. (sarcasm intended)

Forget about Lee. What we need to do is trade all our pitchers to teams in our division. We should see immediate benefits especially when they pitch against us.

Forget about Lee. What we need to do is trade all our pitchers to teams in our division. We should see immediate benefits especially when they pitch against us.

Best post in awhile.

Give up the farm system for one guy? Would Cliff Lee have guaranteed a World Series, let alone a playoff appearance? For all you football minded baseball fans, I have two words for you...Hershel Walker.

Yep... I like the move for the Rangers who are a team that has never done anything at all, so long term ramifications really don't matter.

Yankee's will get him next year unfortunately.

So now that we're out of it like the last 8 years where do we go from here? "SARCASM"...LOL!

I go fishing, and not worry about what the Twins do, they can get things done without me worring about it. I will still watch, listen to them when I can.

If we had gotten Lee for only a couple months, is the deal with the Raners any different? If we don't get past the first round of the post season this year, then let's sit back and see how he does over the next couple months in Texas. He's already lost his first game as a Ranger.

If he's available for next year and he finishes this season on a high note, then hopefully we can add him next year. I agree with what's been said earlier. There's more issues on our roster that won't be fixed by adding one person.

I heard the Kool-Aid character is a pretty good "pitcher." He would be a "refreshing" change, too.

Sorry, I had to.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• mulefarm
      With the early ice out, how is the curlyleaf pondweed doing?
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...   The big basin, otherwise known as Big Traverse Bay, is ice free.  Zippel Bay and Four Mile Bay are ice free as well.  Everything is shaping up nicely for the MN Fishing Opener on May 11th. With the walleye / sauger season currently closed, most anglers are targeting sturgeon and pike.  Some sturgeon anglers are fishing at the mouth of the Rainy River, but most sturgeon are targeted in Four Mile Bay or the Rainy River.  Hence, pike are the targeted species on the south shore and various bays currently.   Pike fishing this time of year is a unique opportunity, as LOW is border water with Canada, the pike season is open year round. The limit is 3 pike per day with one being able to be more than 40 inches. All fish 30 - 40 inches must be released. Back bays hold pike as they go through the various stages of the spawn.  Deadbait under a bobber, spinners, spoons and shallow diving crankbaits are all viable options.   Four Mile Bay, Bostic Bay and Zippel Bay are all small water and boats of various sizes work well. On the Rainy River...  Great news this week as we learned sturgeon will not be placed on the endangered species list by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.     The organization had to make a decision by June 30 and listing sturgeon could have ended sturgeon fishing.  Thankfully, after looking at the many success stories across the nation, including LOW and the Rainy River, sturgeon fishing and successful sturgeon management continues.   A good week sturgeon fishing on the Rainy River.  Speaking to some sturgeon aficionados, fishing will actually get even better as water temps rise.     Four Mile Bay at the mouth of the Rainy River near the Wheeler's Point Boat Ramp is still producing good numbers of fish, as are various holes along the 42 miles of navigable Rainy River from the mouth to Birchdale.   The sturgeon season continues through May 15th and resumes again July 1st.   Oct 1 - April 23, Catch and Release April 24 - May 7, Harvest Season May 8 - May 15, Catch and Release May 16 - June 30, Sturgeon Fishing Closed July 1 - Sep 30, Harvest Season If you fish during the sturgeon harvest season and you want to keep a sturgeon, you must purchase a sturgeon tag for $5 prior to fishing.    One sturgeon per calendar year (45 - 50" inclusive, or over 75"). Most sturgeon anglers are either a glob of crawlers or a combo of crawlers and frozen emerald shiners on a sturgeon rig, which is an 18" leader with a 4/0 circle hook combined with a no roll sinker.  Local bait shops have all of the gear and bait. Up at the NW Angle...  A few spots with rotten ice, but as a rule, most of the Angle is showing off open water.  In these parts, most are looking ahead to the MN Fishing Opener.  Based on late ice fishing success, it should be a good one.  
    • leech~~
      Nice fish. I moved to the Sartell area last summer and just thought it was windy like this everyday up here? 🤭
    • Rick G
      Crazy windy again today.... This is has been the norm this spring. Between the wind and the cold fronts, fishing has been more challenging for me than most years.  Panfish have been moving in and out of the shallows quite a bit. One day they are up in the slop, the next they are out relating to cabbage or the newly sprouting lilly pads.  Today eye guy and I found them in 4-5 ft of water, hanging close to any tree branches that happened to be laying in the water.  Bigger fish were liking a 1/32 head and a Bobby Garland baby shad.   Highlight of the day way this healthy 15incher
    • monstermoose78
    • monstermoose78
      As I typed that here came a hen.  IMG_7032.mov   IMG_7032.mov
    • monstermoose78
      So far this morning nothing but non turkeys. 
    • monstermoose78
      Well yesterday I got a little excited and let a turkey get to close and I hit the blind!!
    • smurfy
      good......you?? living the dream..in my basement playing internet thug right now!!!!!! 🤣 working on getting the boat ready.......bought a new cheatmaster locator for the boat so working on that.   waiting for warmer weather to start my garden!!!
    • monstermoose78
      How is everyone doing? Holy moly it’s chilly this morning I stayed in bed and will hunt later today when it warms up.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.