• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Pretty Please Gardy?????

Coach1310

I'm pretty sure the people who voted for the AL MVP knew who had the better year between the two...LMAO at Sledles... Cuddyer was the BEST hitter in Baseball the last half of the season and Crushed Kubel who had GREAT year in EVERY category offensively. Kubell was ice and Cyder was clutch.

Sorry you 3 "sledle,fish58, greebs" were the only Twins fans who didn't enjoy it are continuing to be poor sports.

Again we understand Sled is going to act like a two year old based on how Cuddyer shoved Crow down his throat last year. I expect better out of you Greebs.

And frankly Greebs your smart enough to understand how baseball works and ALL players go through Slumps like Cuddyer, including A=Rod and Texiera and Mauer.

For the non poor sports in the thread Gardy commented today in St Paul Pioneer press on why he hasn't moved Young and isn't going to he basically did the same with AJ....LOL...in a nutshell if you are producing like that there wouldn't be any reason to make the move.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SledNeck

• PierBridge

• Big Dave2

• Coach1310

Yeah, Gardy was on the radio the other night saying the same thing. Pick your cliche, If It Ain't Broke Don't Fix It; Don't Mess With Success...

He said it all boils down to not messing with his comfort zone. I wouldn't be opposed to testing it, but I'm not one to second guess Gardy. He's in the discussion of Manager of the Year basically every year for a reason.

Can't wait to see how we fair against Johan tomorrow.

If 32 HR's 94 RBI's 75 extra base hits a .520 SLG percentage and hitting over .300 in the playoffs plus finishing 21st out 500 players in the AL MVP voting is just a good month I'll have to disagree a bit der Greebs. smile

It was a monster year that surprised most of us. Cuddyer is a 270 lifetime hitter with decent power and good glove plus the ability to play multiple positions...he had a monster year for an average MLB outfielder.

Just admit that and we'll move on!

It probably will never happen, but if it continues the way it is, what is more uncomfortable for Gardy?? Cuddy stranding runners while Delmon keeps producing or his issue with writing any name buy Cuddyer in the 5 spot. It is getting to the point where you have to think about it..., but I hope Cuddy snaps out of it and Young keeps hitting, then we have the best of both worlds.

I couldn't agree more Coach.

He's one of the many slumping hitters we have right now. I was just giving you some of the reasons why you wouldn't make the move 3 weeks ago when they both had about the same average.

He's slumping immensely and it bothers me too but it baseball and it happens to everybody!

Just joined this thread and although i like cuddy, seem to be the same mancrushers here who like cuddy that like punto and gardy. 2 words, minnesota nice.

Mancrushers.... yes and no.

Cuddy is a decent player and has done some good things for us, but in my opinion is hitting in the wrong spot right now.

Punto is very, very valuable to the Twins. You can't expect him to hit 300, but his ability to play so many positions and basically at a gold glove level is really hard to find. I don't love Nicky, but I'm glad he's here.... but if we could get Jeter for him, send him on his way smile

Gardy.... it is pretty hard to argue with what he has done. I know Kelly won two World Series, but at least Gardy is worth listening to, heck he acutally talks unlike Kelly. He has mancrushes on certain guys, but for the most part he had done well.... although I don't see it being that hard to manage a ball club... up by a run after 7 go to Guerrier or a lefty for a hitter, then to Rausch... down one in the 8th with a guy on second and Tolbert coming to bat, pinch hit Thome... most of it isn't rocket science.... but he does get his guys to play for him and to me that is the biggest part of being a manager...

Just joined this thread and although i like cuddy, seem to be the same mancrushers here who like cuddy that like punto and gardy. 2 words, minnesota nice.

Same haters too.

"I'm pretty sure the people who voted for the AL MVP knew who had the better year between the two...LMAO at Sledles... Cuddyer was the BEST hitter in Baseball the last half of the season and Crushed Kubel who had GREAT year in EVERY category offensively. Kubell was ice and Cyder was clutch."

you are getting a little carried away with this mvp talk. cuddy got one 8th place vote and one 10th place vote. kubel got one 8th place vote. I'm not saying that kubel necessarily had a better year as they both had good seasons but to say one was immensely better based on one more 10th place vote is pushing it. I seem to remember that the twins had another player who placed just a little bit higher in mvp race last year and have to think he was the best hitter on the team for the whole season. I think his name was joe something or other.

I said they both had great career seasons and Cuddy crushed Kubel in the 2nd half..which he did.

Unfortunately both and more so Cuddyer aren't having such years.

Alot of ball to be played yet, but Smith has got to be thinking of that 12 million (i think) twins option for cuddy next year. Ouch.

Even if he has the 2nd half he had last year it's doubtful we'll exercise that option.

Alot of ball to be played yet, but Smith has got to be thinking of that 12 million (i think) twins option for cuddy next year. Ouch.

bad year to be mired in an epic slump

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS --With Joe Mauer not starting as he gets a day off to rest, Twins manager Ron Gardenhire did a little tweaking with the top of his batting order.

Rather than moving Justin Morneau up to the 3rd spot as he's done when Mauer is not playing, Gardenhire shifted Delmon Young up from the eighth spot last night into the No. 3 hole for today's game.

"We have the soul patrol leading off," Gardenhire said. "We have [Denard] Span, [Orlando] Hudson, and Delmon. And that was self-proclaimed by Delmon that the soul patrol will be the top three in the lineup today."

Young's reference of course was to the Twins' original "Soul Patrol" which was the outfield consisting of Jacque Jones, Torii Hunter and Matt Lawton. And Young said that he was part of another soul patrol outfield during his time in Tampa Bay with B.J. Upton and Carl Crawford.

Even without Mauer, the Twins lineup appears pretty deep today. Michael Cuddyer is back at third base and Jim Thome gets his third straight start at DH as he sits one HR behind Harmon Killebrew (573) for 10th place on the all-time home run list.

Quote:
bad year to be mired in an epic slump

Could be worse.... like being stuck on the range "Wisconsin north" in some dive bar.. smile

Have a great 4th Sled..!

I like the move...maybe that will snap Delmon out of the little funk he's in right now which is a 4-24 slump and .154 average the last 7 days!

As always Go Delmon Go Twins!

Nice win. Really needed that one. Got scary for a few minutes, but Raucsh held em off.

Young's rbi was the 3rd run, Hudsons rbi was #2 the game winner. I certainly hope Gardy is smart enough to put Young back down in the order(7th or 8th)....1 for 4 today, so what is that now? 5 for 28? Kubel(2) and Cuddy(3) were on base all day, with NOBODY in the rbi position. That is why Young has so many rbi's on the year...Kubel and Cuddy getting on base in front of him. Thome strikes out too much nowdays. Morneau had a stretch with no rbi's because #1 and #2 hitters and even Mauer ,weren't getting on base.

Young's rbi was the 3rd run, Hudsons rbi was #2 the game winner. I certainly hope Gardy is smart enough to put Young back down in the order(7th or 8th)....1 for 4 today, so what is that now? 5 for 28? Kubel(2) and Cuddy(3) were on base all day, with NOBODY in the rbi position. That is why Young has so many rbi's on the year...Kubel and Cuddy getting on base in front of him. Thome strikes out too much nowdays. Morneau had a stretch with no rbi's because #1 and #2 hitters and even Mauer ,weren't getting on base.

The OBP of the two Twins players directly in front of Cuddy this year...

Mauer .378

Morneau .446

The OBP of the two Twins players directly in front of Young this year..

Cuddy .330

Kubel .354

Yup.... I guess Cuddy hasn't had many chances at any RBI's and Young has had more!!

I never said CUDDY hasn't had chances...he has and hit a lot of ATUM-BALLS, SO FAR. Young has had a great year, for HIM....SO FAR....but a lot of the reason for that has been WHERE HE WAS HITTING and WHO he was following. I happen to LIKE someone like YOUNG as a second clean-up hitter....rather than Punto or Tolbert etc.......HIS #ers are hard to argue with. He certainly HAD a HOT stretch...that isn't NOW.

Could be worse.... like being stuck on the range "Wisconsin north" in some dive bar.. smile

Have a great 4th Sled..!

Are you seriously going to compare God's country to Northern Wisconsin?

I never said CUDDY hasn't had chances...he has and hit a lot of ATUM-BALLS, SO FAR. Young has had a great year, for HIM....SO FAR....but a lot of the reason for that has been WHERE HE WAS HITTING and WHO he was following. I happen to LIKE someone like YOUNG as a second clean-up hitter....rather than Punto or Tolbert etc.......HIS #ers are hard to argue with. He certainly HAD a HOT stretch...that isn't NOW.

While I think we both understand the only way to get RBI's is to have guys on in front of us, how can you take away from Delmon by saying the only reason he is having a good year is because of who he is hitting behind, when Cuddy is batting behind what a lot of people would argue are 2 of the top 5-10 hitters in the American League?? I know a lot of guys are quick to mention all of the RBI's Cuddy had down the stretch last year. If Young were hitting in Cuddy's spot all this year, it wouldn't be crazy to think he would have about as many RBI's as the AL Leaders do.

I hope Cuddy gets some breaks and comes around and I hope Young keeps hitting, but Cuddy has ALWAYS benefited from hitting behind Mauer and Morneau and Young has done a great job of producing at the bottom of the lineup.

I got a new order for us. Guys may have to shift and play new positions though, and we may have to tap AAA again, but I think this is our best shot at knocking on the playoff door:

Harris

Punto

Plouffe

Valencia

Tolbert

Hughes

Ramos

Casilla

Cuddyer

Hmmm... I guess Cuddyer doesn't look so bad afterall grin

Hopefully that wouldn't be the batting order.... because Harris should be hitting about 12th in that group grin

Hopefully Cuddy comes around.... it doesn't get much better than hitting behind Mauer and Morneau.....

The BEST PLACE TO HIT is in FRONT of Morneau....pitchers don't like to pitch to him with runners on. AND after Morneau, the bases have been emptied, nobody to drive in. BEST place for YOUNG is #7....for HIM and THE TEAM GOOD. IF Young actually learns to work the count a little bit, he might move up a couple spots. I really hope YOUNG STARTS hitting again, he's slumping now.

The BEST PLACE TO HIT is in FRONT of Morneau....pitchers don't like to pitch to him with runners on. AND after Morneau, the bases have been emptied, nobody to drive in. BEST place for YOUNG is #7....for HIM and THE TEAM GOOD. IF Young actually learns to work the count a little bit, he might move up a couple spots. I really hope YOUNG STARTS hitting again, he's slumping now.

another CLUTCH night for Delmon