• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

NCAA brakets

cbrooks

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cbrooks

• scsavre

• Steve Foss

• PierBridge

I saw that Yale went to there third goaltender in the BC game.

Yeah...I read somewhere recently that Yale didn't really have a #1 goalie all season long and juggled with 3 goalies during a weekend series.

Good to see Haskstol had the Sioux peaking again this year in the NCAA's.. wink

Good to see Lucia had his rodents peaking just in time to talk to their agents. grin

Originally Posted By: PierBridge
Good to see Haskstol had the Sioux peaking again this year in the NCAA's.. wink

Good to see Lucia had his rodents peaking just in time to talk to their agents. grin

Good one! Last I heard, you actually have to get to the NCAA tourney to lose in it. winkwink

See ya on the links!.. smile

I wish. I spent five golf-obsessed years playing 18-36 holes a day in summer before saying: My name is Steve, and I have a golfing addiction." If I took up golf again, I'd be minus a wife in about five minutes.

Yeah, but the Sioux get in the bracket with BC...and for some reason, BC has has UND's number for the past few years.

Wisconsin should come out of their regional to the Frozen Four; Denver will beat RIT, but will have trouble with the Cornell/UNH winner. However, I'll take Denver to rebound and get to the Frozen Four. I would love to take UND to have three WCHA teams in the Frozen Four, but Boston College just has their number...I'll pick BC out of their regional.

Michigan is my tournament dark horse. They were on the outside looking in, until they won 6 straight and won the CCHA tournament. Only Denver and Miami-Ohio have more wins (27) than Michigan (25), along with RIT (26) which had a weak schedule. Michigan has as many wins as North Dakota, BC, and Wisconsin...all #1 or #2 seeds. I'll take Michigan to beat Bemidji State and then upset Miami-Ohio to go to the Frozen Four.

And I'll put BC and Wisconsin in the Championship Game...

Two out of four. I either underestimated RIT, or overestimated Denver. Probably both. My Michigan pick was looking all right right up until the end. And I still have my Championship matchup on the board, and looking good...

Here is the Frozen 4

Miami

BC

Denver

WIsc

Wisc

UND wins all.

Looks like my prediction is alive, 3 out of 4. I didnt pick any upsets so its like all that impressive to just guess the best teams.

North Dakota and the Gophs just werent that good of teams this year. They will be fine next year. Id say the Gophs were a little more consistent with their woes, but the head to head was what? 3-2-2 in favor of North Dakota. I dont see how that got all you NoDak guys so excited. I wonder if any of the Nodak guys are trying to leave. The hole not showing up in the NCAA tourny would worry me some. Whenever the Gophs did that a few players had pretty much already left.

Im still picking Wisconsin.

but the head to head was what? 3-2-2 in favor of North Dakota. I dont see how that got all you NoDak guys so excited.

It's a rivalry. We take small victories and enlarge them and rub your noses in it. You do the same to us. That's what makes it a rivalry. gringringrin

Go Wisconsin! smilesmile

Hey Mr. Foss, are you and your Badgers worried about playing the Rochester Institute of Hair, or whoever they are?!? They're the 2010 Holy Cross team!

In the words of Howard Cosell - Down goes Frasier Bucky...Down goes Frasier Bucky! grin

Hey Mr. Foss, are you and your Badgers worried about playing the Rochester Institute of Hair, or whoever they are?!?

Well I'm not worried, though I'm sure the Badgers must be to some degree. Heck, my team lost and is already back home. The Badgers are just my second-favorite NCAA Div. 1 hockey team, and they are pretty far down the list from No. 1. smilesmile

• 2 weeks later...

It's pretty quiet on here considering it's the night before the Frozen Four. Is it just me, or does the week and a half long wait really take away from the Frozen Four's excitement?

If the Sioux were in the FF I'd be all over these boards like stink on ****. As it stands, while I'm pulling for the Badgers, it's not that big a deal for me now.

If any teams I wanted to win were in there - I would be excited. But it is hard to keep the excitement up with this extra week in there and no Beavers or Sioux.

Even though my team didn't make it I'll still be watching the games today. Both games will be on ESPN 2 4:30 and the second on at 7:30. Not alot of diehard badger hockey fans here. Go buckies.

Its safe to say that Wisconsin will be playing in Saturdays final. Go Wisconsin.

Wisconsin will face Boston College on ESPN 2 on Saturday at 6PM central. It will be a rematch of the 2006 final.

Happened pretty much how I thought, maybe said. Who knows. I sure sound smug here.

I am still picking Wisconsin to win it all. At least the WCHA can get back on top. Maybe the next 3 will go to the WCHA......

Go Badgers......

Stinking Sioux

Honestly how does BC make everyone else look so slow? Most all teams have some speed in this day and age but those guys can fly.

BC I notice have been going with the smaller faster players and they have been pretty successful in tourament time the last few years. They own UND the last few times I know.