• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

LET'S SEE YOUR SUMMER RIDES , RIGS ... PICS PLEASE

toomanyjigs

boat1-1.jpg

boat2.jpg

This will be my first boat purchased 100% on my own. I've generally been much more into icefishing, but can't wait to polish up on my open water skills. Nothing fancy, just a 14 foot shallower lund to get out on my hometown river and by the cabin upnorth! I'm excited to pick it up from HSO's own fishinfey8 in a week or so. Thanks to the site and Elliot(fishinfey8). He's a great guy to meet and deal with!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Deitz Dittrich

• hamms-scooter

• bassNspear

• NTW

boat1-1.jpg

boat2.jpg

This will be my first boat purchased 100% on my own. I've generally been much more into icefishing, but can't wait to polish up on my open water skills. Nothing fancy, just a 14 foot shallower lund to get out on my hometown river and by the cabin upnorth! I'm excited to pick it up from HSO's own fishinfey8 in a week or so. Thanks to the site and Elliot(fishinfey8). He's a great guy to meet and deal with!

Hory-you will love this boat! I actually helped Elliot out on the restoration process back when he fixed it up. He put a lot of time into it and it is a great fishing boat. I did a very similar restore on my 16 ft Lund and I inspired Elliot to build the front casting deck + storage on his boat. I have fished with Elliot for many many hours in this boat, and you will thoroughly enjoy it!

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like the setup I would like to have.Nice open layout not to big easy to pull. good walleye /crappie rig! Nice buy!!!

this is an 04' lots of miles on her but still going strong

skeeterportside5-3.jpg

skeeterportrear5-3.jpg

allways looking to upgrade somthing though

Some fantastic boats, sure makes me want to live near water, find a nice boat, trailer and go boating. The couple pictures with the sea horse motors bring back memories of my grandparents cabin. we had 14 alum boat with a 8 hp seahorse. what a blast, we were in tall cotton when we got to take the motor out. someday.

06' ZX2050 w/ 300 Yammi. All rigged up and ready for Opener!

*I guess I cant figure out how to add pics* Will try again

a photographer for the local newspaper snapped this shot of me heading back into the landing yesterday.

16322_512.jpg

1964 Alumacraft, 8 horse Evinrude.

Here is my baby...

boat.jpg

Too bad you didn't have a professional do your registration numbers. He probably would gotten them straight and put the state sticker in the right place. blushgrin

Sorry Deitz, just bustin' your chops.

LOL @ Don--- I do need to redo them.. LMAO I was in a hurry though.. You know how it goes..

boat1-1.jpg

boat2.jpg

How do you like this rig so far... I was thinking about trying to get it somehow from fishinfey8... You enjoying this nice little boat? any new pics of her? sorry i'm obsessed with it..........

Hey Stick Em,

Were you fishing Missippi Pool 2 out of St Paul Park on Saturday May 22nd? I was down atthe launch around 1030 and i happened to see a trailer hooked to i think it was like a tannish grey tahoe or suburban, and it had Josh Douglas on the back of your truck. Just wondering if that was you or not...

Chris

Is that a 14 ft' or a 12'? Love old aluminum boats.

a photographer for the local newspaper snapped this shot of me heading back into the landing yesterday.

16322_512.jpg

1964 Alumacraft, 8 horse Evinrude.

Is that a 14 ft' or a 12'? Love old aluminum boats.

14' and super shallow.

I have yet to see another aluminum boat anywhere that's as shallow as mine.

DSC00953.jpg

I don't know if this'll show you, but the hull doesn't even come up to my knees in the back, just about mid-shin level. She rides like a canoe and can sneak through about 4 inches of water if it's just me in there.

Looks like the one my younger brother just got for "nothing" !!! Its a 77 lowe 14' scout v with a 6 hp evinrude. It is exactlt like you are saying, like a canoe.It is sweet on the river and not so sweet on lake with a wind. When the water is like glass that little boat is pretty cool! Motor just purs! He wouldn't sell that thing for $1000 bucks I don't think. Even though just a striped down light simple little rig it's perfect to him! He uses the oars alot to to get into some hard to get to places.

yeah my boat sees a lot of time on the river, not so much on the lakes though with someone in the front seat or if I set my battery up there, it cuts through the waves just fine.

Just fine meaning it's loud and maybe a little painful, but we stay dry.

Hamms... I haven't changed much with the boat from fishinfey8. I am glad to note that it has seen a lot of time on the water this summer, nearly every-other day. Everything about it seems perfect for me. I even took it to an electric only lake today for trout and the boat was so light it worked great for hours with only a 30lb thrust minnkota. Before summer is over the trailer will be redone. Right now it is a tiltable style trailer, but I will be welding it into a one piece trailer. I am going to add fenders that are capable of being stepped on, submersible led light kit, new wheels, and some post guides for loading on my own at the river. I will probably also sand down and repaint any of the frame that isnt replaced. Nothing with the trailer really needs changing, but it will just be upgrades. Luckily I have some relatives that are willing to help me finish it in a weekend. When it is done I'll try to remember and post some pictures. As for the boat itself, the most I will have to do is maybe sand some spots down and touch up little nicks from trailering over the years. Eventually I may look into upgrading the motor, but for now the older 15 horse evinrude pushes the boat fine with 2 people and light gear. Everything elliot did in restoring the boat is amazing, and I couldn't have found a more perfect first boat.

I agree with you there and thanks for the update. Now I will be truthfull, I was hope you were hating the whole thing and wanting to sell smile... No I'm glad to hear you enjoy that nice setup. Looking for one now! I'm leaning towards a 16 ft I found with a 35 hp johnson on it. If I got a 14' I would want the widest deepest one possible. Length wouldn't bother me so much in fact it would fit in the garage better.:) Anyway great to hear and post some pics!

"Everything elliot did in restoring the boat is amazing, and I couldn't have found a more perfect first boat." This is one of those cases where if you need another boat for some reason you just go buy one.... that boat is to nice to let go.

Hory- sounds like you have been enjoying the boat. I like the mods you have planned for the trailer. Any lunkers in the boat yet? I know i've caught alot of nice fish out of that rig. I'm glad it ended up with your family. It sounds like it will be used for a long time.

Hamms- it was tough to let go, but I found the right woman. The sale of the boat helped finance some bling, and that is the only circumstance in which I would've ever sold this rig. Boy oh boy I hope I get brownie points! Haha...i've already started looking for a new boat...my guess is that it will only take one summer of being boatless before I go crazy and buy a new boat. I guess I look at it this way, show the woman you care by giving up what you love to do most (for one summer), and use it as an excuse to get a bigger boat! My gf loves fishing so it won't be hard to convince her that we need a boat!

Happy for you fishinfey8! I would've done the same thing.....I think.jk now you can look for that 16' you want. I am close to picking up a 16' lund with a 25 or 30hp.... I am giving up the wheeler to generate the cash to get a different setup. I will end up with one just like what I want and I keep looking at the pics on here of your old rig and hory's new pride and joy for some reason just to torture myself until I get one! Anyway hope you are getting out on the water enough with some buddies.You deserve it after what you gave up smile Oh and cool she likes to get out! My wife just started going with me more and it's a blast! We just had our second child in march,Son is 2 in august, so it is kinda a nice get away for us. Good luck and post pics of your next project!

Corey20 How fast will your boat go with the 300

My best is 64.7, the boat was pretty empty at the time and one less battery up front. Fully rigged, 4 batteries, bow mount, gear, 2 guys....etc runs anwhere from 61-62. And yes that is GPS, the dream speedo reeds around 71 lol.

OK I finally got some pictures of my boat (Some before paint and some after) My boat is a '73 Crestliner powered with a mighty 6 horse Evinrude! Purchased boat and trailer for $700 and the motor was $200 bought with a different boat! The boat gets dirty and the red paint doesn't look nearly as good in pictures. The white paint on bottom looks really really good though. All of it done with spray paint. Still hope to go with a flat white on the inside, and paint up the trailer at some point!

One before the process of removing decals and sanding.

Picture11.jpg

Another one before painting.

Picture10.jpg

Outside painted - the red doesn't look great in the photos though.

Picture006.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture003-1.jpg

Some of the inside - I also have a 3rd seat that I need a clamp for on the middle bench seat.

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg