• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Superior Fishing Reports

Loonasea and I hit the south shore and had a few bumps but no releases. From what we heard at the access from the checker dude that most of the fish came out of deeper water and that the Mn side was a little better.

We did talk to the Ws. CO and asked about the reason for so many Kings and he said that they are coming down from Ontario. They are the only one stocking Chinooks in Lake Superior. He said that combined with the cooler water temps and the abundance of herring they have stuck around and it will more then likely not happen again for a while so enjoy it while it last.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Jim Almquist

• tacklejunkie

• 2thepointsetters

We went past it but not a long ways past before we ran out of bait fish and we would turn around to get back in the mud and the bait fish.

fished the mn shore out of mcquade the last two days with out so much as a release.this cold water really seems to have shut them off.

The warmest water I could find was about 48.

We went past it but not a long ways past before we ran out of bait fish and we would turn around to get back in the mud and the bait fish.

Clean water is more important than bait fish when it comes to that dirty water in my experiences out there. I hope it cleans up out there before its time to put the boat away. More rain and wind now. mad

has anyone temped the northshore? was looking to go out today and was wondering what the water temp is. is teh fishing still as [PoorWordUsage] as it was last week?

I'm wrapping it up on the Pond for the year. The laker season closes at the end of this month and it's tough for me to get out

Time to hit the river and the inland lakes for some fall walleye fishing and I got three Rainy River/ Lake of The Woods trips lined up in Oct and Nov.

It was a decent year on lake Superior. Can't complain

Gonna head outta Duluth tomorrow AM and see if I cant put a couple in the boat to smoke. Garfield to the northshore and we'll see whats around.

X

Ill be on the pond as well. Bankers hours out of Loonsfoot. If its too windy Ill be pulling cranks in the bay and up river a abit. Maybe jig some new plastics I ordered up. Bass Assassin 4 inch paddle tails that work awesome on Rainy River. Some great colors and awesome action. Should be the ticket for these fall walleyes around here as well.

Well as long as you fishing that is a good thing i am ready i will be home the 20th and out on the pond 23rd ready to do some fishing again. I have one week to get it done? I will not make it back for a long time. So i have a short trip and to try to do every thing well that will not happen but it will be fun.

Ill be on the pond as well. Bankers hours out of Loonsfoot. If its too windy Ill be pulling cranks in the bay and up river a abit. Maybe jig some new plastics I ordered up. Bass Assassin 4 inch paddle tails that work awesome on Rainy River. Some great colors and awesome action. Should be the ticket for these fall walleyes around here as well.

Northlander, I sent you an email. Hope to hear back. Thanks.

KC

Got out on the big lake for one last hoora,,,found lots of muddy water and some nice clear water by the Superior entry with lots of fish showing up on the graph ,,,no biters there so we shot all the way to the Brule ,,,still no biters there either,, but we still had lots of bait and fish on the graph,,,not many boats out there ,,,but we sure heard lots of gun fire from waterfowl hunters

Good Luck to any one who gets out before it gets too cold

LAS

We were up at Hawk Ridge yesterday, and drove up the shore as far as Tofte, and the warm day and light winds really brought out the boats. They were everywhere, it seemed, on the Big Lake.

Anybody got reports from yesterday?

My report is that I sunburned my face by noon smile

Trolled spoons for 4 hours without a nudge. Started at the apartments on the north shore and went up past the park. Counted 16 boats in the general vicinity at that point but never saw a net in the water while I was there.

Fished 30-115', was running solo so it was a bit hard to experiment much. Marked fish suspended around 30' and some on the bottom but they had no interest on any of the dozen Flashback colors I sent down.

I'll definitly be out on thursday after dropping off Junior at school. Just hoping for a couple redfins for the smoker at this point.

I don't have much experience on this end of lake superior, but growing up in Washburn WI, I fished the shorlines of cheq. bay and the apostle islands and did well for trout/salmon right until ice up. Does the fishing not stay consistent on this end that long? Just wondering why so many guys are hanging it up for the season already? I'm just getting pumped for whats ahead..... hopefully!!

Hoping to get out after work on Weds and Thurs for the last run of the season.

Joel let me know if ya need someone in the boat. I have both days off.

I am hoping to get out around 4PM or so. Rather than fight traffic and try to get to the McQuade I'll probably shoot out from the Garfield. I have room Northlander so I'll send you an email.

Got out tonight for a few hours. Got 4 Lakers and missed one. Dodger/Fly bite for sure tonight. We fished up passed the Lester in 128 FOW and all the hits came at 112-120. Hoping to get out tomorrow for the last Lake Trout run of the season.

Thanks Joel for taking me out on such a beautiful day and showing me some new tricks for my arsenal. Was pretty cool to catch fish even after all the reports we had been hearing were that it was SLOW. I hope you guys do good tomorrow. Im going to hit the pond early and go shallow to start and see if I can get some loopers/salmon and maybe even shallow lakers to play.

Our big lake report goes like this. 4 for 5 on lakers all on meat rigs close to bottom in 120-130'. Spoons and everything from copper, riggers to 1# balls did nothing.

fishing has been great this week!. Most have been perfect eaters at 18-20 inches, with one 28 released.

finished up the laker season with only two skunkings under my belt! awesome year for me. I learned a lot of new techniques that really helped put more fish in the boat, caught my first chinook trolling out of superior.

My only dissapointment of the year was not having my boat for two months, and not putting a fish over 28 inches in the boat.

So Chrome is where you got them and on what a secret. After all today was the last day of lakers on the pond.

My report is like this.

Hit the SS and tried that from 1st light til about 10:30. Not much to show but 2 small shore trout both came on a gold deep diving #10 X-rap that gander had in the 1/2 off bin last week.

I then decided to go troll from Lester to McQuade. I trolled there and back and got nothing.

Went out deeper and marked fish in frnt of the pumphouse in 65' of water and there was a bunch and nice marks about 10' off bottom but they didnt want anything I had.

Joel how did you guys do tonight?