• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Olympic Hockey

OnAFly

Half way through the game 7-2 Canada, and that is why we don't want to see Canada again. A motivated Canadian team playing at home with many of the best players in the world is a scary thing. I was happy when we beat them but at the same time I kind of had this uneasy feeling in my stomach.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bear55

• scsavre

• OnAFly

• harvey lee

I didnt see that coming. The Russians got pushed around and didnt match up at all. Looked like they were trying to play as strictly European as they could. I think there was a major problem with their game plan. You cant rely on bouncing off checks and making 70 foot passes to beat a nhl style team.

Canada obviously looked good. I am nervous for team a USA vs Canada matchup. But i think we play way smarter and have a lot better game plan. Our physical play helps. I dont know what Russia was thinking.

I watch the game between the Finns and the cezchs. What a good game that was it could have gone either way the finns got a break when a helment of one of the defensemen for the cezchs fell off he went to retreive and the finns scored in the process. It was a tight game.

The only way I can see us beating Canada again is if we score in the first 3min of the game, but if they score first its over that home country crowd will be defining.

the russians lost that game more than the canadians won it. what a terrible game plan. worst goalie management i've ever seen as well

that said i still think Canada is the team to beat

The Canada vs. Russia game was an absolute waste of time. Russia looked flat, I won't even begin with coaching decisions.

Anyone catch the Slovakia vs. Sweden game?

I was a little disappointed that the slovaks won last night. I think Canada will roll right over them. Canada is going to outshoot them 45-15, and i dont see their goalie letting in any less than 5 goals. The Slovaks turn into whimps pretty quick. The Canadians are going to push them off the puck, and off their game in no time.

The sweeds would have matched up a lot better. This is the best the Slovaks have ever done. They really better hope Dimitra's shot is on, cause scoring from the point is the key to beating canada.

Everything is falling in to place for the Canadians. Us kicking their tails, just made em mad.

Oh and as far as USA vs Fin, anything can happen here. there is no way we are looking past this game. I think we are still underdogs here. We need to come out flying, hitting and playing straight up and down hockey. We need to keep those greasy Fins outside the face off dots.

I dont know how the game will be reffed, but it shouldnt be too hard to ruffle the Finish feathers. Holly smokes are they a bunch of spazes. The Fin team has by far the most experience and their goal-tending has been pretty good as well. But so has ours.

By the way, I found nothing wrong with the Semin hit on Boyle in the Canada/Russia game. I watched it 10 times, hands werent up or anything. Boyle just hadnt been hit in 2 games and let his guard down. The annoucers are getting a bit canada crazy as well.

By the way, I found nothing wrong with the Semin hit on Boyle in the Canada/Russia game. I watched it 10 times, hands werent up or anything. Boyle just hadnt been hit in 2 games and let his guard down. The annoucers are getting a bit canada crazy as well.

I completely agree. Boyle lost his edge/balance shortly before going into the corner. It happens. The announcers then decide to badmouth Semin after Boyle gave him the slew-foot saying that Semin's hit was CHEAP!? Open your eyes! Did you hear Mike Milbury call Russia "euro trash" after the game? Geesh buddy, way to analyze. There's no doubt that Russia didn't play well but the bias is pretty obvious IMO.

Yep it was a bit of a shocker to see the game blown wide open, Russia biggest weakness was their defense and Canada took advantage of it and then some. Both teams are very talented, Canada just wanted it more, they have an extra gear that no other team has. Russia is all talent and no heart, had Canada been down 3-1 or 4-1 early in the game you just expect them to come roaring back at some point.

Really hard to say what will happen in the semi, the US game can go either way. I can't see Canada losing but lets hope they are looking past the Slovaks.

Russia was stubborn and didn't change their strategy. They kept being really aggressive and leaving all those wide open passing lanes. Turnovers led to quick man-advantage breaks for Canada

I couldnt believe the Euro-Trash comment. Not somthing you would expect the commentator to say in the olympics. Sounds like they were pretty mad that the Russians declined a scheduled interview. Honestly though, you are here to play hockey. Its not the NHL, media time isnt in your contract. Let em skate, without the media trying to control everything.

Is it just me or Does MIke Emrick look like he might just fall over at any moment. I kept thinking it was really Dana Carvey doing an old SNL skit of Ross Perot.

Thanks for reminding me about that. They did make a point to say that the Russians declined interviews. I can respect that. As you pointed out scsavre media time isn't in the contract. These boys are playing for national pride and a chance at a gold medal. That's pretty special.

In regards to "Doc" he does look to be getting old. Has anyone else noticed the strange camera angles that they seem to put these commentators into during the olympics? The guy that commentates for curling has a similar angle where the camera appears to be overhead and they are looking up to the camera. It looks awkward on camera. Just an observation.

Ok USA/Finland at 2:00, this one is going to be close. I looked a little closer at Finland roster and they have a heck of a team. US has and edge on offense, both have excellent goalies, you might give a defensive edge to the Fins because of their overall team approach to D. I see this as a very close 1-2 or 2-3 game and maybe OT, please whatever happens don't let this game be decided in a shootout!!!

I expected a much better game from Finland, but Team USA is just exposing the Fins lack of physicality on defense.

So yeah, I think the US is going to win this one. grin

SO, I guess the Canadian team should be pretty much be shaking in their boots at this point.

I am not suprised by how well they are playing but, its been almost perfect for the first period.

I do not believe the goalie for Finland even knows what happened.

If we are fortunate enough to win today and Canada also later, that will be one very tough game for the USA.

Ok I'm a little late to the party (darn work) and I think I need to get my eyes checked. The live stream says 6-0 USA, how is this even possible?

6-0 in the first....Wow. The announcers are trying their best to say everything other than the Fins are sucking it up.

I expected a much better game from Finland, but Team USA is just exposing the Fins lack of physicality on defense.

I dont think its that Team USA just looks to me like they came ready to play and finland just looks flat footed right now

Jee-whiz what a joke. I almost left early to watch this. I'm thankful I didn't.

Still lot's of game left to play. Here's to hoping the USA can sustain the pressure and keep the puck out of our net.

Just caught some of the highlights, this is just crazy!!! I really wish I could be sitting at home with a beer in my hand right now.

After the Canada/Russia game and now this it appears the key to Gold is to blow the game open in the first period and crush the hopes and dreams of the other team. Then kick them when they are down and score a few more goals.