• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Rather_B_Fishing

Are folks driving trucks out on Blue and/or Green yet? How thick is the ice now? Thanks.

monstermoose78

15-23 inches in most areas 

Don’t drive through the narrows on blue headed towards little blue you will sink your truck.

monstermoose78

Yes lots of truck traffic

Cret Jigs

I will be out on Blue on Saturday morning. ... see you out there 

monstermoose78

Saw you !!

Brandon Klatt

Went up to Knife lake today to see if i could find some slab crappies. After drilling countless holes and only 1 crappie to show for it was thinking about packing it in. Then i notice a mark 1ft under the ice, bam a nice 12in slab. fished 2:45-8pm, bite was good 6:30-8.  Caught a good amount of crappies, key was to be 6-8ft of water and most fish were 1-4ft down. All crappies were released, with how hard this lake gets its nice to see there's still slabs in there and wish the DNR would put a 5 crappie limit on the lake, even down to 3 would be great. 

• Thumbs Up 3

gimruis
8 hours ago, Brandon Klatt said:

All crappies were released, with how hard this lake gets its nice to see there's still slabs in there and wish the DNR would put a 5 crappie limit on the lake, even down to 3 would be great. 

Well played.  Wish more people had that attitude.  Even a reduced statewide limit and/or a minimum keeper size would be fine by me.

Brandon Klatt

Exactly, a 5fish limit would do wonders.

• Thumbs Up 1

MinDak Hunter

Hit Green for a couple hours this afternoon, almost zero traffic and the sunnies were active. It’s nice to see this lake is back!

• Thumbs Up 2

monstermoose78
1 hour ago, MinDak Hunter said:

Hit Green for a couple hours this afternoon, almost zero traffic and the sunnies were active. It’s nice to see this lake is back!

Green has some nice gills. Glad to hear they are biting

• Thumbs Up 1

JBMasterAngler

Fished Little Stanchfield for the first time on Friday. Was kind of refreshing to fish a lake fairly close to home, with no developed shorelines 😊 Was about 14 or 15 inches of ice. Some people were driving, but we walked. Was a fun outing. I spent very little time actually fishing. Was mostly teaching my son how to read the vexilar, coax the fish to bite, and how/when to set the hook. Marked a lot of fish, but they were finicky. We left before it got dark, but it seemed more fish were showing up, and getting more active as evening progressed.

8C8BA5D5-EFC2-4D2C-B1E0-CF59FE033E48.jpeg

4F9D289C-EA51-4874-BCC2-96295E727C28.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

leech~~

Looks like he was having fun! 😊

I like his sleeve closer Mod! 😉

Hate his Hat! 🤨   😆

Edited by leech~~

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Minnesota walleye are being caught at a variety of depths with 24-27’ being the most consistent. Glow red with gold has been a hot combo this week. Rattle baits continue to draw active fish to our houses. Sauger activity has been very strong, providing Anglers the opportunity for full limits before new regulations take effect on March 1st. New limit regulations give a combination of six walleye/sauger with no more than 4 walleye. The slot of 19.5”-28 must be immediately release with one walleye over 28’ to be allowed in possession.

Canadian crappies are still filling buckets and freezers, they can be found near the bottom in 32-35ft. Super light tackle and willingness to keep trying different jig combinations is producing the most fish.  Many tulibee are being seen this week, which make for a tasty treat out of the smoker.  Walleye fishing continues to be very good in traditional areas, depth at 23-28ft. 

Snow depth in our areas is between 2 and 2.5 ft. Trails are in great condition after last weeks snow and wind conditions. 

Until next week, 
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

On the Minnesota side, we are finding Perch, Walleye and Sauger, with 23-25 ft in the gravel being the most succesful. A lot of fish pulled from these areas were found to be preying on crawfish and spitting them up upon surfacing.  Pink and white has been the top producing color combo once again. It is equally important to keep charging your glow lures. During periods of extreme cold the Dead-stick was most effective. Very nice Saugers are still being caught out of 28-29 ft.  The best action has been early and late in the day. 

Canada has been providing mixed bags, seeing Perch, Crappie, Walleye and big Northerns.  A couple of limits of big crappies again this week, 30-33ft being the most successful depth. Big walleye and northern found in Little Traverse on rock reefs. 

We received 8+ inches of snow within the past few days, trails have large drifts that are hard to see, take caution in low light conditions until trail can be groomed.

Until next week,
      Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!
      Fishing remains consistently strong on the Minnesota side this week. Many species are quick to bite leaving anglers with a very mixed bag at the end of the day. We saw multiple 40+ inch Northern, many Perch, even a Lake Trout among an already strong Walleye bite. 22-24 ft on gravel bottom surrounded by mud has been our best spots. Be sure to charge up any Glow tackle in use, with the increasing snow cover, glow or lighted lures have been hot. Pink/white and gold are also very effective on sunny days.
      The Canadian bite just keeps getting better! Crappies can be found in 30 foot holes while 22-26 ft flats on break lines have been hot for a Sauger/Walleye mix.
      Remember to stick to well-traveled trails as most have not been staked/marked as of yet.
      Until next week!
      Sunset Lodge

• jtnjenn
      By jtnjenn
      What are ice depths in the metro right now?
    • Hatto018
      By Hatto018
      So the weeks betwixt point and click and smoke pole deer hunting always have my ire up to get that last Musky Missile into my hands.  Gotta scrub that slime into my glove until next year.  Going to give the Mississippi below Falls a try here in a few hours.   Might find it frozen, might find a spot to get in.   I'll bring my boat because I'm an optimist,  but I'll bet the kayak is where i end up.   
      Wish me luck, otherwise I have a scheme on my mind for my favorite frozen central mn musky lake. 

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Water temperatures are holding in the low 50's but expect them to continue to drop this week with temperatures in the high 30's and even snow in the forecast.

Both Minnesota and Canadian walleye fishing are on fire with only a jig and shiner or minnow needed. Look for Walleye in areas of current, pinch points between islands or rocky bays. Fish are currently shiner dependent in 17-25 feet.

Crappies are being found away from the rocks suspended over mud bottoms in 24-28 feet.

Perch can be found on deeper reefs topping out at 28 feet. 

Muskie trolling is off to a great start and will only continue to get better as the water temperature reaches into the high 40's. 

We will be closing down for ice in October 22nd - we hope to see you before then for some late fall fantastic fishing!

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!

Lake of the Woods water temps are steadily falling into the mid to low 50’s. This past week cold fronts and strong winds have fish schooling up and feeding heavily.

In Minnesota, look to rocky bays and adjacent reefs in 15-22ft. of water.  A jig and minnow is all that is needed to catch a limit in a short period of time. Bottle necks between islands in the NW Angle are also worth fishing in the evenings.

In Canada, the fishing has been excellent.  Crappie, walleye and perch are all schooling up and taking a jig and minnow.  With the water temperatures dropping, expect to see the muskie bite increase while trolling. 

We will be closing October 22nd for ice in! Contact us for availability for your fall fishing trip!

We hope to see you soon,
      Sunset Lodge

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the main basin... Very strong walleye fishing continues with the jig bite picking up.  Charters finding limits of eater walleyes with big fish mixed in.  Crankbaits, spinners / crawlers and jigs with frozen shiners in main basin successful. 15-31 feet of water producing good numbers of walleyes across south shore with very good numbers in front of gap. Shiners showing up at mouth of Rainy River as well as up the Rainy River. 
      On the Rainy River... With shiners entering the river, eater walleyes showing up as well.  Anglers reporting success both jigging and pulling crankbaits.  Walleye activity will be increasing as shiner run continues.  

Up at the NW Angle... Strong numbers of walleyes being caught on mud flats and around Garden Island. 15 - 25' is a good start.  Spinners, crankbaits and jigging all producing.  Some nice jumbo perch mixed with walleyes.  Muskie activity picking up as water is cooling.  Next full moon, Sep 24.  Crappie anglers are producing big black slabs.  

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      Hello from the NW Angle!
      Minnesota walleye action remains strong with spinners in mud bottomed areas near reefs using both minnows and crawlers. Fish can also be found in shallower water (15ft. or less) around Garden Island. Crankbaits seem to be the most effective at enticing larger fish. 
      Canadian walleye fishing has been fabulous this past week. The jig and minnow bite is on! Multiple boats ran out of bait and had just as much success switching to plastics. Bottom bouncing with crawlers remains effective in soft bottom areas as well.  Crappies continue to school up on deep water points. Hot windows of muskie bites have become shorter but still with good success.  Plenty of fish in the 4ft plus range and even a couple over 50!
      Water temps remain stable between 64-67 degrees. 
      See you soon!

Sunset Lodge

• Sunset Lodge
      By Sunset Lodge
      9.4.18 Sunset Lodge Fishing Report

Hello from the NW Angle!

In Minnesota, walleye fishing remains best with deep trolling minnow baits in 22-27 feet of water.  These same areas will provide action with a spinner and a minnow, however crawlers are still producing fish.  In the coming weeks, jig and minnow fishing will be the go to with fish stacking themselves on points and current areas. 

Canadian walleye action remains strong on bottom bouncer and spinner rigs with either a crawler or minnow.  Walleye are starting to school tighter making jig and minnow fishing very effective. Fall fishing is starting to heat up and we are seeing crappies schooled up on deep points.

Surface water temps are currently in the low 70’s throughout the day. 

We hope to see you soon!

Sunset Lodge

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• gunner55
      Same here, our 1st color unit, 520 c(?), had that type of transducer(blue/5 pin) & it didn't last 1, maybe 2 seasons. We replaced it & the 2nd lasted much longer.
    • jkrash
    • jkrash
      It's gone, looks like there tearing out the concrete now.
    • delcecchi
      I had a lot of problems with Lowrance transducers of that sort of vintage, the ones with the blue connectors.   It seemed to me that they didn't deal well with being frozen.   Now I store my transducers inside in the winter (I know that isn't possible when ice fishing).   I went through 3 or 4 transducers before realizing the problem.   Try borrowing a transducer to try.   Sounds exactly like what mine did.  Gradually lost sensitivity and would lose the bottom. 
    • Rick
      Conditions for snowmobile riding in many parts of the state are as good as they’ve been in a long time, prompting what Department of Natural Resources conservation officers call the biggest number of riders in years to hit the state’s 22,000 miles of snowmobile trails. While zipping around on a sled is a great way to experience Minnesota’s snow-covered outdoors, Enforcement officials remind riders to leave the booze on the shelf or in the refrigerator until after they’re done riding. Alcohol is a factor in more than 70 percent of snowmobile-related fatalities in Minnesota. And it isn’t just intoxicated drivers who pay the price for their bad decisions. Earlier this month, Eric Coleman was sentenced to 12.5 years in prison for a tragic incident last year when the snowmobile he was driving struck and killed 8-year-old Alan Geisenkoetter Jr. Coleman, who was drunk and whose driver’s license was revoked when he crashed into the boy, had multiple previous DWIs in a motor vehicle. The incident prompted state lawmakers to close loopholes in the state’s DWI law. “We hope the increased penalties for people convicted of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence will cause them to think twice before drinking and riding. But they won’t bring back Alan or heal the damage this senseless crash caused his family,” said Jen Mueller, a regional training officer in the DNR Enforcement Division and the agency’s Enforcement Education Officer of the Year. “There’s never an excuse to drink and drive and we have no tolerance for people who do it.” The new law – Little Alan’s Law – went into effect Aug. 1, 2018. It means people convicted of driving while intoxicated – regardless of the vehicle they’re driving – lose their driver’s license and are prohibited from operating motor vehicles, including all-terrain vehicles, motorboats and snowmobiles. Before the law change, people convicted of DWI in a highway-licensed vehicle still could legally operate ATVs, motorboats and snowmobiles. The changes apply to violations that occurred on or after Aug. 1, 2018. The DNR anticipates Little Alan’s Law will affect more than 2,000 people each month in Minnesota. But since the law requires a DWI conviction – and these cases take time to move through the court system – specific numbers aren’t yet available.   Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • iiccee63
      Anyone on Linwood that might need a hand let me know on here. Have wheeler with plow. We just might have some problems this year. I'm taking mine off next week. Already helping a buddy with his this weekend.   IICCEE
    • iiccee63
      Where is that lake?
    • Borch
      We got an additional 8-10" yesterday.   Talking another 2-4 this weekend.  Gonna be tough going for sure.
    • Knowknot
      Hi Curt. Been waiting for a new report from you. Haven't seen anything for a while. What's happening?
    • gimruis
      This is the first time I can remember that the post card came before the online posting.