• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Went fishing today with the St. Cloud guys and had a good time. The fishing was not hot but it was with good company. Rick G  caught a nine and three-quarter inch bluegill. I guy has enough fish for a fish fry know. I got a couple gills that were very close to the 9 inch Mark. Tom caught fair number of gills in the 9 inch range. I hope to do this again what a great bunch of guys from St. Cloud.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 4

11 hours ago, Cret Jigs said:

What jig head you using on there ... nice fish!!

Cret

Which one? With plastic it a pug bug inn1/64 oz. with wax worm it is glow whit diamond jig from custom jigs and spins. In about the same size 

Please be careful when heading out on the lakes this warm weather has caused some weak spots in the ice sheets

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, monstermoose78 said:

Please be careful when heading out on the lakes this warm weather has caused some weak spots in the ice sheets

I feel bad for anyone who still has a permanent shack out anywhere in the state. That rain and warm temperature has really made removal a safety challenge. Be safe out there my Friends.

The turkeys are starting to move around. That means turkey season is coming

• 2 weeks later...

Made it out yesterday morning to little horseshoe east of Cambridge, started out shallow searching for crappies and gills. We found some little gills and crappies. Tried for couple hours and couldn't get the big ones to bite, so off to horseshoe we went. Started on the north end finding a lot of gills and some crappies. Didn't catch to many nice ones in the afternoon so moved a little south on the lake and found some nicer ones In 12-20 fow but only a few, threw them back and left at dark. The crappies where pretty finicky had to work for them, but the gills would hit the tungsten's before I could get my line all the way down. Heres the biggest and smallest crappies I got. And one of the 7 inch gills I got. Good day for quantity not quality.

20160303_165957.jpg

20160303_110916.jpg

20160303_141350.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Great job

Please be careful this week and next weekend on the ice!! It has been a crazy ice fishing season. No ice until the end of December and looks like an early ice out too boot!! 

Start watching your bird feeders!! I saw a bear on my way home!

• Thumbs Up 1

Went out on a couple local area lakes to find some gills. I picked up alot of 6-8 inchers on waxies and euro larvae. The shore lines are going fast. Found 8-10 inches of soft ice, getting scary out there be careful.

20160309_114807.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Please stay off the ice around here!!! I heard people are breaking through. In a week or so open water will be here. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think shallow people the are there

• Thumbs Up 2

My daughter and I took the boat out for the first time this season yesterday on a Cambridge area lake. Water is still very cold - main lake was 40-41 degrees. Crappies definitely haven't made any shallow movements yet. I checked a few shallow spawning spots and water temp was only 43-44 degrees. Nothing was going on shallow so we went deep. Found big schools of crappies in the main lake basin. Everything we caught was 35-41 FOW. Almost all were caught on a drop shot rig/minnow or Rapala Jigging Rap. The jigging rap seemed to work best though, the fish were more aggressive with that then the minnow. Was fun to get out with the long rods for a change!

IMG_3872.JPG

• Thumbs Up 4

Great report dispatch 1313! Awesome that you got the little one out, looks like she had a fun time. Thanks for posting!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hearing that green is putting out some crappies in 10 to 14 feet of water. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Made it out to long lake yesterday and managed to find a few crappies. Forgot my depth finder but they were are out a little deeper, we weren't close to shore. Got a couple on worms, most on minnows. We got rained on but that's when they were biting the best!

• Thumbs Up 2

They were all 9"-10.5". Had one that looked a lot a bigger get off right at the boat 

• Thumbs Up 1

Fun times!! Keep up the good work

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well walleyes should good on the area lakes think the first break line or shallow weed lines.

Got out yesterday for the first time this year on open water, on an area lake, found a pocket on the edge of a weed line, got into some nice perch and came across a few nice gills. All where caught on waxies and crawlers in 6-10 ft of water on all gold ice jigs. Got a couple perch over 10 inches and a couple gills at or over 9 inches. 

20160517_175646.jpg

20160517_200136.jpg

20160517_195940.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

The weed bite on green is strong. 5 to 8 feet of water is the area to find some eyes at low light.

• Thumbs Up 1

Lori lake is putting out some eyes trolling slow is what has been working with shiny cranks.

friends are still getting eyes on green.

mille lacs is hot 

Briggs lake is also giving up some eyes 

heard blue has been slow for eyes and crappies but the bass are fun

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

2 places for eyes the rum river and Lori lake with the rum being the better choice for numbers.

Crappies are biting on long lake. Gills on little elk. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 5 weeks later...

Smallies on the Rum  are eating anything and everything. Walleyes are being taken as well but the bite seems to be limited to short windows. 

Little Elk is giving up some keeper gills.

Lori lake is still giving up some eyes and crappies. 

Green has been hit or miss for eyes crappies have fairly easy to find.

large mouth bass are biting on Spec, Green, Blue, Lori, and littleElk

• 5 weeks later...

Well I found out a moose in a kayak means a wet moose!! Riverrat got a good laugh!! The fish did not bite well for us but we tried. It was rats idea to take me to slake to learn to kayak first before we hit the rim! Good idea I think I would have died on the rum. We want the water to come down some more before we hit the river. Anyone know of big kayak for me like a bass boat lol! No pictures were taken cause we would have lost them. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Lol Moose.Atleast you got out there and learned a few things.More than I have.I hav'nt even been in a kayak yet.You thinking about getting one?

I'm still doing the usual shore thing on the Mississippi all safe about it.lmao

One of these days I'll get a kayak with ya"ll and meet up on a stretch of river or lake somewhere.Still hav'nt pulled the trigger yet.Anyway hope all is well with you and the family bro..:) 

• Thumbs Up 1

River rat has two so he hadmetry one out. If I can find a wider one and one i can sit low in I would like to get one. Things are good for me Jeremy how are things for you?