• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Was Finn able to land any fish or was he Studying the inside of his kennel for possible escape route ?

Has anyone heard about the ice conditions on Lory Lake? Was thinking of heading there on Friday but didn't want to make the trip if it's not good to go.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
10 hours ago, Weathertite said:

Was Finn able to land any fish or was he Studying the inside of his kennel for possible escape route ?

Finn studied his crate he is learning how to be in there for short time periods before I start working.

10 hours ago, fisherjmb said:

Has anyone heard about the ice conditions on Lory Lake? Was thinking of heading there on Friday but didn't want to make the trip if it's not good to go.

I heard Lory has 4 inches of ice, but that is hear say. However all the other lakes around are at about 4 inches of ice and it got cold last night so it should make a little more ice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Went out fishing on Blue late afternoon till dark ... was spotty to find marks BUT, as it got dark - low and behold, we caught gills and crappies in a 45 minute window.  I took a friend that has had some health issues out and sent a meal home for him and his wife.  did we catch huge numbers - no But what a great time as we caught some ok crappies and a few gills.    I caught mine on all plastics and my friend caught his on minnows.   Plastics won by 2-1 ratio :) 

Thanks to @Moosehunter78 for good direction .... I am mostly a catch n release guy who lets all Sunnies go that are over 8" and all Crappies over 12" go back.   Need future good fishing!!

Cret Jigs

• Thumbs Up 3

Went to Lory lake this morning. Ice is good. Measured between five and 7 inches. Fishing was very slow unfortunately.

• Thumbs Up 3

Any ice reports for francis lake, outside Isanti? Did that lake winter kill a couple years ago? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4-6 inches of ice

Best bites reports have come Long Lake and Lory Lake for crappies and gills. Walleyes are being taken on Little Elk in 8-12 feet of water. I hope to get out here soon and chase some gills. 

I hope this cold makes some ice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well the best bites this week came are coming from Lory lake in the 12-16 feet of water for Bluegills and crappies, but do not be shocked if you pick up a walleye. 

Long Lake is still kicking out great numbers of Crappies, Gills, and PIke. Please use the public access and to not trespass. I know it is a walk but it will not hurt most of us and wheeler are now being used.  

Ann Lake near Zimmerman had a night bite for crappies but they are running a little on the small side. 

Green, Blue, Baxter, and Spec have been slow. Not saying you can not catch some fish on these lakes but the reports have not been very good. 

Good Luck and Dress Warm if you are heading out this weekend. Also it is a little early to start driving out because there are thinner spots so use common sense.

• Thumbs Up 3

I had plans to go fishing today. I got up with Finn so he could go outside and start the truck. Well the inside of my nose started freezing, so I checked the weather service to see what the temp was and it said -18 as I am typing this it is still -17. To cold for this guy to go out fishing. I think I will be waiting for next weekend. My wife got up and said I thought you were going fishing. She went outside and said sleep well.

• Thumbs Up 2

We were out on Saturday and sunday up by Mille Lacs and I have to say that we were able to catch fish. Not fast and furious but we did get our limit of crappies after a couple of long days on the ice. It was not the most comfortable I have ever been in a portable. Cant wait for the warmer weekend coming up.

• Thumbs Up 1

what were you using to get them to bite and what depths

• Thumbs Up 1

I know he is thankful I stayed home today.He loves to play in the snow but when it is this cold he does not mess around playing outside.

• Thumbs Up 2

If you check out the metro photo contest forum I have posted the photos and details , If you need more info you could PM me.

Thanks and hope this helps

• Thumbs Up 1

Naw I was just wondering what got some of the fish to bite, but I will check the other spots

• Thumbs Up 1

Just got back from an overnight on Mille Lacs and not a lot happening. 13 feet off of doe island. 3 walleye and one perch between 3 guys. Walleye hit on minnow heads and shiner. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Went to Mora for training today, I left early to make sure I could find the place and hit the bait store. I found some cool plastics and got some more wax worms. I also asked where the fish were biting. I was told if you know knife lake you can get some nice fish. Ann Lake was doing good when the temps were not so cold. He said some walleyes are being caught on Quamba or how ever you spell it.:grin:

• Thumbs Up 2

Were you able to get out and ice anything today ?  Did Finn do okay at home all day today or did he get to go as well ?

• Thumbs Up 1

No fishing for me and Finn stayed home.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was on green on Sunday and man was it cold!! Snowmobiled to every side of the lake and tried every spot I could think of or have caught fish on in the past. All I had to show for all the work was some small perch and crappies. 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, M1dwestF1sh said:

I was on green on Sunday and man was it cold!! Snowmobiled to every side of the lake and tried every spot I could think of or have caught fish on in the past. All I had to show for all the work was some small perch and crappies. 

Yeah that is what the word is on Green, Blue, and Baxter. The best bites are coming from Long, Lory, Knife, and both Ann's

• Thumbs Up 1

We used to do ok on gills and occasional crappies.  Size was good to great, but fish were hard to find, and roamed a lot.  Best in the spring when you can drill and move a lot.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, M1dwestF1sh said:

What does everybody catch on long? Its so shallow

the only hole on the lake, but you can be on the edge of it, That is what I do

• Thumbs Up 3

I hope that everyone here appreciates all the information that moose shares with you guys to help you be able to locate fish and make your day more productive . Thank you very much Moose

• Thumbs Up 4

A workmate of mine who lives on Long lake said there has been a lot of people out there recently fishing. Being how shallow it is I wonder if it will get fished out soon like stanchfield did a couple winters ago

• Thumbs Up 1