• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Went to  Blue Lake with my cousin's husband. In the first hour we caught few crappies along the outside weed edge with twister tails. The 5-9 inch largemouth bass liked them as well.  We trolled for a while can caught 4 northerns that were 25-29 inches. We saw a few gills on the south end so we thought we would try that and I landed one and then his phone rang and he dropped the phone into the lake. Fishing trip over in less than 2 hours. I forgot my camera in the truck, so no photos this time. I will be getting out fishing with him more this summer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Happy 4th of July!!! 

Get out and fish if you can. The walleyes are showing up on some lakes fishing the weed lines. Bass are active in most lakes as are Pike. Crappies are hanging out on out side edges of the weed lines 5-9 feet of water. The Rum River is looking amazing for finding fish in the deeper holes. 

Tried for crappies several times on Blue last weekend. Couldn't find any active schools.  Each time we'd move we'd pick up one or two and that was it.  Good part was that most of the fish we caught were around 10" which is good for that lake.  I marked a lot of fish higher in the water column (like 8 feed down over 15-20 feet of water).  We caught some of those suspended fish in the bay by the camper park, but only a few.  

• Thumbs Up 1

My house is almost in move in condition. Cleaned the carpets today. So one those are dry I can start moving stuff in. Look out fish!!! I will be back in the game in time for the late summer blues to kick in. 

It's my favorite time to start looking at alternative fishing locations. Places where water stays cooler than other places....

anyways, the kayaks have dust on them and thats going to have to change. 

• Thumbs Up 2

I have been hearing of a stellar crappie bite  from Lori Lake. The weed lines near quick drop offs on the east side of the lake. Twister tails on jigs worked  back slowly has been a solid choice. If you can keep minnows alive they are working as well.  Be ready to do battle with some bass while fish this way. 

Walleye bites around have not been to great with the exception of Mille Lacs Lake. Sounds like the big fish are coming from the off the mud flats and some keeper fish are coming from the evening bite on rock piles. The best rock piles are not the big ones look to the small ones that do not get as much pressure. Small Mouth Bass are eating on these same rock piles.

The smallies are on fire on the Rum River. Look to current breaks or something they can hide under. Top water is a solid choice. Walleyes are hanging around the holes.

The Crappies bite has been going strong on Lori Lake still. Green Lake is still giving up crappies. The crappies seem to be hanging on the deeper weed lines. 

Bluegills are coming from Little Elk Lake so are northern pike. 

Large mouth Bass are being caught on Blue, Little Elk, Green, Spec, and Lori.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The best place to catch some fish around Princeton is the Rum River. Smallmouth Bass are eating just about anything moving. Walleyes are biting in the holes that do not get fished as much. This means wading the river or floating the river looking for holes that are not next to the road.  Northerns are biting off those who do not use leaders.

Lori Lake is still a good choice for bluegill,crappies, bass, and a chance at walleye. Look to the weed lines for fish. Keep an eye out for surface feeding crappies it is a dead give away to their location. 

Green Lake is giving up some Crappies and a walleye here or there. Some big bass have been caught as well as some nice pike. 

Long Lake is still giving up good numbers of crappies but they are on the small side. Best fishing has been around the deep hole.

Blue Lake has been slow even the bass seem to not want to bite. 

Ann Lake near Zimmerman is good spot to take some kids out if they want action. Size is not very good, but numbers of gills can make up for lack of size. 

Geese are flying and hitting fields. Sandhill Cranes are flying around making lots of noise. Pheasants seem to have done pretty good this spring. Deer are moving later in the day. I can't wait for hunting season!!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good morning. Wanted to see what kind of action has been going on around blue or green..haven't made it out that way in a while and was thinking of wetting a line tonight after work. Thanks for any info

Blue Lake is been a good bet for Bass and Crappies along the outside weed lines. A walleye can be had if you fish until dark or after. Lots of pleasure boaters out there. 

Green has been okay for Crappies but they have slide out to the deep water. Bass and Pike are biting along the weed lines and small Bluegills and Perch are in water 16 feet or less. Walleyes are have been caught in weeds as the sun sets or pulling spinners on deep edge of the drop offs.

• Thumbs Up 1

thanks for the post moose! Think the wife and I will give green a try tonight. I haven't heard much else having a good bite..just need to scratch the itch if you know what i mean..Thanks again!

• Thumbs Up 1

Blue Lake is been a good bet for Bass and Crappies along the outside weed lines. A walleye can be had if you fish until dark or after. Lots of pleasure boaters out there. 

Green has been okay for Crappies but they have slide out to the deep water. Bass and Pike are biting along the weed lines and small Bluegills and Perch are in water 16 feet or less. Walleyes are have been caught in weeds as the sun sets or pulling spinners on deep edge of the drop offs.

When we going fishing? 

Nice report bro...

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I hope soon. Thanks man. I will over in your neck of the woods a lot this fall for my internship, so maybe we can hit the river.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well the Rum River has the best bite going in the area from what I have seen and heard. The key is not to fish the community spots, but to find your own little holes or where little feeder creeks enter for walleyes. Smallmouth Bass on the other hand are easy to catch most places. The key for them is structure and any form of it seems to holding a fish or 2.  

Crappies have been caught on Green, Blue, Lori, and Long Lakes. Plastics have been the better choice.

Bluegills have been coming from Little Elk, Lori, and Ann Lake. Leeches are helping get the eater sized fish and bigger. 

O yeah Walleyes are starting to bite on the Mississippi below the dams in St. Cloud. Smallmouth are biting well there as well. Walleyes is a low light thing mostly.

• 1 month later...

A buddy stopped by to show me 8 nice walleyes caught from Green Lake fishing the weed lines with a jig and light sucker minnow. 

Reports on ducks have been slow, but I am going to hit the old mans pond tomorrow. I hope a few wood ducks will still be there and my dad said there has been some mallards around as of late. 

Deer are rippin up the woods. This is the time to try to call in that big ole buck. I might get out Sunday night for deer, but that is if the wife allows that.

Grouse I have not seen or heard much about grouse around the area.

Pheasants- There are pockets of birds. I have been seeing some birds north highway 95 and west of 169. 

Went out this morning and the only ducks we seen flying were bills. A few more geese have moved into the area. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck to all those who will be chasing deer in the morning!! Please share your stories and some photos

My brother is hunting behind our dad's house and he got out there before the neighbor and his crew. My brother said he did not hear a deer as the others got into their stands. He is back out in his stand ready for a buck to come out. It is normally a better evening spot back there, so he is feeling good about his chances.

• 2 weeks later...

It is SNOWING!! BRING ON THE COLD!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at my house it said 11 degrees this morning. I think I might go see if any of my favorite early ice spots locked up yet seeing the wind let up. I know one lake yesterday was about 1/4 covered. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

Made it out on a lake today!! Met @Cret Jigs and @tview!! Cret Jigs saved the day for monstermoose78. Some not so smart monstermoose for got to charge his vexialr battery, but Cret Jigs ran home and saved the day. Thank you Cret Jigs. I also did not grab the fully charged, so I could not cut all the holes I wanted. The fish were biting very light and the ice was 4-4.5 inches thick.

• Thumbs Up 3

That's what fishing friends are for moose , I am Quite sure that you have done the same for someone else in the past. Did you remember to bring Finn ?

• Thumbs Up 2

Nope Finn is learning to like his crate. I think I caught 5 or 6 gills biggest at maybe 7 inches.

Had to work for them they wanted a wax work on custom jig and spin diamond jig in glow white.

• Thumbs Up 1

Went out fishing with @river rat316 today because I like him and I do not like to go out on thin ice alone. I had to cut a lot of holes but the Clam drill plate worked awesome with a fully charged battery. Also got another battery for my vexilar. Found some fish about where I was the other day with @Cret Jigs and @tview. Not much for size to the crappies or gills, but I kept a few crappies for grandma. She will be happy to have some fresh fish. about the same 4 to 4.5 inches out there,

• Thumbs Up 4

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Moose glad you finally made it sounds like a good day.

• Thumbs Up 1

It was a good day took some time to find em but when I did I made the most of it. My fishing partner did not do as well. ;)

• Thumbs Up 2