• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Medicine Lake Fishing Reports

notsogoodfisherman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure what you mean by back water. I walked out of french park today and fished most of the day. Found some small crappie and caught about 20 of them. You can get out if you walk. I was the only one out fishing the lake today

I mean the canoe trails and backwater area...like where the fishing pier is; and the two bridges in the park...I'm wondering if it is unfrozen yet...it's shallow, like 3 or 4 ft, and a lot of shallow areas like this are unfrozen already

I'm interested in that too. I don't have a boat, and like to fish by the bridge/walking path along West Medicine Lake Road - just across the street from West Medicine Lake Park.

Is that open water yet?

• 1 month later...

I am looking for a partner to go fishing with at Medicine Lake on May 28, the saturday of Memorial weekend. I am interested in renting a boat...anyone interested?

Thanks,

Derek

I am looking for a partner to go fishing with at Medicine Lake on May 28, the saturday of Memorial weekend. I am interested in renting a boat...anyone interested?

Thanks,

Derek

If i'm not camping that weekend you can save your money and fish in my boat

If you're gonna fish Medicine on a holiday weekend I suggest getting there VERY early.

I agree with blakjack. Get there at sun-up and fish till 10 then get out of dodge. That launch is horrible with the holiday lolligaggers.

I agree with blakjack. Get there at sun-up and fish till 10 then get out of dodge. That launch is horrible with the holiday lolligaggers.

Last year on Sunday was comical.

Watching people screw around at the landing after a day of catching fat Green Bass was the perfect ending.

• 3 weeks later...

Fished Medicine Tuesday Morning.

The crappie and sunfish spawn is on.

Shallows have 1000's of fish on beds.

Go get all them Tater Chips!

Was out on Monday hammered Sunny's, caught 2 avg Northers and a hand full of Lg mouths. All in about 3-5 FOW.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any updates on the bite? Really want to get into some northern or 'eyes, do any of you guys have any tips or suggestion for guides?

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone fished Medicine Lake recently? If so what is happening with the curly leaf pond weed? Last time I was on Medicine you could barely fish it due to the pond weed.

I know if dies off some time in mid-summer but not sure when.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Well my one buddy got a nasty note on his windshield after hosting a club deal out there. Then my other buddy was out with a guy and someone took his pin out of his receiver and cut his safety cables while they were fishing a different club deal! Unreal! Lucky the rig fell boat and trailer combo fell into the lake instead of killing someone on the highway! Hope this person gets caught!

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening ladies and gentlemen,

I was just wondering/hoping to get an update for Medicine Lake in Hennepin County. Are crank baits possible anywhere due to the growth of over abundant weeds? Any special colors? How are the docks working for you? Lily pads?

Thanks!

Fished Medicine today from 6:30am-2pm. It was very nice and not overly hot until the afternoon. Worked the lake, mainly docks and lily pads. But when that water surface hit 81 degrees, the bite was off.

It was a good day fishing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thinking about going out in the morning. Anyone have any ice condition updates? Drove by tonight and looks like the water froze up. Be out there around 8 if you see me say hi!

I'm looking to spend a lot of time on medicine lake this year. Any tips on where to set up. And what are the ice conditions right now?

Got out today, solid 5 inches of great ice. Better bring some cleats for traction. Fished by the French lake boat launch, not a lot of fish though

We fished out of French and did very well, but the ice was spotty. Found 3 inches in one area and then 5.5 the next. Had a great time though!

was out on the ice today at 8am there is a good 6" everywhere west side of the boat launch...

on the other note .... After, Me and my buddy were leaving we both dropped our fishing pole case while carry the sled up the hill. We didn't even realize we lost it until we were at bald eagle lake while unloading the sled. ... I want to say Thanks to Erin for leaving a Note and arranging for us to picking it up ..I;m sure glad there is still good people on the lakes and good sportsman out there. I know if someone lost their things I would return it to them .. Thanks again Erin of New hope " I think" you're a life saver