• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Demontreville Fishing Reports

stillwaterangler

I saw a guy fishing there in the afternoon yesterday. I wouldn't have tried it yesterday. I did go to a much smaller lake last Thursday, but after the rain and warmth this weekend, I'm going to wait a couple more days 'til round 2.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• BigHitter

• mpester

• Radar Randy

• hookitguy2007

Saw a guy walking off the lake the other day with a small bass to hide in his car. I told him it was illegal to keep bass out of Demontreville, Olson and Jane. He looked at me with a blank stare like he did not understand English and so I pointed to the sign that says the lake is catch and relese only for bass. I have a new phone that I did not transfer my old contacts onto so I tried to call TIPS instead of calling the wardens number like I usually do. TIPS took the information but I do not think the guy probably got caught. I now have the warden's numbers in the phone so I can call them directly.

I wish I had better luck fishing this lake in the winter since it is so close to my house. I just never seem to get many good fish in the winter like I do in open water. I do better on the river.

I agree about the size of the pannies, but they are fun to catch. Just hang out around the hole in the bay and your bound to get into them. I have never caught a crappie bigger than 7 inches out there.

Was out on demontreville 2 days ago, caught some nice bass and a few pike off tip ups, would love to catch the "slab" crappies people talk about all year long but i cant ever seem to find em. If anyone would be so kind as to give me a tip or two that would be much appreciated. if you dont want to give up your secrets i understand that too smile see ya'll out there!

There is a stretch of deeper water past the bay and to the right that might be holding bigger fish. I plan on trying that area this year.

I've tried trollin that spot this summer a few times, never had a bite. seems that most of my fish come from the front side near the boat launch, or way around the lake near olson.

Any new reports on crappie for demon? Was on pelican in monticello sunday. Small pannies is all we could catch.

Had some crappie minnows taken out there. Buddy hooked into something nice and broke his line, but mostly your typical Demontreville mini-sunfish.

Was out Friday... Caught 37 crappie and five were slabs. Fished from sundown to 8pm. Very unusual for that lake.... Lots of fun tho!

Heading out there Thursday afternoon, any advise for where to catch some crappie? I will give a full report. I'll be spending most my time around the point in the deeper water and on the steepest break. A front is coming threw late Thurs/early Fri. May turn the fish on! GOOD FISHIN TO YA'LL.

Oh, could you give him the precise GPS coordinates, depth, time of day, rod reel line and lure info along with a hint on the bait you used?

Anyone know what the ice thickness is on Demontraville? We are looking to take the four wheeler with tracks out, but want to make sure its safe..

7 to 8 inches. There was a 4 wheeler out yesterday. Caught some med. sized sunny and 2 crappie. Left at 5:15 though. Stayin later next time.

almost good to drive a small truck. Dont wanna rush it though. How's the nite bite for crappie been? Heard buffalo has been doing good on walleye and crappie. Are you able to even get on the lake with a vehicle when its safe?

I was out there yesterday from 330 to630, Got a dozen sunnies and after dark picked up 5 crappies. All small, 12" of ice it was fun. theye will be driving out soon.

Was out there on Saturday morning entertaining kids that have never ice fished.. Wanted to thank the people that helped me pick a spot so the kids could catch sunfish. They ended up with 8 sunnies and one northern. I ended up with 2 lures, pliers, and one small child sized leg down the hole. To add to that one kid managed to bend my ice scoop when my back was turned. Fishing with young kids is the most fun you can have while being stressed out at the same time!!

Anyone heading out there this weekend? Gonna try Sunday, weather looks good. How's the bite been? People might start driving out there now...??? Don't wanna be the first one myself.