• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Holy Name, Half Moon, or Spurzem Lake

I hit Spurzem last week caught a few crappies and gills. they were in 17 FOW. There was 8" of good ice then, now i am sure much more. they were more interested in waxies and eurolarva than crappie minnows.

Thanks for the info... Yea I am sure any slush that was on the lakes is frozen solid by now. BRRR the last few days have been frigid!

Considering you have to hoof it down a hill a half mile before you can get on half moon I would not be worried about it being posted about.

Thanks guys, yea I'm sure there are a few left in there who avoided the nets. HOT HOT HOT I doubt but who knows... took a float tube out there this summer and didn't catch ish

Why are you yelling?

WHENEVER I FIND A SMALL LAKE, FIRST THING I DO IS POST ABOUT IT ALL OVER THE INTERNETS.LOL!!!!

HOLY NAME IS HOT HOT HOT. PEOPLE THINK IT GOT FISHED OUT CAUSE I POSTED ABOUT IT 3 YEARS AGO.LOL!!!! STILL SOME NICE EYES IN THERE FO SHIZEL!!!!

I caught a few small crappies on spurzem but only went out for about 2 hours 5-7pm. Biggest fish was about 7 inches. It used to be a great lake not sure what happened but last few years seemed to only produce small fish. Been wanting to try Half Moon but it's been too cold anytone going out keep us updated. Thanks

its not fished out, i have fished it almost everyday this week. the bite is from midnight to five in the morning. the only thing is the crappies are not over the deep hole like normal years, but there are plenty of nice fish in there you just gotta find them.

its no hot spot but if u do the work and find the fish it can be a great time. i have fished it many times during the day but never with much luck. plenty of small sunnies, perch, and the occasional crappie. But like i said the only decent fish i have caught have been from 12-5 in the morning. If u find them u will have a blast, if not it turns into one heck of a long night

every time i going i limit out no matter what time its is. have u ever caught any eyes out of there?

ya i could limit out too on 8in crappies during the day, but for some reason i have only caught the nicer ones late night once i get away from the smaller fish. i caught a couple really nice eyes in years past but none this year. bigfish have u been havin luck with decent crappies during the day?

yeah i was in about 20 fow and getting at about 10 off the bottom waxes work great never really use minnows always get big one on waxes.oh yeah i would say about 100 yards from landing. that all i can so with out put my spots out there kind of my honey hole if know what saying. i live in shakopee so its a drive but its worth it.

maybe one day when i head that way we could hook up and hit this lake with both our heads and maybe find some eyes. let me know?

ya i totally agree the waxies are the way to go, although i have pulled out some nice perch with a minnow on a dead stick. do u still get into the sunnies pretty good in 20 fow? yeah i would like to meet up and give it a shot sometime, i have never actually targeted them there i just picked one up here and there.