• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Hiawatha

mnhunter17

I was wondering if anyone has tried ice fishing Hiawatha? I live in the area and was interested in giving it a try.

I'm not sure about it this year, but last year I had really good luck on this little lake with the northerns, just be careful of the ice. I might try it next week and I'll keep you posted.

I've gotten several small sunnies and lost a few bigger fish, probably pike. Visibility can be an issue, haven't been there this year.

Got a nice big bluegill a couple years ago. Havent fished it for a few years now. But I did get many large red bands on the vexilar. They acted like crappies, came up and looked and went away. It would be great to try a camera. I know there is many northerns, a few stragler eyes. Also met an older guy that used to fish it all the time and he told me stories of lots of crappies by the beach area. I think the lake has turned over a few times since then, but it does have a 30 foot hole. There has to be a few big crappies lurking around somewhere in that dark water. The creak was bone dry this year earlier, so I would imagine there wasn't much fish meandering about....

Be careful! The creek channel runs through and makes some choppy ice. That said there are a lot of small notherns, and some decent gills, crappies, and walleyes in the lake. Probably one of the least ice-fished lakes in the metro.

Thanks guys. I might give it a try later this week. Where would be a good place to look for some Northerns?

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      Not sure how they did the wood back then, but now they have plastic I'm sure you could bend into a circle if yea needed. 👌
    • Wanderer
      What I really wanna know is:   How’d get that lattice to curve like that?  Bomb diggity!
    • monstermoose78
      Fish Newton lake is great for walleyes. Everyone goes to basswood and forgets about newton. The late fall pike bite in pipestone is amazing and it’s a great time to catch the big walleyes are up there feeding too.
    • gimruis
      It would cost you 830 bucks to watch every game this NFL season under multiple platforms.   I don't have peacock or espn+ or whatever they want me to have, so I'll just have to relent on being able to watch a few games.  I refuse to cave in to their demands just to watch the Packers play the Eagles in Brazil.  I think last year peacock had the exclusive rights to the Miami/KC playoff game too.  I'm sure that will occur again in January.
    • leech~~
      Well it's a win, but it wasn't to Purdy with all the turn overs and penalties!  
    • leech~~
      Oop, must be another Vikings game.  So far it's been a Prudy game, Viks!  😁
    • leech~~
      Another prediction.   Under the cloud of "Woke Inclusion" Just like the Mn state flag and the Mn Twins, the Vikings name will be going away in a few years! Their already making them look like Snow flakes!  We can't have the uniforms of angry Norwegian people!  Sounds funny but. Wait for it! 😒
    • leech~~
      Just sayen, not all the loyal old fans, can pay for the NFL viewing package!    
    • Wanderer
      New frontiers.  Expand the market; make more money.  Despite some PR moments, they’re not in it for charity.   BUT, they might want to take a moment and see how that worked out for NASCAR.  Not that having to buy premium channels to watch races was the only problem but it sure helped kill the fever for a lot of people.
    • leech~~
      Get ready. Any bets in a few years the average Joe NFL fans aren't going to be able to watch their local teams, unless it's pay for view!  Sounds like their greasing the wheels now.  There are 5 international games this year! ☹️ "The NFL will play a regular season game in Madrid, Spain in 2025, as the NFL prioritizes global growth and expands the International Games to new cities and markets around the world."

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.