• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Gervais Fishing Reports

had tryed a sholow spot when i cought that small bass looking

for northerns in about 8 to 10 fow heading out today hopeing to

find them eyes

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• dinomak

• MrSchrute

• mosquitoman

• jwmiller33

Does any one know how to get on gervais? I drove around it couldnt find how to get on, other than the channel from spoon. seen 2 trucks out there just wondering how they got on, because by the looks of it you either need too live on the lake or need permission by land owner in order to access the lake.

There is a beach and fishing dock off Edgerton with a small parking area. You can't drive out from there though.

yeah i know where your talkin about. i thought there use to be an access there, but now they got it all banked off. been a while since i been out on that lake.

i drove aroud the lake on tuesday while heading back to my office from a meeting and saw a small truck out near the north end. their tracks in the snow lead out from the spoon lake access...... i guess if you have a small enough vehicle and are brave enough to drive under a small bridge (i have never trusted the ice enough myself) you can drive on from there but that is the only place to get a vehicle on.

i was out tonight for the night bite... there were about 10-15 people who drove on the lake tonight out from the access where you have to drive under the bridge to get onto the lake. saw several suvs, vans, and half ton trucks out there that drove onto the lake, and i drove out my f150 under the bridge too, as it looks like the bridge was the only place you could drive on the lake... it was kind of shady and i wasn't that excited about doing it.

out on the main lake, there was a google 2.5 feet of ice. auger was down to the handles when drilling the holes... almost needed an extension it was so thick..

fished in 10-18 fow and we caught a couple small ones. probably wont be driving out there again, but do plan on going back. lots of different species in this lake, but i do think it is that time in the ice fishing season where it kind of slows done until late ice. will take the sled with the portable from now on...

theres a lot of guys driving under neath that bridge, plus i hear there are springs out on the lake. anybody have a map of where the springs are? it would be nice to have.

I was out last night, but I parked by Kohlman bridge and walked in. It's only a 2 min walk. All my buddies are driving from Spoon though. I was going to try, but the bank at the boat landing is too steep for my car. Out of six of us in that area we got a only a few eye's, a northern and a perch or 2. It is slowing down out there, but still haven't been skunked on this lake all season.

yeah i dont know just the thought of driving under that bridge is a lattle crazy. i guess im just goona have to suck it up and take the snowmobile out there. is any one catching any thing on the west end of gervais

pretty shallow, went threw in boat once got off the middle section and hit prop under there before...i'd say there probably is small area in middle 3' deep, maybe 4, and pretty shallow on outskirts...if you do bust through your car/truck isn't going under by any means, but definately don't want to get stuck there

Was out again last night till about 10:30. Only caught 2 eyes and only 1 was a keeper, a solid 16"r. Worked for it by sitting out there for 8+ hours. Definitely slowing down out there.

I left the fun of the crowds and went to my honey hole yesterday. Ended up with 13 walleye, no lie. All but 4 were exactly 11 inches on the dot. The other 4 that I kept were around 14". Small fish, but kept me busy changing bait every 5 min. Completely shut down after sunset. As long as this lake doesn't get abused and people throw back these 11"rs, it's going to be on fire in a few years. The sketchy access keeps people off, which is a good thing.

Any daytime panfish bite going on out there? I fished it for 3-4 hours (2-6ish) a few weeks ago and caught one walleye. Mine was a younger sibling to your 11 incher. Would you be willing to share a depth range you were targeting? Any help would be appreciated.

I don't fish for panfish till walleye ender so I can't say anything there, but I was in 17 fow on the other end of the lake from everyone else. Drill around the point, you'll find spots where it's only 4 fow, but move a 10 ft away and it's 17 fow.

Dinomak... You heading out today? I was thinkning of going there or to another metro lake to find some wallys

I want to get out there before the storm, but still tired from yesterday as I walked out. Snow is 5 inches deep or so already. Should be nobody out with the game going on. Now that I stretched a little I'll be out on the south shore in a small blue clam.

The weather must be affecting the fishing. 3 small walleyes, the biggest being 12". No fish for the pan, but not a complete washout. I did finally catch a nice bass though. They do exist. lol

I fished yesterday for a couple hours in the afternoon. Set the tip up in 20' and my shack in 17'. Didn't mark a fish the entire time.

They're driving everything from moto X to full size dualies. Rugby was that you in the blue clam fishing by the channel? If so you were in a good spot, just wrong timing. My buddies down by the Kohlman bridge didn't even get a perch bite. Anyhow better luck to ya next trip.

I wasn't on Gervais but experienced the same 'bite' yesterday. Did have lookers on the vex, but would touch nothing - not a minnow head, fathead, or waxie. At least I know they're there.

Spent a couple hours on the lake this afternoon. SKUNKED. I know I could have pulled some dink perch if I tried but I did not try. First time on the lake. I was on the south side by the beach. My first time on the lake I will try again. Good luck to the next guy.

The thing with this lake is that if you're looking for big lunker walleye you're gonna be left sittin out there. I found by thinking small: light line, light action bobber, small split shot, and small hook to keep that minnow swimming, the action is more consistent. Should get at least one 11" eye every trip with this set-up. 19 days of walleye fishig left, make em count.

made it out befor the storm baged sume nice perch sat for a wile till after dark hopeing that would be were the eyes would be i was out on the south side of the enterince to spoon in 18 fow

i was just out this morning and caught three perch in 32fow marked a bunch of fish though they were interested in my bait but they just wouldnt hit they would fallow then just go back down tons of small hits im assuming it was all perch

made it out befor the storm baged sume nice perch sat for a wile till after dark hopeing that would be were the eyes would be i was out on the south side of the enterince to spoon in 18 fow

Hey eyehunter, was that you out there yesterday in the Clam next to a tan (I think) SUV? I think that I was just south of you in a Fish Trap nest to a tan Truck w/topper.

anybody been out on gervais since we got all this snow? are people still driving out from the access where you have to go underneath that bridge? i did it once last week and didnt feel to good about doing it... probably just going to walk out from now on... man would it be a mess if you went thru the ice underneath that bridge!!